Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC APR scores

Started by Al Boarland, May 10, 2017, 01:13:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 04:44:45 pm
And I am happy for the father and proud of his son, just as I am proud of mine who received his pre-med degree at UA, graduated with honors, and had acceptance to attend the top medical schools in the country.  Sorry, but if it is on a sports message board, it's free game and I still contend that as a program, UA football is mediocre on the field and 8th in total APR in the classroom within the conference!  Young men have always made the honor roll at UA while playing FB and always will but that does not separate anything BB is doing up there from anything 7 other coaches in the SEC are doing better.  It's not an insult to ANY young man, it's simply a fact and reflection of the focus of CFB programs across the country.  Again, it was posted here, on a sports message board, and I'm comparing apples with apples from a sports standpoint.
I frankly don't care whether or not you are "happy" for my son.  Anyone who belittles the academic achievements of the team spits in the face of my son and his teammates.  I feel nothing but pity for someone so ignorant.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Cinco de Hogo

Only thing I have to say about this is I simply don't believe some of those scores are legit.

Ole Miss?

Aren't they in the state that has the worst Schools in the country?  Don't a very large portion of their football player have to go to Jr colleges which is why they have so many? 

Alabama...right, do they even go to class while passing thru The program on their way to the NFL?

gchamblee

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on May 10, 2017, 06:10:28 pm
SEC Academic Honor Roll and continued APR improvements are recruiting tools. Really good ones. The kind of tools that can help a coaching staff recruit their way to bigger and better results on the field. Agree or disagree?

Made me think of Solomon Thomas

Biggus Piggus

OP is a worthless piece of trash who never adds anything useful.
[CENSORED]!

Al Boarland

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 11, 2017, 08:49:36 am
OP is a worthless piece of trash who never adds anything useful.
I provided a link to the ranking of SEC program APRs.  I consider rankings to be useful especially if they are backed with data.

Razorbackers

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 03:28:55 pm
I agree with you on all points but all of this crap is misleading at best.  The honor roll stuff is being brought up because there are still 7 SEC FB programs with a better APR!  So we are middling on the field and middling in the classroom.  What's UNCOMMON about that???!!!!!!  Time for some changes up top!

Hey.

The honor roll stuff is being brought up because kids are graduating.

Razorbackers

Quote from: RazorPiggie on May 10, 2017, 05:04:46 pm
Wellllll

This thread has turned to crap.

Easily predictable. There are some folks here who will never be happy.

rljjr

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 10, 2017, 04:08:53 pm
EIGTH! 

When you're being emphatic it pays to be right, especially when discussing academics.

GuvHog

Quote from: factchecker on May 10, 2017, 04:27:07 pm
We actually have a father of a current Razorback football player who posted on this thread.  He's pretty proud of son and his academic achievements.  That is a good father.

He should be proud of his son. Academic achievements are great things and I'm very proud to see those student athletes excelling in the classroom. Congratulations to all of them!!

What's happening on the football field is a separate issue. CBB was hired to do 3 things and he has accomplished 2 of them in spades (academics and running a clean program). He is to be highly commended for that. The 3rd part of the equation however, remains unaccomplished. Therein lies the problem. I'm greedy because I want him to accomplish all 3 parts of the equation and this just may be the year where accomplishing the 3rd part of the equation starts to come to fruition.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!