Started by jbcarol, January 27, 2013, 06:41:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

I am so tired of Henderson and his worthless punk ass attitude.  He is a joke
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Break & Run

Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 23, 2013, 12:16:36 pm
I am so tired of Henderson and his worthless punk ass attitude.  He is a joke

But I would take his shooting ability and his "mentality" any day of the week.  He's the main reason Ole Miss is in the tourney.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Stang1970

Quote from: The Mafia on March 23, 2013, 12:21:19 pm
But I would take his shooting ability and his "mentality" any day of the week.  He's the main reason Ole Miss is in the tourney.

About the only thing he does well is FTs (88.2 %)

Shoots 38% from the field and 35% from 3 pt line.  Not the most impressive stats.

McHogLovin

Quote from: Stang1970 on March 23, 2013, 06:58:43 pm

About the only thing he does well is FTs (88.2 %)

Shoots 38% from the field and 35% from 3 pt line.  Not the most impressive stats.

U do realize that 35% from 3 actually gets you more points than 50% from 2?  I wish the kid was a Hog.  My favorite player that isn't a Hog.

jbcarol

Johnny ManzielVerified account@JManziel2
.@NativeFlash22 Keep hoopin and don't listen all the BS. Keep the green light green!

https://twitter.com/JManziel2/status/315562818088882176
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Marshall Henderson works with addicts in Oxford, Miss. We were told this because Ole Miss' guard told everyone just about everything Saturday during his team's NCAA tournament off-day media availability.

Henderson also told us his probation for a 2010 forgery charge expired two months ago.

QuoteOne minute he talked proudly about an independent study course that allows him to share his "testimony" at a local addiction center in Oxford. The next he's being asked if appearing at a bar Friday afternoon wearing an attention-getting bright red "Ole Miss Rebels" hoodie -- drink of some sort in hand -- sends a conflicting message.

"Kind of, yeah," Henderson said. "It always makes me feel like a friggin' jack-a. I really just wanted to go out. I really wanted to go out and socialize with all the people here and enjoy the experience."

That, he did. The weekend of Being Marshall has included a Twitter shout-out from LeBron James as well as a Twitter war with an apparent fake account of a Kentucky player. Of course, Charles Barkley had to have this basketball ringmaster for a TV interview.

"Charles sounds very woozy," Henderson said.

Takes one to know one? The free spirit who is within two shots of the NCAA record for 3-point attempts in a season isn't about to slow down.

Henderson's take on his wild, controversial, athletically-gifted ride? It's going to continue, "as long as I'm on the front page somewhere."

The SEC office has contacted AD Ross Bjork about Henderson's conduct that has included yapping at Auburn fans, gator-chomping Florida fans and calling SEC coaches "losers."

"I've never seen a player like this personally be so much in a zone and be so emotional," Bjork said, "and take it to the next level. He talks about this: 'Hey, I've got to play with this chip on my shoulder.' "

Bjork admitted to talking to Kennedy about Henderson's conduct since "day one." Bjork also speaks fondly of the player, thanking him for the chance after the SEC tournament win earlier this week. He speaks of Henderson crying in the huddle after a couple of costly turnovers.

It should be noted that Henderson is street legal at 22. There is no conclusive proof he drank alcohol. It wasn't like Henderson was partying at midnight. The pictures were taken in the afternoon. The players were cut free after their 11:40 a.m. CT game to eat on their own.

When the Twitpics surfaced, Bjork said Henderson was summoned back to the team hotel a few blocks away.

"All I saw was a clear cup next to him, but whose was that?" Bjork said. "It wasn't like he was guzzling a beer ... As soon as those pictures were posted, we got him back to the hotel. It's just not good to be in public.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Wahls

March 26, 2013, 09:47:03 am #156 Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:59:34 am by Wahls
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but did anyone see this?

It was during a commercial break during Mike and Mike this morning. They were doing a little promo type deal for Dan LeBatard is highly questionable. I can't remember the exact quote, but he said something to the effect of:

Marshall Henderson's antics get a pass because he is white. He may have said "because of his race" instead of "white" I can't exactly remember.

I was dumbfounded, so I pulled him up on twitter, and brought up the whole thing about how Ryan Mallett is a meth dealing anti-christ while Cam Newton deserves a second chance, and he replied and asked me why I was covered in mud in my profile picture "why u so dirty" I asked why he looked at profile pictures of guys, and he blocked me.

