Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk Players Tribune Article

Started by wavybone, April 04, 2017, 03:48:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Hmm I wonder which agent he's signing with...  ???
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Birminghog

Anybody think he wrote that by himself?

ShadowHawg

What a moron.

He got heckled on the road by Hog fans? I don't remember them coming to play here.

This guy just continues to put his foot in his mouth with regards to Arkansas.

I take solace in the FACT that Big Blue Nation used this kid and he is too stupid to know it. He sounds brain washed.

bkjbearcat

Who would guess, can't leave comments on the column. Too bad...
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

010HogFan

He could have achieved what he wanted to here just as well as at Kentucky. Might have even made it further in the tournament. Oh well, on to the next story.

IronMountainHog

Also thanks to all you stupid idiots who paid money to my crooked brother for his basketball tournaments all the while thinking I was actually considering coming to Arkansas.

Sincerely,
Malik Punk

Pigasaurus

Just keeps thumbing his nose at us. Bye and see ya.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

ShadowHawg

I find it hilarious that he keeps referencing Archie Goodwin as a Cal great.

Goodwin dropped in the draft forecasts after playing at Kentucky and never even played in a NCAA tournament game.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 04, 2017, 04:16:18 pm

Goodwin dropped in the draft forecasts after playing at Kentucky and never even played in a NCAA tournament game.
Goodwin probably brain washed him.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

bkjbearcat

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 04, 2017, 04:16:18 pm

Third team, two trips to the D-League. Great player.

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

cityhog

PorkRinds

Yes Monk, you really are that guy that turned his back on his home state. You're everything they've said about you and more.

Razorbackers

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 04, 2017, 04:40:56 pm
Yes Monk, you really are that guy that turned his back on his home state. You're everything they've said about you and more.

It's INFURIATING how no one in the media will call him out on how he didn't graduate from Lepanto. He left them in the dust to go to Bentonville, one of the nicest schools in the state. Ugh.

GoshenHog

"Once you're one of us, you're one of us"

He got that right.  He'll always be a wildcat. 

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: 010HogFan on April 04, 2017, 04:07:29 pm
He could have achieved what he wanted to here just as well as at Kentucky. Might have even made it further in the tournament. Oh well, on to the next story.

Ding ding completely agree. What an underwhelming season. Made little to no difference. I'm glad, he was completely forgettable. Would have sucked if he did something college ball legendary, but that sure didn't happen.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

RME

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 04, 2017, 04:03:14 pm
What a moron.

He got heckled on the road by Hog fans? I don't remember them coming to play here.

This guy just continues to put his foot in his mouth with regards to Arkansas.

I take solace in the FACT that Big Blue Nation used this kid and he is too stupid to know it. He sounds brain washed.

Did he say that? He committed before his senior season of high school. I would imagine he got some heckling during away games.

Instead of blasting a kid for living his own life, maybe we should be more worried about our own peers:
"But beyond that ... it got kind of vicious. When we'd play road games, people would call me some pretty awful things. And on social media, Twitter, Instagram, whatever, people would leave me some pretty nasty messages."

That's more embarrassing that losing an in-state recruit to an Elite 8 team. You guys put more effort into a guy that spurned us over guys who actually chose to play for us.

hogsfan31

The sooner everyone moves on and forgets about Malik Monk the better. He's done with college basketball. Arkansas fans need to quit giving him the time of day no matter how bitter some of y'all are. Let him thumb his nose all he wants.

As for those who were directly involved and have legit reasons to be mad who helped support his brother, etc...all I can say is what goes around comes around.

pigture perfect

I hope he gets drafted by the Knicks T'Wolves or the Bucks. That would be justice.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ChitownHawg

There's a lot of jilted love going on here.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Breems

QuoteIt was tough. You hear something enough times, you know, and you can start to wonder if it's true. It was almost like, man ... am I turning my back on my home state? Am I all of the terrible things that they're calling me? That stuff can get in your head in a bad way.

Job well done, boys. :D
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GoshenHog on April 04, 2017, 04:58:44 pm
"Once you're one of us, you're one of us"

He got that right.  He'll always be a wildcat. 

The laughable thing about that quote is ALL schools, programs and fanbases can say that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ShadowHawg

I know a prominent doctor who is a Kentucky fan. He told me he loves the winning but hates how the fans can no longer connect with these players. They are considered Cal's guys more than Kentucky guys.

