Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky's loss makes me think Pelphrey might be better than Gillispie

Started by taoteching, November 08, 2007, 09:11:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

taoteching

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- Billy Gillispie's second game at Kentucky turned out to be the first shocker of the college basketball season.

Gardner-Webb beat the No. 20 Wildcats 84-68 Wednesday night in the 2K Sports College Hoops Classic.

arkjay19

hogfan160

I am afraid he is better than BG, and that Kentucky will call JP home.

phadedhawg

The Hawg Marshal

Calling All Hogs

For Kentucky it was kind of like being on your honeymoon and finding out your wife is a dude.  :D

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 08, 2007, 09:41:32 pm
Yes...one game is all it takes to tell....

When UCA was giving them fits it was kinda obvious because Kentucky has 3 McDonalds AA's in the starting lineup for goodness sakes.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TDHog

The guy whose office is next to mine is a diehard UK fan.  He told me that Gillespie pretty much has a one year pass.  He said the knock on Tubby was he could never recruit shooters and the lack of shooting will be a reoccuring problem for UK.  He then said Gillespie better have it fixed next year.

kimjongsqUeAl

Was the KY/Gardner-Webb game an exhibition game?  If so, it ain't gonna matter.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

kuhog

With what Gillispie has accomplished at other programs, lends be to believe he is a pretty darn good coach. Kentucky will be a powerhouse program within a couple of years if their fan base maintains patience. Lets just hope the rest of SEC is able to keep up with them. Well, I don't care the rest of the SEC, just as long as the Hogs keep up.

jschulte

I think it is just karma... pel seems like a better guy.  Did BG's wife leave him because of his basketball or something of that nature? ha

V. V. Hawg

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on November 08, 2007, 10:35:20 pm
Was the KY/Gardner-Webb game an exhibition game?  If so, it ain't gonna matter.

Nope, it counted as a regular season game for both teams.

Gomer_Says_Hey

It was in the Coaches vs. Cancer tournament. G-W advances to NYC to play UConn in the semis.
Gardner-Webb is a D-I school. They play in the Atlantic Sun Conference. (I confess, I had to look it up.)

3pigsinafountain

Bg is a proven coach and recruiter.  Since he has been at Ky he has outrecruited everyone in the conference, it is not even close.  Ky had dead legs in that game, the intense practices and extra running caught up with them, plus the wildcats haven't found themselves as a team yet.  Hopefully with all the established players at Ar, Pel will have a better season this year, but if he was the real deal like BG, Ky would have offered him the job.

No way Ky offers Pel next year, his buyout is frontend loaded.

V. V. Hawg

The only thing we can hope for is BG does just enough to keep his job at ketucky.  If he doesn't and Pel does a good job here I will be worried.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: taoteching on November 08, 2007, 09:11:16 pm
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- Billy Gillispie's second game at Kentucky turned out to be the first shocker of the college basketball season.

Gardner-Webb beat the No. 20 Wildcats 84-68 Wednesday night in the 2K Sports College Hoops Classic.

throw away past coaching performances and look at one game...then you would be right.  Sometimes there is more to see than what's right in front of you.

Dixie Chicken

Quote from: 3pigsinafountain on November 09, 2007, 12:29:19 am
Bg is a proven coach and recruiter.  Since he has been at Ky he has outrecruited everyone in the conference, it is not even close.  Ky had dead legs in that game, the intense practices and extra running caught up with them , plus the wildcats haven't found themselves as a team yet.  Hopefully with all the established players at Ar, Pel will have a better season this year, but if he was the real deal like BG, Ky would have offered him the job.

No way Ky offers Pel next year, his buyout is frontend loaded.

They should have hired Heath when they had the chance. He would have never let that happen. Fire Billy Clyde!

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: taoteching on November 08, 2007, 09:11:16 pm

One game, get real.  What if we lose tonight? 

I have watched two Kentucky games and they are not very good at this time.  Billy has his hands full to develop this team in to a champion based on what I have watched.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: V. V. Hawg on November 09, 2007, 01:40:40 am
The only thing we can hope for is BG does just enough to keep his job at ketucky.  If he doesn't and Pel does a good job here I will be worried.

As long as they don't go after coach Pelphrey in the next 3-4 yrs and if he has established our program as once again one of the elite's....I am pretty sure they will just give one of the Asst. Coaches presently on our staff a huge boost on the pay scale to take over the reign's.....that way the recruiting, coaching etc... doesn't suffer any dropoff and their is no coaching search required.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

burt

what makes you think pelphrey is any good? his resume at powerhouse south alabama? or was it the fact that he was the seventh choice for the job. he aint going to do nothing at arkansas.

Fatty McGee

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Bama Hog™

Quote from: burt on November 09, 2007, 07:50:03 am
what makes you think pelphrey is any good? his resume at powerhouse south alabama? or was it the fact that he was the seventh choice for the job. he aint going to do nothing at arkansas.

What choo tawklin bout Burt? Why you ain't got no fafe in Pel. You uh aimin to not no no nothing about not makin no cents?
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

Korvyn

HEre is my deal. I think BG told Broyles that he would come coach at Arkansas taking that info Broyles decided to fire heath. THen BG reneged and signed with Kentucky. The Altman fiasco i won't hold against broyles but i sure want to meet up with him in a game sometime down the road. Pelphrey is about attitude and responsibility. I like that and think we got the better coach based on Character alone. Plus Our coach is still undefeated. ;P
40 Minutes of PEL

TDHog

No Burt, you are supposed to come on here and slam GM, MM, or Springdale.  Not the University Coaches.  Or is the new tactic to attack Pel to take the heat off others?

SPAL

Quote from: TDHog on November 09, 2007, 09:55:51 pm

+1...you inadvertently, (or was it ignorance of the English language) said Pel was goin to do a lot while at Arkansas....come on keith, 2 double negatives cancel each other out. Therefore you are saying....he aint goin to do nothing, so that must mean he is goin to do something.....and i agree.

TDHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 09, 2007, 10:39:34 pm
Quote from: TDHog on November 09, 2007, 09:55:51 pm

+1...you inadvertently, (or was it ignorance of the English language) said Pel was goin to do a lot while at Arkansas....come on keith, 2 double negatives cancel each other out. Therefore you are saying....he aint goin to do nothing, so that must mean he is goin to do something.....and i agree.

+1 to you for that nice catch!