Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What others have said about Pelphrey

Started by SpareRib, November 13, 2007, 06:36:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SpareRib

November 13, 2007, 06:36:59 pm Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 09:53:53 pm by SpareRib
Everyone seems to have high hopes for John Pelphrey with the bball Hogs.  I'm one of these.  My opinion is based primarily on what I have seen of him since he has come here - well, that and the fact that he played under Pitino and studied under Sutton and Donovan.

I thought it would be interesting to pull up some older quotes from those who have seen and worked with him.  Yep, he's impressive.  I like him as a coach and as a man. 

These may have already been posted - if so, I'll apologize in advance.

Clipped from the South Alabama Jaguars site referenced below.

http://www.usajaguars.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8300&ATCLID=521986

What others are saying about John Pelphrey

Florida head coach Billy Donovan

"John Pelphrey is a phenomenal coach, and I think people realize and respect that, but he's an even better person. He understands about developing student-athletes as people, not just as players. John sets the highest standards in values and integrity and instills these values in the young men he teaches. His work ethic and passion have made him a success at every level of basketball, from a player to an assistant to the transition to a head coach. He is building something very special at South Alabama."

University of Florida Athletics Director Jeremy Foley

"John is a man of vision, an architect, and someone who understands the process of building a program from the ground up. He connects well with people on every level. He is a man of great values, a great teacher, a great role model for the student-athletes he mentors, and has been a success everywhere he has been because of these qualities."

Louisville head coach Rick Pitino

"John Pelphrey was one of the most intelligent players that I have ever coached.  His leadership on the court has carried over to the sidelines.  As a coach, he is one of the brightest young stars in our game."

ESPN College Basketball Analyst Jimmy Dykes

"South Alabama players play the game of basketball just like their coach John Pelphrey played it when he was in college. Maximum effort, great intensity and a passion for winning that few can match. He coaches the game like he played it, understanding it is a privilege to compete at the highest level. John Pelphrey is a winner."

Former Florida Gator and current member of the NBA San Antonio Spurs Matt Bonner

"Coach Pelphrey was not only my coach, but my teacher and friend.  His experience, passion for the game, and tutelage was key in helping me get to the NBA."

Go Pel!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

USCoastGuard

pel is my little bundle of joy! wait...what?
Come back over Gus!