Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ricky Johnson (Tulsa lean)

Started by intoxhog, December 25, 2008, 06:54:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

intoxhog

Ricky Johnson has been listed as a soft commit for sometime now. Is there any new news on him or is he still a soft commit and who else would he be looking at?

Kid looks like a player, i hope we get him.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

razorback541

Georgia tech he wants to play QB

The real Hogules

Personally I hope Johnson chooses Georgia Tech as his college destination.

Receivers we have in great supply and his scholarship could be used for an offensive lineman or a defensive lineman, a far greater need than the position Johnson will be playing at, should he choose to stick with his current committment.

That's just me assessment of the situation as it now stands and our most urgent needs as we try and improve our status in the toughest football conference in America!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

dougieritch

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 25, 2008, 08:40:55 am
Personally I hope Johnson chooses Georgia Tech as his college destination.

Receivers we have in great supply and his scholarship could be used for an offensive lineman or a defensive lineman, a far greater need than the position Johnson will be playing at, should he choose to stick with his current committment.

That's just me assessment of the situation as it now stands and our most urgent needs as we try and improve our status in the toughest football conference in America!

I agree, however I wish he'd hurry up and make a decision.  All that being said there is always room on the team for a 4.3 guy.

Hogbody

Quote from: dougieritch on December 25, 2008, 09:58:56 am
I agree, however I wish he'd hurry up and make a decision.  All that being said there is always room on the team for a 4.3 guy.

There's not many legit 4.3 guys, and if he is legit then we need him.

Tusks

when is he going to visit the hogs.....he's visited tulsa and GT....what about the school he's committed to?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

OKhogfan1959

We need his speed and quickness. We need this kid!

The real Hogules

December 25, 2008, 12:46:13 pm #7 Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 01:04:10 pm by The real Hogules
Quote from: LawnHog48 on December 25, 2008, 12:23:41 pm
We need his speed and quickness. We need this kid!

No we don't..............

He's listed as the 85th best WR in the Nation (3***) and his speed that is listed on the Scout site is 4.45.

And while he's an alright WR, judging by his stats and his measurables (Ht: 5-11 Wt: 185 40: 4.45) athletes in his mold are a dime a dozen.

I'd prefer the scholly be used at a position of more urgent need than at WR where the cupboard is fairly well stocked at the present time.

Ricky Johnson also had this to say in a recent Scout article -

Are you still committed to Arkansas after this visit? (in home visit from GT head coach Paul Johnson)

"I really don't know. I like to say I am but right now Georgia Tech and Arkansas are my top two teams. Right now they are even, no team is ahead of the other one."

I'm all for him signing with the Yellow Jackets and for us utilizing his spot for a player that will play a position of need on our team.

RxRazorback

Quote from: razorback541 on December 25, 2008, 07:34:13 am
Georgia tech he wants to play QB

I don't think thats it. In an article posted about a week ago Johnson said that playing WR is the most fun to him. He's trying to decide whether he wants to give up basketball or not. He's come out and said that he knows he couldn't do both in the SEC, but playing at GT would give him that option.
W88 Pig S88ie!

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 25, 2008, 12:46:13 pm
No we don't..............

He's listed as the 85th best WR in the Nation (3***) and his speed that is listed on the Scout site is 4.45.

And while he's an alright WR, judging by his stats and his measurables (Ht: 5-11 Wt: 185 40: 4.45) athletes in his mold are a dime a dozen.

I'd prefer the scholly be used at a position of more urgent need than at WR where the cupboard is fairly well stocked at the present time.

Ricky Johnson also had this to say in a recent Scout article -

Are you still committed to Arkansas after this visit? (in home visit from GT head coach Paul Johnson)

“I really don’t know. I like to say I am but right now Georgia Tech and Arkansas are my top two teams. Right now they are even, no team is ahead of the other one.”

I'm all for him signing with the Yellow Jackets and for us utilizing his spot for a player that will play a position of need on our team.

Yes we do....

BP want's him and so do I..True 4.45 speed is blazing fast. What did Felix run at the NFL combine? He sure seemed bazing fast didn't he. I like his videos and we need him..We disagree and so be it.

I don't think it will be devestating if we lose him..If we add one of the 4 star DL then I would be fine with him going to GT..

jackflash

He's a LA kid. Need to get everyone we can from that state this year. Would make it easier for the future. I believe we can get more prospects from La each year than say from GA. Would put my best recruiter in this state.

Carl Lazlo

We need this kid.  He has a chance to be an all america reciever at arkansas.  And make it as a pro WR.  I can invision this kid taking punts to the house.  hope he signs.

old hog

Didn't he get clocked in like a 10.4 100 m. in a track meet? That is FAST.
If Petrino wants him, so do I.

cmiller01

December 25, 2008, 08:58:07 pm #13 Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 09:09:43 pm by cmiller01
If Johnson were to waiver for GT instead of UA I think Billy Foster would be a solid replacement.

If you take a look at his highlights you'll see him lining up at the QB spot a lot. They bring a lot of the same qualities, however, I think Foster is much more elusive.

Carl Lazlo

I'll look up Foster.  To me looking at film of the commits, Johnson and Gordon seem to play extremely fast when the lights come on.  Some players have great "game speed."  I believe these two fall into that category.

DCimport

CBP wants him and he has a scholership offer.  If he fits our system according to CBP and he wants him to come here, how in the world do you say we don't need him?!?!

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: cmiller01 on December 25, 2008, 08:58:07 pm
If Johnson were to waiver for GT instead of UA I think Billy Foster would be a solid replacement.

If you take a look at his highlights you'll see him lining up at the QB spot a lot. They bring a lot of the same qualities, however, I think Foster is much more elusive.
After watching Fosters highlights, yes he'd be a suited back up if Johnson goes elsewhere.  I wouldn't say foster is much more elusive.  Probably about the same as R. Johnson. And his top end speed isn't as good as Johnsons'.  However, he might just end up being a more "complete" player and better off for us down the road. 

southeasthog

http://blogs.arkansasonline.com/recruiting/?p=1115

Michagan has now offered. Also, GT is recruiting him as a wide reciever and not a qb.

The real Hogules

Quote from: southeasthog on December 26, 2008, 11:44:25 am
http://blogs.arkansasonline.com/recruiting/?p=1115

Michagan has now offered. Also, GT is recruiting him as a wide reciever and not a qb.

How stupid would the kid have to be to ink with an option team as a WR???

I realize that even option teams do, on occasion put the football into the air, but definitely not as often as most other offensive systems.

AnthroHog

I have high expectations for Johnson if he signs with Arkansas.  It seems like he's been extremely wishy-washy with Arkansas since he "committed", but Petrino hasn't yanked the scholarship offer or given him an ultimatum.  Petrino must think that he would be a big asset to his system and really wants him.