Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cypress Creek - Cabot

Started by GolfNut57, February 13, 2018, 10:38:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

Thinking of joining the course as a member. Back in the days of when Cypress and Mt Springs were joined together as one club I was a member from 98-2005 but had to drop for various personal reasons. These days Cypress is usually one of the best conditioned and maintained courses in central AR during the season and I really like their greens.

Right now they are offering a deal where it is $129 + tax ($140+ after taxes) per month for unlimited golf Mon-Fri and cart is included. If I wanted the weekends included it would be $179+ tax per month. Seeing as I work all weekend every week obviously the Mon-Fri would be my best bet. Open play as a non member on a weekday usually runs you $40+ after taxes so it would only take playing 4 rounds a month to come out ahead on the deal.

Thought I would mention this in case any other golfers in central AR were kicking around the idea of joining a club.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dillar Dog

If I lived where you do I would join.

Jackrabbit Hog

I was a member from about 1999-2004 which, coincidentally, was the only time in my life that my golf was decent.  At the time, I thought it was the best deal in central Arkansas
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 14, 2018, 08:20:36 am
I was a member from about 1999-2004 which, coincidentally, was the only time in my life that my golf was decent.  At the time, I thought it was the best deal in central Arkansas

Back then it was a good deaL I was playing at least once every weekend then and even back then I was spending around $150 a month doing it, sometimes more. At the start I just joined the Mt. Springs side (you had that option back in 1998) for $145 after taxes a month and it included the cart and all other privileges at Mt. Springs. The pool, tennis courts, etc. You could still play at Cypress but I think you still had to pay for your cart over there. Not sure about that last part though.

Eventually I did go ahead and upgrade to the full membership to both courses but that took the rate up to $210 or so per month. Even so it was still a decent deal and I hated it when I had to drop it. Turned out it didn't matter because the courses were both shut down within another year or so.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

kingofdequeen

The pro is from DeQueen.  So it's a top shelf establishment.   

GolfNut57

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 15, 2018, 11:01:35 am
The pro is from DeQueen.  So it's a top shelf establishment.

Tommy Rutherford?

parallaxpig

Are both courses up and running. I thought one of them went under.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

GolfNut57

Quote from: parallaxpig on February 17, 2018, 06:56:10 am
Are both courses up and running. I thought one of them went under.

Both have been up and running for a good while now. Cypress re-opened first, I believe it has been 4-5 years ago now. and Mt Springs opened maybe a year later. They did have a recent event where they were closed for maybe a couple weeks? But then some of the property owners there took over by buying it themselves and reopened it.

My memory is a little foggy on the specifics but I think I am fairly close. One of the board members here, who has been absent lately lives out there I think and would know more about it.

Anyone seen Roothawg lately? I think that is his screen name. Or has he gotten good enough to join the mini-tour yet?  ;)

root_hawg

No had to have some reconstructive surgery so golf has taken a bit of a hit.

Both courses are open.  Full memberships are $180 for either.  In the $180 for the front, it does include all the range balls that you want to hit.  The front has a swimming pool and a full service restaurant as well.

GolfNut57

Quote from: root_hawg on February 19, 2018, 08:16:56 pm
No had to have some reconstructive surgery so golf has taken a bit of a hit.

Both courses are open.  Full memberships are $180 for either.  In the $180 for the front, it does include all the range balls that you want to hit.  The front has a swimming pool and a full service restaurant as well.

The $180 on the back course gets you the range balls also. Plus you get to play the "partner" courses too at a discounted rate. (Pay cart fee only)

root_hawg

Was a member for the last year, couldnt ever get a game.

GolfNut57

Quote from: root_hawg on March 13, 2018, 08:50:16 pm
Was a member for the last year, couldnt ever get a game.

In what way?

