Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Around Bud Walton Arena

Started by nwa_razorback_coffee, November 09, 2007, 11:57:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwa_razorback_coffee

I know this may not be the place for this, but as my family drove down 6th St. tonight looking for a parking place, we thought we would try getting as close as we could to the arena. We took a left heading north on Eastern St. (one block west of Razorback Rd.) and near the end of that street on the right (house number is 234) there is a little old couple with a tiny frame home that parks people in their back yard for $5.

Skeptical, I passed it looking for one of the official parking lots. My wife talked me into going back. It was the most well-lighted place on the street. We were less than a block from Bud Walton Arena. Best of all, I had the satisfaction of knowing this couple (in their 80s?) just pocketed several hundred dollars from fans.

Next time you're going to the game give them a try.

234 Eastern

babywhiz

I didn't mind walking from FHS. Good way to run off all that energy comin out of the game...teehee..
Safe is boring. Sweet insanity is the voice saying "I bet we can fit one more in there."

yraciv

Thats where I parked! It was very well lit, and they don't block people in.  Plus it's back where you don't get much game traffic.

nwa_razorback_coffee

Quote from: yraciv on November 10, 2007, 12:23:32 am
Thats where I parked! It was very well lit, and they don't block people in.  Plus it's back where you don't get much game traffic.

The older gentleman that owned the home made sure everyone didn't get blocked in. And you are right--I zipped out of there and was on 6th St. and home in minutes.

jkcrunch

Of course that is gone now because this dude just blew it by letting the cat out of the bag, thanks