Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball Coaching "Decorum"

Started by Tomhog™, November 13, 2007, 09:13:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

Fans later found out that Pelphrey was being warned about stomping his foot.  Well, actually, he was being warned about where he was stomping his foot.  Stomping inside the coaching box...fine.  Outside of it...technical foul.

And that's the new world we are now apparently going to live in.  The NCAA is cracking down (or, as they say, making it a "point of emphasis") on what they are calling a lack of "decorum" by college basketball coaches.  And SEC Supervisor of Officials Gerald Boudreaux, himself a former referee, put the word out about it last month:

"If a coach is out of the box and doing the wrong thing, it's an automatic technical foul, no ifs, ands or buts about it," Boudreaux said.

PorkSoda

I'll take the technical.  Pel is fired up, I'm okay with that.  I think he is smart enough to know when to, and when not to get a T. 

As far as "decorum" goes, the one thing I can't stand is when coaches actually stand on the court.  I've actually seen some coaches standing as much as a foot inbound while everyone is playing on that side of the court.  It's like they are out there trying to throw a pick.  I could care less what the coaches do, as long as they are on the sideline, not the court.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Is it a technical if you put your foot up the Ref's a$$.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

bricklayer

Not if you do it while standing in the coaching box!