Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So Petrino lost to NC State

Started by hawgsalot, October 06, 2017, 10:34:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsalot

NC State loses to S Carolina and then turns around beats the great one with a Heisman qb.  Maybe the SEC isn't as down as some think and now I'm really looking forward to see where we stack up tomorrow.

Razorfox

You must be mistaken; Petrino doesn't lose games to teams he is ranked ahead of. 

hawgon

Quote from: hawgsalot on October 06, 2017, 10:34:45 am
NC State loses to S Carolina and then turns around beats the great one at home with a Heisman qb.  Maybe the SEC isn't as down as some think and now I'm really looking forward to see where we stack up tomorrow.

It was at NC State, but don't let that ruin a good narrative.

hawgsalot

Quote from: Razorfox on October 06, 2017, 10:37:10 am
You must be mistaken; Petrino doesn't lose games to teams he is ranked ahead of.

Maybe the score is wrong but 39-25 is getting that butt whooped at home.  That's almost as bad as S Carolina beat NC State, wow.

hawgsalot

Oh wait the game was at NC State so not as bad as I thought they got their ass kicked on the road, makes sense.

hawgsalot

Quote from: hawgon on October 06, 2017, 10:38:43 am
Noted thanks for the correction but the narrative doesn't really change does it.

The_Iceman

I guess Petrino didn't land a once in a lifetime in state recruiting class like he did at Arkansas to prop up his failures on the recruiting trail (except blondes of course).

JaketheSnake

They were #24, Louisville was #17.  Dont let that ruin your agenda.

davglo35

Actually it shoud have been much worse. NCS drove the ball into the red zone several times and came away empty. Even pulled an Arkansas and missed a field goal. NCS was plagued with penalties all night long and still won by 14.

Vantage 8 dude

Earth to hawgon: ultimately makes NO difference in the score. If you bothered to actually check out the game it really wouldn't have mattered all that much if it had been played in Louisville. Then again in your own words...."but don't let that ruin a good narrative". :-X ::)

Fan1958

Saw a narrative last night he is 0-3 against teams where his is the higher ranked. Would guess that would be referencing Louisville.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's what you meant right? According to the way some of our fellow hogvillians anyway
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hawgon

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 06, 2017, 10:46:15 am
Earth to hawgon: ultimately makes NO difference in the score. If you bothered to actually check out the game it really wouldn't have mattered all that much if it had been played in Louisville. Then again in your own words...."but don't let that ruin a good narrative". :-X ::)

I watched the game.  It was entertaining.  Two fast and athletic teams going up and down the field with quite a few exciting plays.

onebadrubi

Can someone tell me petrinos record against ranked opponents while at Louisville this second trip?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 06, 2017, 10:51:55 am
Can someone tell me petrinos record against ranked opponents while at Louisville this second trip?
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nafoom/bobby-petrino-is-now-1-9-against-ranked-teams-at-u-t61013.html

This is from nafoom.  Not sure if its accurate and I'm not planning on doing the research for this! 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgon on October 06, 2017, 10:51:15 am
I watched the game.  It was entertaining.  Two fast and athletic teams going up and down the field with quite a few exciting plays.
Well glad you actually watched. Makes your remarks/excuses it even MORE puzzling.

hawgsalot

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 06, 2017, 10:44:38 am
They were #24, Louisville was #17.  Dont let that ruin your agenda.

What agenda, did SC beat NC State or not?  Does Petrino have the reigning Heisman QB and lost or not?  It's fairly simple really.

Razorbackers

Time has passed Bobby by. He'll continue to do fine at Louisville, it's the best place for him. He was already established there when he went back. He caught lightning in a bottle here, but he would not be able to repeat it here or at any other SEC school. If he leaves UL he's a complete fool, and anyone who would hire him is a fool. His scheme isn't unique anymore, and he's got the Heisman winning QB running it, and it's not enough.

I appreciate the good times, though.

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 06, 2017, 11:08:59 am
Time has passed Bobby by. He'll continue to do fine at Louisville, it's the best place for him. He was already established there when he went back. He caught lightning in a bottle here, but he would not be able to repeat it here or at any other SEC school. If he leaves UL he's a complete fool, and anyone who would hire him is a fool. His scheme isn't unique anymore, and he's got the Heisman winning QB running it, and it's not enough.

I appreciate the good times, though.

After watching the game last night, I think Jackson is a blessing and a curse for old Bobby.  A quick thinking QB who can find targets is perfect for BPs system... Jackson is not really that, he is more of if the first option isn't open, dance around and try to make plays with my legs.
Every time he was pressured he would roll right or left and gives up 10-12 yards.  He generally makes the ground back up with his athletic ability.  But man, Bobby's system works best when his QB is going thru progressions because the way his plays are developed someone will almost always be open.  Gotta think Jackson improvises a lil too much for Bobby.
Kid puts up video game numbers though, and man can he run.   Rushing stats are way better thru six game this year vs LY.
Hard to nit-pick a Heisman winner, but I just did...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgsalot on October 06, 2017, 11:07:08 am
What agenda, did SC beat NC State or not?  Does Petrino have the reigning Heisman QB and lost or not?  It's fairly simple really.
What's fairly simple is that NC State is clearly better than Louisville and ole Bobby. Game, set, match.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hoggiedawg

Dang.  Bobby lives in a lot of your heads.  Both pro and con.  Let it go.

yraciv

NC State loses to S Carolina and then turns around beats the great one with a Heisman qb.  Maybe the SEC isn't as down as some think and now I'm really looking forward to see where we stack up tomorrow.