Arazorbackguy1

Love how he talks about being humble, then immediately goes on to discuss his 47 point game vs NC. Lol
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

logic

Quote from: Birminghog on April 04, 2017, 03:58:29 pm
Anybody think he wrote that by himself?
Probably no one with above average intelligence believes that.  However, it is not necessary  to be a great writer to play basketball.  He only needs physical talent and  basketball smarts.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 04, 2017, 07:37:07 pm
Love how he talks about being humble, then immediately goes on to discuss his 47 point game vs NC. Lol

Marcus probably wrote this crap thinking that it will raise maleeks Q score and help lil bro score a big shoe contract, haha. Everything around the kid seems scripted and insincere.
Hogs up! Covid down!

snoot hoggy hog

"Can you read now?" -Monk's Grandpa

hogfanshan

First time I'd ever seen the Tribune. Really good story about the guy who was hit in the head by the 105 mph baseball.

Our fans need to get off this kid's butt and get over it already. I was as disappointed as anyone when he chose Kentucky. Personally, I despise Kentucky, Cal, and Ashley Judd. But we got to let it go!

Malik spurned the U of A and made a decision that he felt was best for him.

The way in which it all went down makes me more aggravated at Marcus than anyone. He used the U of A, Mike Anderson, the players on the team, and even his own brother for personal gain.

It's difficult to separate the two for some. Though I was disappointed in Malik's decision, I have the most ill feelings toward Marcus.

Did I mention the story about the baseball head injury? It's definitely worth reading.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 04, 2017, 03:49:08 pm
Hmm I wonder which agent he's signing with...  ???

It isn't Marcus. At least right now. He is not on the NBAPA certified agents list. BUT we all know he will be giving him "guidance and advice".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

clutch

Quote from: Razorbackers on April 04, 2017, 04:50:37 pm
It's INFURIATING how no one in the media will call him out on how he didn't graduate from Lepanto. He left them in the dust to go to Bentonville, one of the nicest schools in the state. Ugh.

Why is it INFURIATING to you? It's not to anyone who lives in Lepanto. You won't hear a negative word about him or his decision in Lepanto.

PorkRinds

Quote from: clutch on May 01, 2017, 11:10:59 am
Why is it INFURIATING to you? It's not to anyone who lives in Lepanto. You won't hear a negative word about him or his decision in Lepanto.

Not true. I heard more than one negative word about him and his decision in Lepanto.

pigture perfect

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 01, 2017, 01:32:45 pm
Not true. I heard more than one negative word about him and his decision in Lepanto.
there are a few, but my friend who pastors a church in Lepanto told me he's seen at least half of his congregation has Kentucky apparel that they wear frequently because of the Monk brothers. Most were cheering for Ky over Arkansas during the SEC tourney.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PharmacistHog

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 04, 2017, 01:04:08 pm
there are a few, but my friend who pastors a church in Lepanto told me he's seen at least half of his congregation has Kentucky apparel that they wear frequently because of the Monk brothers. Most were cheering for Ky over Arkansas during the SEC tourney.

Good for Lepanto. Maybe they can build a shrine to the monks that could only be rivaled by walnut ridge's beatles memorial.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: clutch on May 01, 2017, 11:10:59 am

All 12 of them......................

PorkRinds

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 04, 2017, 01:04:08 pm

That's ok. But the "you won't hear a negative word in Lepanto" line is garbage. He turned his back on them before he turned his back on the state.

MountieDawg

Some serious racist, hate filled stuff on here when you start getting into the IQ of a kid and his family.

As to leaving Lepanto, everyone wants a better life for their family and kids, the best education and in his case to play against the best competition. How many of you live in the same house your whole life, the same community????  I am from Eastern Arkansas myself, I think its a good place to be from but raising my family in NWA compare Crittenden county is a big difference.
SEC!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: MountieDawg on May 08, 2017, 07:24:56 pm
Some serious racist, hate filled stuff on here when you start getting into the IQ of a kid and his family.

As to leaving Lepanto, everyone wants a better life for their family and kids, the best education and in his case to play against the best competition. How many of you live in the same house your whole life, the same community????  I am from Eastern Arkansas myself, I think its a good place to be from but raising my family in NWA compare Crittenden county is a big difference.

went back and read all the posts.  What did I miss?  I saw no racism. 
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

hamARchy in the USA

People who are angry should be angry that talented kids from Arkansas have to choose between being a Razorback or going elsewhere to get the most of themselves. That's on Jeff Long.