Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

daprospecta

Adding N.Illinois back to my leans.  I will lock my plays in tonight. Let's start keeping a record guys.  I'm 0-0 right now posted here.

wholehog92

College

Taking a flyer on the dogs moneyline +235 over the other dogs. 2 units
Took hogs +120 as well for a half unit.
Navy -3.5 2 units
Mountaneers to cover 19 for 2 units
Utes to cover -10 for 1 unit.
Tide to cover -3.5 for 3 units
Rebs + 3.5 1 unit

NFL

Bears -6.5 for 1 unit
Falcons -4.5 1 unit
Jets +3 1 unit

damn I hope state surprises some folks this weekend and I hope bama doesn't surprise at least me!
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

scottagee

McKdaddy

Quote from: daprospecta on September 30, 2011, 02:32:46 pm
Don't ask me why but I think that one point might crucial in this matchup.  I think Bama wins by 3

I hope the difference in coaching experience keeps that 1pt inconsequential.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

pig pickin

What's the point of having a bankroll if your are willing to bet 50% of it on a single event?

Jon Ham

Only bet I like this weekend is Bama straight up (-190; risk $1 to win $0.53).

SPAL

September 30, 2011, 11:36:53 pm #256 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:57:04 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Big Card this weekend.

Illinois (-8 1/2) L
Syracuse (pick) L (what a collapse)
Virginia (-16 1/2)
San Jose State (+4)
Georgia (-7)  W
Virginia Tech (-7)
Wisconsin (-9 1/2)
Fresno State (-3 1/2) .
Arkansas State (-13 1/2)
Middle Tennessee State (-22 1/2)

Already 2-0 with Pitt and Utah St. Hoping for a big weekend. GL2A

Updated 1-2 so far

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Jon Ham on September 30, 2011, 09:50:04 pm
Only bet I like this weekend is Bama straight up (-190; risk $1 to win $0.53).

Is it possible to bet 1.00 to win .53. That one dollar and second is 53 cents?

I mean not meaning to be critical,  but is it worth the time and effort to put in a bet like that?
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

scottagee

I bet far fewer games for more money than most people putting picks on here.

Quote from: txkpoker on September 30, 2011, 05:41:58 pm
What's the point of having a bankroll if your are willing to bet 50% of it on a single event?

ur

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 01, 2011, 07:19:29 am

I mean not meaning to be critical,  but is it worth the time and effort to put in a bet like that?

The Hogfather

Middle Tennessee State should beat Memphis by 40.

October 01, 2011, 10:15:22 am #262 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:39:28 am by hogfanintx
1 units plays

MInn +20 1 unit
Wake -1
Toledo +8           
W Va -19
Texas tech -6.5
Hogs + 2.5 

2 unit plays

Colorado -3
Colorado ST -3.5
Baylor - 3.5
Miss ST +7
Auburn +10.5
Let's make some waves.

IBGPN

Arkansas +2.5

***2 Team Parlay:
1. Georgia Tech -4.0
2. Georgia -2.0
***2 Team Parlay:
1. Michigan -14.0
2. Arkansas +8.5

Georgia -7.0

Baylor -3.5

***2 Team Parlay:
1. Virginia -9.5
2. Michigan State +9.5
***2 Team Parlay:
1. TCU -7.0
2. Texas -3.0
***2 Team Parlay:
1. South Carolina -4.5
2. Auburn @ South Carolina: Over 56.0

Alabama -4.0

Utah -10.0

Wisconsin -10.0

Fresno State -3.5

*edit... if it says parlay its a teaser. no teaser function on that betbud app. why lines look skewed.

daprospecta

I'm going to take Washington + 10 and Arizona + 12.5. 

WILL CLINTON

5-0 on the day, these are the days u enjoy, because when it's the opposite kind, it hurts so bad.

2010-2011 record

17-9-0   Profit: $694  Bankroll: $1694
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: txkpoker on September 30, 2011, 05:41:58 pm

When that is gone, I'm done. I'm not trying to do this as a second job. It's more about the picking and finding trends, and seeing things most wouldn't that does it for me. The bankroll is a fictitious amount and I use it to place weight on my picks. If I lose enough to lose $1k, then I'm not doing something right and I drop it and pick it up next year. Usually that means I'm thinking too much or reading into things too much.

Trust me, you won't see more than 1 or 2 5* games all year. I actually think I missed one in Ole Miss today.

Jon Ham

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 01, 2011, 07:19:29 am

I wasn't saying I was in fact risking $1; I was just explaining what (-190) meant for those new to sports betting.

daprospecta

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on October 02, 2011, 02:19:38 am
5-0 on the day, these are the days u enjoy, because when it's the opposite kind, it hurts so bad.

2010-2011 record

17-9-0   Profit: $694  Bankroll: $1694

Great day for you! I went 2-0 myself. It feels really good when I had so many leans and I decide not to take them and they lose.  Makes me feel like I"m doing something right.

