Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 32 THREAD: #10 Arkansas (25-6, 8-2 SEC) vs #13 LSU (19-11, 5-5 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 08, 2017, 02:47:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Maddhog

Well, thanks for the hard work Hicks, SPAL, Raz and ARK.   Hope they recover because tomorrow will be a tough one.   
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

kennymayne

I would encourage all of us to think twice before hitting "post" tonight.

Dr. Starcs

Didn't realize a team could choke so bad with a glove on one hand.

Lsu is in our heads.

tennesseehogwild

No excuse to not at least plate a run there. No excuse! Oh well on to the rubber game tomorrow..GHG!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

hogman64

Missouri, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, LSU... I have pretty much had it....to painful

Wisco Pig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 08, 2017, 09:52:16 pm
I'll update SEC thread tomorrow. I don't have it in me tonight

Don't blame you.   Thanks for the PBP.

Thanks, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

rhog1

This loss looked way too much like last year. We leave struggling pitchers in way to long. and that error in the 9th just killed us.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

hawgrunner

Knot2brite

Walks errors and wild pitches....those are the formula for comeback loses...got to hit better in the later innings as well...
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 08, 2017, 09:51:52 pm
Shut UP!

This is EXACTLY what happened last year that just pulled the guts out of our team. I hope and pray that THIS team has more character than that but right now that seems questionable.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

zane

That was painful to watch. Hopefully they come out fired up
tomorrow!
RIP LSUfan

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: kennymayne on April 08, 2017, 09:52:41 pm
I would encourage all of us to think twice before hitting "post" tonight.
Good post, because I am about to go postal ak "delete"
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

LumberBacks

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 08, 2017, 09:52:44 pm
Didn't realize a team could choke so bad with a glove on one hand.

Lsu is in our heads.
Textbook choke. Not sure they could do anything more to make the 9th inning worse - top and bottom.  Overall we're good, but not elite at this point.  Elite doesn't lose that game.

Ironhawg

theFlyingHog

Hope we come out hot tomorrow! Spank their butts on Sunday and keep this season going!  :razorback:

jfred59

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on April 08, 2017, 09:55:15 pm
This is EXACTLY what happened last year that just pulled the guts out of our team. I hope and pray that THIS team has more character than that but right now that seems questionable.

I thought the same thing.   For some reason LSU always pulls this on us.....One question, isnt a batter supposed to make the effort to get out of the way of a pitch?  Both LSU guys hit in the 9th just stood there and no move at all

Razorbacks#1

Thanks ARKANSAS for another fine thread, and awesome job to SPAL and JHicks for the PBP! Go HOGS! Let's get this tomorrow!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Knot2brite

Our season does not hinge on this series...lots of baseball left...but as a poster said above...we find out what this team is made of when their backs are against the wall in an important sec series when they are going to have rely on their number three pitcher and a very shaken bull pen. We have tocone out hitting against a good pitcher and dominate the day....

elkhog

Still can't get the damn LSU monkey off our back.  Unreal and frustrating game.

It all went downhill when they showed the dang video of the opossum.
GO HOGS!!!

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: jfred59 on April 08, 2017, 10:00:16 pm
I thought the same thing.   For some reason LSU always pulls this on us.....One question, isnt a batter supposed to make the effort to get out of the way of a pitch?  Both LSU guys hit in the 9th just stood there and no move at all

That is OUR guy's fault for hitting them in the first place. I would have done just what LSU did. If the other team is trying to give you the game you take it.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

We remain in a tie for 1st in the SEC Overall with Auburn and Kentucky.

Knot2brite

Honestly we have flirted with danger several times this season and came out on the positive side...there will be games like this again this year...hopefully we come out on the positive side again...we have to find some consistency in the pen...Chadwick is a very good pitcher but his best pitch is dangerous with runners on ...Loseke and Reindl and Murphy or Rogers are going to have to come through. I would say Taco but I am losing faith in him as the season goes on. I think he still has potential to be a productive part of this team but I am concerned with his lack on control

jfred59

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on April 08, 2017, 10:04:42 pm
That is OUR guy's fault for hitting them in the first place. I would have done just what LSU did. If the other team is trying to give you the game you take it.

I understand that but I have seen it called on us before.  If Cannon had at least been close to the plate a couple of more times, we might get a call but thats baseball.

TeufelHog

SEC Network already pushing the #RallyPossum crap on FaceBook with comments and a picture of it from last year.

https://www.facebook.com/SECNetwork/posts/555852204585525:0

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Scott7703

Quote from: knoxvillehog on April 08, 2017, 09:53:07 pm
Simple ground ball to the SS loss

Inability to throw strikes was the problem. Walking and hitting batters, pitching from behind. The shortstop should have made the play for sure but be game never should have been so close.

pigture perfect

That one hurts. Not the end of the world. I hate LSU. We'll get 'em tomorrow.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

SPAL

Finally getting the courage to post. This is the most heartbreaking loss I can remember being present for. It changed my entire mood. I'm just sick.

So, shout out to jhicks for carrying us through it. Great job as usual, buddy....I hope you weren't offended by my comment about giving up a home run when I turned it over to you. I hope you know that was a good natured ribbing.

ARKANSAS
....Another brilliant job with graphics. You're the best in the world.

RAZ#1....A huge shout out for keeping things in line while I was deciding if I should go play in traffic after this one.

Another job well done by the regulars here of keeping this place from melting. I can't imagine what other forums would look like.

Thanks so much to everyone involved for continuing to make EI the best of all time.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

HogFansReunited

It's my fault we lost tonight. My wife made me go to a friend's house when we were up 8-1 and it all went to hell after that.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

SPAL

Quote from: HogFansReunited on April 09, 2017, 01:46:23 am
It's my fault we lost tonight. My wife made me go to a friend's house when we were up 8-1 and it all went to hell after that.

You will be docked pay for this week and I am imposing a 3 hour ban. Go sleep off the stench of disappointment and come back in a few hours with a new mindset.

hawginbigd1

Bullpen is are biggest weakness, Biggers should make that play, but don't forget the 13
LOB, and around 13 last night. We already know the teams weakness, quit putting games in their hands. This can be wiped awAy with a win tomorrow, if not it could really shake this team.