NC State outgained SC 504 yards to 246 on the game.  They missed a FG, had a couple fumbles, and gave up a huge return, but NC State on paper should have won that game.  It was also the first game of the year, at home, and SC had been prepping for them. So needless to say SC was about as up for that game as you could get.

jcbville

He hasnt beat a ranked team on the road.

0-7 when both teams are ranked. 0-4 when he has the higher ranked team.

greenEGnHAWGS

Y'all see the stat during last nights game that BP is 0-7 vs ranked opponents away during his tenure at Louisville.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

onebadrubi

Just going to put this out there because I've said it for a year now, Jackson did not deserve the Heisman last year... Watson was robbed.

jcbville

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 06, 2017, 11:32:46 am
Just going to put this out there because I've said it for a year now, Jackson did not deserve the Heisman last year... Watson was robbed.

ricepig

Quote from: yraciv on October 06, 2017, 11:28:04 am
NC State outgained SC 504 yards to 246 on the game.  They missed a FG, had a couple fumbles, and gave up a huge return, but NC State on paper should have won that game.  It was also the first game of the year, at home, and SC had been prepping for them. So needless to say SC was about as up for that game as you could get.

Game was in Charlotte, I'm guessing you didn't watch it, lol.

HF#1

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 06, 2017, 11:32:46 am

Watson had some so so performances during the season, now if it was given out after the NC game then yeah he should have won. If anyone got robbed, it was McCaffrey. How that dude didn't win one during his tenure is beyond me.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jabberjawls

So Petrino losing is suppose to make me feel better about the last 5 years?

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 06, 2017, 11:30:41 am
Y'all see the stat during last nights game that BP is 0-7 vs ranked opponents away during his tenure at Louisville.

What I saw on a crawler last night, after the game, was 1-9 vs ranked teams since 2014. I wondered if this conversation would make MMQB.

hawgsalot

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on October 06, 2017, 11:26:46 am
Dang.  Bobby lives in a lot of your heads.  Both pro and con.  Let it go.

Correction, this board constantly has idiots posting about BP, they certainly get what they deserve here.  He's lost 5 out of his last 9, can't beat a ranked team and some hold him in the same light as Saben.  If you can give you gotta be able to take a little.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jabberjawls on October 06, 2017, 11:49:44 am
So Petrino losing is suppose to make me feel better about the last 5 years?

No.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogs-n-Roses

Petrino is 1-9 against ranked teams over there and his D looks worse than ever.

HF#1

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 06, 2017, 11:57:00 am
Petrino is 1-9 against ranked teams over there and his D looks worse than ever.

As soon as Grantham bolted, his defense was never going to be good. Not to mention all the defensive studs Strong left behind. Also, as usual, Petrino's ego gets in the way. He has a dynamic playmaker at QB and Petrino wants to make him a pocket passer.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

MountieDawg

In 3 years at UL Petrino had a 26 -13 record, 17-7 in the ACC and a Sugar Bowl win and a Heisman Trophy winner.  CBB is a much better coach, too bad he doesn't own a motorcycle...
SEC!

Hoggish1

NCState also beat FSU.

Hoggish1

He is simply a loser.

Vantage 8 dude

One final word/thought concerning CBP: "You're dead to me". ;) 8)

870hogfan

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 06, 2017, 12:03:50 pm
In 3 years at UL Petrino had a 26 -13 record, 17-7 in the ACC and a Sugar Bowl win and a Heisman Trophy winner.  CBB is a much better coach, too bad he doesn't own a motorcycle...

When did Petrino win the Sugar Bowl?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 06, 2017, 12:03:50 pm

He didn't coach Louisville in Sugar Bowl.  He is 1-2 in bowls as 2.0. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hawgsalot on October 06, 2017, 11:54:49 am
Correction, this board constantly has idiots posting about BP, they certainly get what they deserve here.  He's lost 5 out of his last 9, can't beat a ranked team and some hold him in the same light as Saben.  If you can give you gotta be able to take a little.

This. I'm not happy about our recent losses, but the BP lovers seem to forget any of his downside.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 06, 2017, 12:22:26 pm
This. I'm not happy about our recent losses, but the BP lovers seem to forget any of his downside.
Not surprising. Unfortunate fact of human nature that so many tend to forget the past problems/issues when thinking about the "good ole days". Perhaps that's one reason we all tend to forget what we should learn and often repeat the same mistake(s) over and over.

RME

Some of y'all in here still text your ex from 5 years ago, the other half talk about your ex from 5 years ago to their current significant other.

Time to move on.

gchamblee

Athog

It was also Louisville!

Gonzo

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 06, 2017, 12:33:38 pm
Some of y'all in here still text your ex from 5 years ago, the other half talk about your ex from 5 years ago to their current significant other.

Time to move on.

Precisely what I was thinking, plus the notion that had this thread had the opposite tone it would have been gone already. So many jilted on both sides, lol.

Go Hogs!

SPAL

Petrino doesn't lose football games. It's a conspiracy by ESPN and home Depot to get back at him for leaving the falcons. That Art Blank is a crafty one.

Redhogs

Does this crap ever stop?? Only been gone 6 freaking years...guess it makes some people feel better about the buffoon we are stuck with....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?