McKdaddy

Bama -4 was as easy as money gets. I expected that line to -7 or -8 (which Bama still would have covered easily), -4 was a no brainer.

so far today I played

lions, steelers, redskins 1 unit on each

Saints and Giants 2 units each.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Jon Ham on October 02, 2011, 07:51:28 am
I wasn't saying I was in fact risking $1; I was just explaining what (-190) meant for those new to sports betting.

LOL  okay.  Wasn't trying to sound like an ass.  Was just thinking is somebody out there actually taking the time to bet one dollar.
Let's make some waves.

yraciv

So had another killer week. Even played a 6 team parlay for the hell of it, and hit 5, damn BYU and my urge to have something down Friday. Bama was easy money, and they were bet multiple way. I usually pick 7 or 8 college games a week, and overall I was 6-2.  Got pressed for my NFL pick of the day, don't usually play, and went with the Giants. Needless to say I had a good weekend.

WILL CLINTON

October 06, 2011, 04:39:37 pm #274 Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:43:07 pm by WILL CLINTON
Sorry for the late posts, but school is getting to the point in the semester where I actually have to pay attention and do some work occasionally.

For the week, these are all I see that interest me. All the other lines seem to be right about where I think so unless there is major line shifting, I probably wont add anything else.

Penn St -3.5....1*
I don't like to count anyone out, and Joe Pa is constantly showing why he hasn't retired, because he knows football. I like Penn St at home in what may be one of the last home games for Joe Pa.

Georgia -2....2*
I'm riding the Georgia train. I thin if they had another 10 chances to beat S Carolina, they probably would 7 or 8 times. Also, this is a matter of pride for the Dawgs, they have been beat the past 2 games in Knoxville.

East Carolina +10.5....1*
Based on line movement alone, the line has shifted in East Carolina's favor, but 77% of the bets are coming in on Houston...means some big money is on ECU.

There are a few of the lines that I want to bet based on line movement alone, but im going to hold off on those for now...if the line moves more dramatically though, they may end up being added. 

swinemaster

Funny, my lock of the week is Iowa +4 @ Penn St.  I think Iowa wins by at least 7.  Penn St. is not good.  I was impressed with Iowa when they came back and beat Pitt.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: swinemaster on October 06, 2011, 04:46:51 pm
Funny, my lock of the week is Iowa +4 @ Penn St.  I think Iowa wins by at least 7.  Penn St. is not good.  I was impressed with Iowa when they came back and beat Pitt.

Well, at least one of us will be happy... haha

The public agrees with you, to the tone of 72% of the bets coming in on Iowa...

October 07, 2011, 04:59:31 pm #277 Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:03:26 pm by hogfanintx
Okay I have a special request for some.  If this does not apply to you then don't get your panties in a twist.  If it does apply to you then get it right.

I have been betting sports for over 20 yeas.  Truth be told I lost money the first 4 years or so.  I do not mean betting your buddy twenty bucks on a game.

Since that time I have done pretty well most years.  Some better than others.  In other words.  When I post a pick on here I bet it and with real money.  I know many others on here that also do.  It's not a pretend bankroll to see how well you do.

Next.  If you have time to come on each week and tell us how great your picks were then you should pop on here and occasionally post them BEFORE the games have been played.  I know sometimes I slip a bet in late and don't have time to post on here, but when that happens I generally don't mention it win or lose.

Basically unless you have a proven record of winning don't pop on here after each game to tell us how much you made picking it unless you told us you were doing it beforehand.

I am not calling people liars, but those of us that do this a lot know what percentage of people make money betting sports. 

Little story.  I have a buddy that every time he plays golf alone has the greatest round ever.  Then every time I am present he shoots 95 rather than 78.
Let's make some waves.

FYI I am playing Boise -21 tonight for 2 units.
Let's make some waves.

Polecat

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 07, 2011, 05:03:54 pm
FYI I am playing Boise -21 tonight for 2 units.

I tagged Oregon State -24 last night.
I parlayed Boise, Oklahoma and Ark State. I got the Sooners early at -9.
WPS!
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

McKdaddy

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 07, 2011, 04:59:31 pm
Okay I have a special request for some.  If this does not apply to you then don't get your panties in a twist.  If it does apply to you then get it right.

I have been betting sports for over 20 yeas.  Truth be told I lost money the first 4 years or so.  I do not mean betting your buddy twenty bucks on a game.

Since that time I have done pretty well most years.  Some better than others.  In other words.  When I post a pick on here I bet it and with real money.  I know many others on here that also do.  It's not a pretend bankroll to see how well you do.

Next.  If you have time to come on each week and tell us how great your picks were then you should pop on here and occasionally post them BEFORE the games have been played.  I know sometimes I slip a bet in late and don't have time to post on here, but when that happens I generally don't mention it win or lose.

Basically unless you have a proven record of winning don't pop on here after each game to tell us how much you made picking it unless you told us you were doing it beforehand.

I am not calling people liars, but those of us that do this a lot know what percentage of people make money betting sports. 

Little story.  I have a buddy that every time he plays golf alone has the greatest round ever.  Then every time I am present he shoots 95 rather than 78.