Cotton

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 13, 2018, 10:38:41 pm
Thinking of joining the course as a member. Back in the days of when Cypress and Mt Springs were joined together as one club I was a member from 98-2005 but had to drop for various personal reasons. These days Cypress is usually one of the best conditioned and maintained courses in central AR during the season and I really like their greens.

Right now they are offering a deal where it is $129 + tax ($140+ after taxes) per month for unlimited golf Mon-Fri and cart is included. If I wanted the weekends included it would be $179+ tax per month. Seeing as I work all weekend every week obviously the Mon-Fri would be my best bet. Open play as a non member on a weekday usually runs you $40+ after taxes so it would only take playing 4 rounds a month to come out ahead on the deal.

Thought I would mention this in case any other golfers in central AR were kicking around the idea of joining a club.
I'm interested in this as well.  I noticed on the website that membership included partnership at several other courses around the state. Is that the same price?

I'm trying to decide if I should just keep paying $35 a round or whatever it is now or if it would benefit me to join.

Do members get to bring guests?
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

GolfNut57

Quote from: Cotton on April 09, 2018, 04:29:58 pm
I'm interested in this as well.  I noticed on the website that membership included partnership at several other courses around the state. Is that the same price?

I'm trying to decide if I should just keep paying $35 a round or whatever it is now or if it would benefit me to join.

Do members get to bring guests?

Well, obviously it will depend on how much you would play the course but their rates went up this spring for open play. I think now it is around $41. per round after taxes weekday and $47. on weekends. But I could swear I was told awhile back that the greens fee was even higher than that ($50.+) now. Since joining at the first of March I haven't had to worry about it so I haven't asked lately.

As for as the deal with the partnership courses it is a reciprocal deal. By joining Cypress Creek, regardless if you are paying the weekends included deal ($179.+)* or just the weekday option ($129.+) all you would pay at the other courses is their cart fee, which could range anywhere from $12.-20. dollars or so. But you would have to call your home club (Cypress) and let them arrange the tee time so that they could verify your membership.
   *Also, the full membership that includes weekends also includes unlimited range balls.

As for bringing guests, Since the course is still considered semi-private of course anyone can come out to play it. If you bring a guest they would still be required to pay a regular greens fee.

One other thing about the partnership courses. The two in Eldorado are listed as partners but when I tried to call the Eldorado CC I was unable to reach them and the other course there, Mystic Creek, stated they are NOT a part of that deal.

Since I went with the weekday deal it doesn't take much effort from me to get my moneys worth out of it. 4 rounds a month and I am ahead. And obviously, since it is paid for I am playing a lot more than 4 times a month. Right now I am averaging 2 rounds per week.

One last note. If you join you must remain a member for a full year. (they are waiving the initiation fee of $500.)  And, if you opt to pay for the full 12 months upfront they will give you a 13th month at no additional cost added to your membership.

Cotton

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 09, 2018, 05:43:53 pm
Well, obviously it will depend on how much you would play the course but their rates went up this spring for open play. I think now it is around $41. per round after taxes weekday and $47. on weekends. But I could swear I was told awhile back that the greens fee was even higher than that ($50.+) now. Since joining at the first of March I haven't had to worry about it so I haven't asked lately.

As for as the deal with the partnership courses it is a reciprocal deal. By joining Cypress Creek, regardless if you are paying the weekends included deal ($179.+)* or just the weekday option ($129.+) all you would pay at the other courses is their cart fee, which could range anywhere from $12.-20. dollars or so. But you would have to call your home club (Cypress) and let them arrange the tee time so that they could verify your membership.
   *Also, the full membership that includes weekends also includes unlimited range balls.

As for bringing guests, Since the course is still considered semi-private of course anyone can come out to play it. If you bring a guest they would still be required to pay a regular greens fee.

One other thing about the partnership courses. The two in Eldorado are listed as partners but when I tried to call the Eldorado CC I was unable to reach them and the other course there, Mystic Creek, stated they are NOT a part of that deal.