Now he's acting like he didn't mention his race at all on his twitter. Did anyone see this?
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Wahls

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 26, 2013, 09:52:38 am
There is a lot of funny here.

There really is.

If anything, most white athletes that "act black" are treated much more harshly, so this idea that Henderson somehow gets a pass because he's white is just hilarious.

Playing the race card... and losing.
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

RxRazorback

W88 Pig S88ie!

Wahls

Quote from: RxRazorback on March 26, 2013, 10:03:30 am
Henderson is white?

He's either full blood Native American or NA and white.

RxRazorback

Quote from: Wahls on March 26, 2013, 10:05:22 am
He's either full blood Native American or NA and white.

Makes sense. His antics got old fast to me so I never really paid much attention to him. Doesn't make a difference what race he is.
W88 Pig S88ie!

pigture perfect

There IS a lot of funny here. Henderson is just a Rodman wanna be. Bomani is  Steven A. wanna be.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

nationwish

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he said Henderson gets a pass because he's not black, not that he gets one because he's white.

I guess that's worse, though, because you could say Jones believes only black people get treated harshly.

Wahls

Quote from: nationwish on March 26, 2013, 10:26:02 am
To be fair, I'm pretty sure he said Henderson gets a pass because he's not black, not that he gets one because he's white.

I guess that's worse, though, because you could say Jones believes only black people get treated harshly.

You may be right. I cannot remember exactly how he framed it, I just remember he framed it in a manner to suggest that he "gets a pass" because of his race, which in this circumstance and context is asinine.

ChemEHawg

I didn't watch the video or even try to, just read the article. Got a good chuckle out of this one at lunch time. Enjoy

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1581579-marshall-henderson-gives-fans-the-bird-after-losing-to-lasalle-video

My fav quote:

So it may be safe to say that the "sister/cocaine" bit was either a canned excuse he had ready or a mantra the goblins chant in his head-movies as he sleeps at night.

;D
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

baitshop

He'll be a hit in the Czechoslovakian League next year.....
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

pigture perfect

If you had have watched the video, you would have seen an assistant coach or GA assigned to him. As soon as he kicked the water container, the aid was runnning to keep him from doing something else. He was just a split second late keeping him from shooting birds.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

regi

He is not black (non-threatening), so in the media's eyes he is seen as harmless, just an idiot, that is why he gets the pass. That clear it up for you guys?

Hogbody

Quote from: regi on March 26, 2013, 11:21:15 am
He is not black (non-threatening), so in the media's eyes he is seen as harmless, just an idiot, that is why he gets the pass. That clear it up for you guys?

No. But he is an idiot

OLDHOG

RazorPiggie

Pig in the Pokey

he didn't do jack. omg, u peeps are some drama queens.

btw, he'll be back next year. i plan to mention cocaine a few times when Piss heads up the Hill next season.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Dropkick

He looks like he is on drugs to me............

jbcarol

ricepig

jbcarol

onebadrubi

He gets a pass because he is hitting shots.  The media actually is liking his attitude and the fact he is hitting shots, they don't mention he throws up 3 times as many as he hits though.  It goes back to winning is a cure all, unless you lie to your AD about a blonde on a motorcycle (still to early?).  Look at Johnny Manziel, if he did not win the hiesman and beat Bama last year, you think all of this off season crap would be tolerated?  NO. 

Want a comparison?  Mallett not throws the picks late in the bama game in 2010 or the pick to the DE for Ohio State and his alleged issues all of a sudden take a back burner.  It's unfortunate, but true. 

I personally think Henderson is a complete idiot!  I'd yank my son around if he were to act like that!  Making color of skin an issue gives people a cop out, no matter which way you want skew it.  Respect and sportsmanship are colorblind. 

Dropkick

MH is a DH no matter the skin tone

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dropkick on March 26, 2013, 12:01:14 pm
MH is a DH no matter the skin tone

Need help with the DH acronym...

jry04

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 26, 2013, 11:37:05 am

btw, he'll be back next year. i plan to mention cocaine a few times when Piss heads up the Hill next season.
So it is perfectly acceptable to flip off the crowd after you kick a case of water bottles across the floor? If I had to guess, nobody said anything to him. He just didn't like being booed. If this was an isolated incident nobody would care. However, he has been acting a fool all season long. The kid has found trouble, and committed questionable acts at every school he has gone to. He is a ticking time bomb.

Ole Miss will be without Holloway, Buckner, and Nick Williams next season. Something tells me they will lose quite a few games. This won't be the last time we see him blow up after a loss. He will have plenty of chances next season.