^^^^^

In action tomorrow I have already bet

1 Unit Games

Oklahoma -10.5
Penn ST -4
Arizona ST -3.5
Notre Dame -14
Wake Forrest +10

2 Unit Games

Pitt -7
Va Tech -7.5
Nebraska -10
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 07, 2011, 04:59:31 pm

Good post.

My bankroll on here is a fictious amount, because I don't feel anyone needs to know how much I bet or how much I start off with. I know you werent directing this at me necessairly, but I wanted to make it clear.

I learned not to pay attention to anyone that doesn't post their picks before the game and then comes on here to crow about how they went 25-1 and made $10k. 

To be honest hogfanintexas, one of the reasons I stopped trying to keep up with an overall record of this thread, was because I got tired of having to check to see if people had posted the picks before the amazing weekend they had.

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on October 07, 2011, 05:31:11 pm
Good post.

My bankroll on here is a fictious amount, because I don't feel anyone needs to know how much I bet or how much I start off with. I know you werent directing this at me necessairly, but I wanted to make it clear.

I learned not to pay attention to anyone that doesn't post their picks before the game and then comes on here to crow about how they went 25-1 and made $10k. 

To be honest hogfanintexas, one of the reasons I stopped trying to keep up with an overall record of this thread, was because I got tired of having to check to see if people had posted the picks before the amazing weekend they had.

I know exactly what you mean, and you are right my post was not directed at you.  But you see what I am saying.  I have great weeks, but I also have bad weeks.  The only people that never have bad weeks never post their picks before the games.  Then even if they admit it it is diminished. 

It is really easy to throw out picks if you aren't actually betting money.  Even easier if you wait until after the game to make your picks.
Let's make some waves.

scottagee

I probably play about 1 game for every 20 some of you do. Maybe even 1 in 30. As in I don't even have a play every week. I have had three big games this year and they have all been on here. I know you are not talking to me because I haven't talked about any results. I had LSU over Miss St., Georgia over Ole Miss and Bama over Florida all big. My only other big play I didn't say anything about was Ark/A&M over the total.

Basketball has always been my main money maker but I have learned with study and patience I can do well at football.

yraciv

My bad guys, thought this was a pick discussion thread as well.  I have posted picks many times in these threads throughout the last couple years, and have had success doing so.  Felt lucky on that Giants game and felt the urge to come post after a strong weekend.  I don't have time to get in here every week and get them down, but I'll stick to just picking from now on. Thread title is pretty self explanatory now that I relook at it. That being said...

Tennessee +2
Nebraska -11
Pitt -7
UCLA -3.5
LSU under 44.5
TX +10.5
ECU +10.5

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: scottagee on October 07, 2011, 05:44:07 pm
Basketball has always been my main money maker but I have learned with study and patience I can do well at football.

Dude, please when you start betting on basketball, post in here. I have NEVER won a basketball game I placed a bet on...

McKdaddy

WILL CLINTON

Jon Ham

Here's my picks, no research went into them. Totally gut instinct!

Auburn-Arkansas under 64

LSU-UF under 43

LSU - 14 UF

USC -21 Kentucky

OU -11 Texas

Boise State -21.5 Fresno State

Boise State-Fresno State under 60

McKdaddy

A lot of BSU love tonight....I'm going to copy you guys for -21.

Polecat

Fwiw, I don't like the under in the lsu game. They've gone over in recent weeks
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Hey seriously wasn't trying to be a butt head to anyone.  Was just pointing out how it looks at times.  Hope we all have a big week this week.
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 07, 2011, 10:01:24 pm
Hey seriously wasn't trying to be a butt head to anyone.  Was just pointing out how it looks at times.  Hope we all have a big week this week.

It needed to bs said...just rubs people the wrong way. Kind of an unwritten rule.

Otherwise, good luck to all.

McKdaddy

Jon Ham

October 07, 2011, 11:19:33 pm #295 Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:27:31 pm by Jon Ham
Quote from: Jon Ham on October 07, 2011, 06:52:33 pm
Boise State -21.5 Fresno State

Boise State-Fresno State under 60

1-1 tonight...

I had the under until Boise scored on 4th down with :17 seconds left after Fresno threw an interception to put them in good field position. Frikin' Fresno...

Also, check out this prop bet:

Will either Arkansas or Auburn score 3 unanswered times?

Yes (-380)
No (+250)

I feel like "no" would be a great bet with those odds...

I hear you on that prop bet.  Sounds like a great bet.  I know auburn scored 28 straight on us during last years game though.

Also don't forget if a team say scores a TD, and then kicks a field goal before half then get the ball back to start the second and score that counts too.

Imagine a safety counts as well.
Let's make some waves.

IBGPN

today...2 Team Teaser: 1. Georgia Tech -8. 2. Oklahoma -5 and 2 Team Teaser: 1. LSU -7 2. Arkansas -4 ghg! wps! BP edited!

i might put something on penn st -3.5 too.

McKdaddy

McKdaddy