Since I went with the weekday deal it doesn't take much effort from me to get my moneys worth out of it. 4 rounds a month and I am ahead. And obviously, since it is paid for I am playing a lot more than 4 times a month. Right now I am averaging 2 rounds per week.

One last note. If you join you must remain a member for a full year. (they are waiving the initiation fee of $500.)  And, if you opt to pay for the full 12 months upfront they will give you a 13th month at no additional cost added to your membership.
Thanks GN.  We've usually gone after 4 on weekends when the price drops from $48 to $33 (Still 18 holes and cart). If I didn't live 30 miles away I would definitely do the same deal you are doing. I did notice I can get a slight discount for living "Out of Area" but I'd be paying that in gas either way. The waiving of that initiation fee is huge.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

CabotHog87

Heading down from Fayetteville to visit my mom for the weekend. Playing Cypress at 1:00. Haven't been able to get out there since the fall. Looking forward to it. Definitely my "home course".

GolfNut57

Quote from: CabotHog87 on April 20, 2018, 07:51:17 am
Heading down from Fayetteville to visit my mom for the weekend. Playing Cypress at 1:00. Haven't been able to get out there since the fall. Looking forward to it. Definitely my "home course".

Well you picked a nice day for it. How'd you do?

CabotHog87

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 21, 2018, 01:02:34 am
Well you picked a nice day for it. How'd you do?

Yeah it was a beautiful day for it. I teed off at 1:00 and had no one in front of or behind me the whole round.

I shot 84. With six 3 putts....

GolfNut57

Quote from: CabotHog87 on April 21, 2018, 09:50:24 pm
Yeah it was a beautiful day for it. I teed off at 1:00 and had no one in front of or behind me the whole round.

I shot 84. With six 3 putts....

Playing from the Sr tees?  :)

Seriously though, were the greens inconsistent speed wise for you? When I played Thursday they were bad in that regard. You would have three in a row that were real slow and then the next two were slicker than owl turds.

TheJoeyBucketz

Cypress? Only white-trash rednecks play cypress! The sophisticated rednecks play the front course.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

GolfNut57

Quote from: golf2day on April 22, 2018, 01:05:59 pm
Cypress? Only white-trash rednecks play cypress! The sophisticated rednecks play the front course.

Sophisticated redneck is a major oxymoron.

Cotton

Played the front course Friday and the back course Sunday.

Green's on the front course are like concrete.

Back course was in better shape but still a little dormant giving that inconsistency. The GPS carts are super nice except on cart path only days like yesterday.  No matter which side of the hole the cart path was on, I always found a way to be on the other side.

Prefer Cypress (back course) over Graystone every day of the week.

Had a great time both outings.  Don't ask my score lol.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: golf2day on April 22, 2018, 01:05:59 pm
Bunch of pretentious douchebags on the front course... but then again it is in Cabot... 

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

root_hawg

Just my experience that golfers who want a harder challenge will play the front and if it is more relaxed then they will go to the back.

GolfNut57

Quote from: root_hawg on April 23, 2018, 08:46:09 am
Just my experience that golfers who want a harder challenge will play the front and if it is more relaxed then they will go to the back.

My opinion is coming from someone who used to be a member at both courses and at first I too preferred the front course. But over time I changed my mind on it.

The front course is only harder generally due to the narrower fairways. But on days when it is cart path only on the back course then Cypress becomes the harder course because several of the holes are optical illusions when it comes to figuring out the yardage and the club needed when you are on the side of the fairway opposite the cart path.

On #6 at Cypress, for example, I have lost count of the times I drove my ball to the left side of the fairway, eyeballed the distance from the cart path, selected what I thought was the appropriate club, and walked across to my ball, only to find that I am nowhere near the yardage I thought it was. ( of course once you discover that then you have two options. #1 is to walk back to the cart that now appears to be parked in the next county to get the right club, OR, #2, try to make what you have with you work. And option #2 usually ends up in disaster) And there are several holes at Cypress like that. It really only plays easier than the front course if you are able to drive the cart to your ball for accurate yardage readings and have the right club handy.

