Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 08:04:36 pm

Please Help Me Understand

Started by jimmur74, May 28, 2017, 06:10:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmur74

Look Im proud of the HOGS!!!  However..... how does gosser have the green light 2-0 in 9th with the pitcher having missed badly on the previous 2 batters and his first two. This was not good coaching. Sorry

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

onebadrubi

Quote from: jimmur74 on May 28, 2017, 06:10:41 pm
Look Im proud of the HOGS!!!  However..... how does gosser have the green light 2-0 in 9th with the pitcher having missed badly on the previous 2 batters and his first two. This was not good coaching. Sorry

Who said it was coaching decision?

RazorSax

Why even put Gosser in?

If anyone was paying attention, Arledge's last swing was 6 feet from the wall in left field. He's a senior, experienced, and gritty. Probably get more of a quality at bat 9/10 times.

Hawgphish

Quote from: jimmur74 on May 28, 2017, 06:10:41 pm
I questioned the decision to hit him in the first place.  Arledge is a gritty senior, who deserves to hit in that spot.  But DVH is the man.

onebadrubi

Quote from: RazorSax on May 28, 2017, 06:14:45 pm
Why even put Gosser in?

If anyone was paying attention, Arledge's last swing was 6 feet from the wall in left field. He's a senior, experienced, and gritty. Probably get more of a quality at bat 9/10 times.

That closer had a really good slider and arm side run fast ball.  Lefty has a better chance on those two pitches.

RazorSax

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 28, 2017, 06:16:47 pm
That closer had a really good slider and arm side run fast ball.  Lefty has a better chance on those two pitches.

That closer was off. You could tell from the first batter.

Hawgphish

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 28, 2017, 06:16:47 pm
But Gosser has not played much all year.  I have to disagree in this situation.  I think you are making too much out of righty lefty matchups.  If I had a tried and true lefty ready, OK.  But seldom used Gosser, no way.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Hawgphish on May 28, 2017, 06:16:02 pm
I questioned the decision to hit him in the first place.  Arledge is a gritty senior, who deserves to hit in that spot.  But DVH is the man.
Gosser is a lefty, you guys were scrambling to replace Arledge all together not long ago.
Do yall ever stop thinking you are smarter than the coach?

Hawgphish

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 28, 2017, 06:20:02 pm
Gosser is a lefty, you guys were scrambling to replace Arledge all together not long ago.
Do yall ever stop thinking you are smarter than the coach?
I don't think I am smarter than the coach, this is what fans do.  We are just talking baseball.  Ease up.  I love DVH.  GEEZ.

jimmur74

Removing Arledge alone was a bad decision.
Also Gosser should have been locked in to the situation and the fact that this pitcher was all over the place. The coaches should have made certain he didnt swing 2-0. If he swang through a sign oh well he wont get another shot. It was a critical out.

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 28, 2017, 06:14:19 pm
Who said it was coaching decision?