Quote from: Cotton on April 23, 2018, 08:18:05 am

The GPS carts are super nice except on cart path only days like yesterday.  No matter which side of the hole the cart path was on, I always found a way to be on the other side.

That happens to me a LOT!  >:(  For the record, I hate the GPS's on the carts. I have both a Bushnell scope and the Skycaddie so I don't need the GPS on the cart. Plus I hate the way it restricts where you can drive on certain holes, even when the fairway there is bone dry and perfectly safe for cart travel.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Cotton on April 23, 2018, 08:18:05 am
Played the front course Friday and the back course Sunday.

Green's on the front course are like concrete.

Been awhile since I played the front course but have been thinking of playing a round there in the next couple weeks. So the greens are like concrete? As in FAST or as in they won't hold your approach shot from anywhere beyond fifty yards?

Jim Harris

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 13, 2018, 10:38:41 pm

If I were off any two weekdays, I'd jump at that offer. I think you can get a pretty similar offer at CCA. Eagle Hill has a pretty good monthly deal as well. As it is, I brought a monthly senior card at Reb. I can get in my usual 5-6 holes on weekdays and maybe play weekends.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Cotton

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 23, 2018, 04:14:08 pm
Been awhile since I played the front course but have been thinking of playing a round there in the next couple weeks. So the greens are like concrete? As in FAST or as in they won't hold your approach shot from anywhere beyond fifty yards?
I had at least 5 approach shots bounce and roll off. Didn't look like they have been aerated yet. Still semi dormant. 

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

GolfNut57

Quote from: Cotton on April 23, 2018, 04:45:46 pm
I had at least 5 approach shots bounce and roll off. Didn't look like they have been aerated yet. Still semi dormant.

Yeah, as you saw yesterday the back course hasn't been aerated yet either. At least the greens anyway. They've been punching the fairways for a couple weeks now. Guessing that the greens will happen sometime in May.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Cotton on April 23, 2018, 08:19:00 am
Bunch of pretentious douchebags on the front course... but then again it is in Cabot...
If by pretentious you mean better than you and have the tricked-out cart and white belt to prove it, then yeah, we guilty.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 22, 2018, 02:28:29 pm
Sophisticated redneck is a major oxymoron.
Glad you were able to keep up

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 23, 2018, 04:14:08 pm
They haven't been aerated yet and they're bumpy, but they'll hold a decently struck approach shot fine. Unless you're playing rock flites and hitting 5i from 140.

Cotton

Quote from: golf2day on April 23, 2018, 06:09:10 pm
If by pretentious you mean better than you and have the tricked-out cart and white belt to prove it, then yeah, we guilty.
I don't mind yall getting hammered on Red's Apple... can you blare something other than Styx and Kid Rock though?

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Cotton on April 24, 2018, 08:21:24 am
I don't mind yall getting hammered on Red's Apple... can you blare something other than Styx and Kid Rock though?
I feel like you're stalking me.

Cotton

Quote from: golf2day on April 24, 2018, 08:53:55 am
I feel like you're stalking me.
Let me play through next time.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Cotton on April 24, 2018, 09:09:38 am
Let me play through next time.
Our 6-some is more important than you and your round. We are trying to play fast, but its hard to keep the pace up when Spotify keeps trying to play garbage and I have to turn it back to Styxx.

Cotton

Quote from: golf2day on April 24, 2018, 10:53:34 am
Our 6-some is more important than you and your round. We are trying to play fast, but its hard to keep the pace up when Spotify keeps trying to play garbage and I have to turn it back to Styxx.
Spotify, pshhh typical.  I bet you wear Crocs walking from your 07 Dodge Ram to the first tee box.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

GolfNut57

oooooo.......cat fight.......cat fight alarm.......... :D

Cotton

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 24, 2018, 01:07:40 pm
oooooo.......cat fight.......cat fight alarm.......... :D
Don't encourage him... you know how Cabot people are...

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

GolfNut57

Quote from: Cotton on April 24, 2018, 01:08:33 pm
Don't encourage him... you know how Cabot people are...

All I know about Cabot people is that they can't keep cats over there. The felines kill themselves every time trying to scratch the Cabot stench out of their fur.  ;)

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Cotton on April 24, 2018, 12:55:24 pm
Spotify, pshhh typical.  I bet you wear Crocs walking from your 07 Dodge Ram to the first tee box.
Shows what you know. All of the sophisticated rednecks live near the course and we have our own carts, so I leave the dodge at home when I play. As far as crocs go, that's more of an NWA thing. I wear flip flops until it's time to change into golf shoes.

Cotton

Quote from: golf2day on April 24, 2018, 01:46:34 pm
Shows what you know. All of the sophisticated rednecks live near the course and we have our own carts, so I leave the dodge at home when I play. As far as crocs go, that's more of an NWA thing. I wear flip flops until it's time to change into golf shoes.
FRAUD. No sophisticated redneck would waste good garage space on a golf cart.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 24, 2018, 01:11:23 pm
All I know about Cabot people is that they can't keep cats over there. The felines kill themselves every time trying to scratch the Cabot stench out of their fur.  ;)
The reason we can't keep cats around here is because of the Chinese restaurant that doubles as a driving range/putt putt course. Don't know how they do it, but that place is like Mecca for Arabs. Cats make the pilmigrage down Hwy 5 toward their place by the dozen. Haven't really seen any leaving though. Weird.

Great chicken at that Chinese joint.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Cotton on April 24, 2018, 01:48:51 pm
FRAUD. No sophisticated redneck would waste good garage space on a golf cart.
You got me. I thought playing some new country and chewing some tobacco would get me in the club. I'm not even from Cabot. I moved here from Jacksonville for the milfs (or the schools, depending on who I'm talking to).

Hell, I don't even drive a Dodge. I'm ashamed to admit that both the wife and I drive Infiniti's. I thought I had everybody fooled, but you're obviously well versed in the redneck ethos.

Cotton

Quote from: golf2day on April 24, 2018, 01:55:37 pm
I'm not even from Cabot. I moved here from Jacksonville
Well I can't fault you for that.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

GolfNut57

Quote from: golf2day on April 24, 2018, 01:49:29 pm
The reason we can't keep cats around here is because of the Chinese restaurant that doubles as a driving range/putt putt course. Don't know how they do it, but that place is like Mecca for Arabs. Cats make the pilmigrage down Hwy 5 toward their place by the dozen. Haven't really seen any leaving though. Weird.

Great chicken at that Chinese joint.

No cats around Greystone and great fried chicken at the Chinese joint? Coincidence?  :D

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 24, 2018, 03:28:15 pm
No cats around Greystone and great fried chicken at the Chinese joint? Coincidence?  :D
Hmm. I hadn't thought of that.

That's why I love cabot. It brings new meaning to so many things. "I love eating [CENSORED]" has gone from a vulgar statement that's socially unacceptable in most circles to a classy double entendre. Go Cabot!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: golf2day on April 24, 2018, 05:03:55 pm
That's why I love cabot. It brings new meaning to so many things. "I love eating [CENSORED]" has gone from a vulgar statement that's socially unacceptable in most circles to a classy double entendre. Go Cabot!

Cabot was full of [CENSORED] when I was in high school.  They were all on the football team.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 24, 2018, 05:17:09 pm
Cabot was full of [CENSORED] when I was in high school.  They were all on the football team.
Now they're being served at the Chinese joints. It's the circle of [CENSORED]. Or life. Whatever

onebadrubi

Does the big titty bartender still work the bar at the front course? 

Btw, the banter going on here was hilarious... coming from a sherwood guy