Dropkick

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 26, 2013, 12:04:06 pm
well, its not designated hitter.........

Dropkick

I will be surprised if he doesn't find more trouble this off season.

WMHawgfan

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 26, 2013, 12:04:06 pm
He is saying MH's head looks a lot like something located in the lower abdominal area of the male anatomy.

Dropkick

Quote from: WMHawgfan on March 26, 2013, 12:14:03 pm
He is saying MH's head looks a lot like something located in the lower abdominal area of the male anatomy.
well put, thank you

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Wahls on March 26, 2013, 09:47:03 am
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but did anyone see this?

It was during a commercial break during Mike and Mike this morning. They were doing a little promo type deal for Dan LeBatard is highly questionable. I can't remember the exact quote, but he said something to the effect of:

Marshall Henderson's antics get a pass because he is white. He may have said "because of his race" instead of "white" I can't exactly remember.

I was dumbfounded, so I pulled him up on twitter, and brought up the whole thing about how Ryan Mallett is a meth dealing anti-christ while Cam Newton deserves a second chance, and he replied and asked me why I was covered in mud in my profile picture "why u so dirty" I asked why he looked at profile pictures of guys, and he blocked me.

Now he's acting like he didn't mention his race at all on his twitter. Did anyone see this?

Hahaha +1

Good laugh on a boring tuesday

onebadrubi

Quote from: WMHawgfan on March 26, 2013, 12:14:03 pm

It's just been one of those kind of days at work!  haha thanks for the help! 

CDBHawg

Character.....you either have it or you don't.

tiber

I'm thinking I should consider myself lucky in that other than Mallett, I have no idea who the hell the characters being discussed here are. 

dacskc

There is probably some truth to what he said. The word "thug" is used much more frequently in predominantly black sports to describe players who act like Henderson does. Has it been used to describe players of other races? Yes, but for many people it's still a "code" word. It's not fair and I understand how these sorts of comments irk people (especially when in a perfect world things like that shouldn't have to be said), but if you've been on the receiving end of hateful comments, as I imagine many black sports reporters have been (especially early in their careers) it's probably very difficult to view this any other way. This is especially true because people tend to focus on the negative. If ten people say nice things and one person says something hateful, it's human nature to focus on the bad thing. Black people do it, white people do it...we all do it. I just tend to try to put myself in the other person's shoes and try to understand where he's coming from. I don't think what Bomani Jones said was right or wrong, per se; he just has a different perspective than some of us do and that really shouldn't bother anyone, IMO. We all tend to take things more personally than we should at times.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: tiber on March 26, 2013, 12:37:50 pm
I'm thinking I should consider myself lucky in that other than Mallett, I have no idea who the hell the characters being discussed here are. 

Bomani Jones is a nobody. 

Talking head on ESPN occasionally without a column - just a twitter feed, a podcast and youtube clips.

Educated dude, too.  Loves to mix it up racially like Jason Whitlock without either the skins on the wall or the skill.

latrops

I wasn't aware that MH was getting a pass.  Should he be punished for playing to the crowd?  I don't like his act, but I've not seen him do anything deserving of getting kicked out of a game or suspended or anything.  He flipped off the crowd after their last loss?  OK, he is a bit immature and lots of people don't like him, and some do.  Is everyone supposed to hate him?

Dogtown Donkey

There's absolutely some truth in what he says. While I wouldn't say that Henderson is completely getting a pass, the media does generally just laugh off his antics as "just Marshall being Marshall" when they would normally fry a black player. I mean, are we really going to act like they didn't roast Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens and Randy Moss over similar stuff?

Henderson is just a flash in the pan, though. We only have to put up with one more year of his crap.

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

I warned you guys about watching or listening to anything ESPN has to offer. Boycott it except for games. It will change your life.
Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

RazorPiggie

Yeah I watched the video too and didn't see him kick the bottles of water nor flip off the crowd.

/sarcasm

Blutoblutarsky

He'll be one a few years down the road that gets a bullet put between his eyes and no one will be surprised.

pigture perfect

You just want him as your cell mate don't ya? :D

pigture perfect

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on March 26, 2013, 02:09:31 pm
He'll be one a few years down the road that gets a bullet put between his eyes and no one will be surprised.
or care. Not even Ole Miss fans.

McHogLovin

Quote from: baitshop on March 26, 2013, 11:15:53 am
He'll be a hit in the Czechoslovakian League next year.....

Have you seen the women over there?  Plus they don't hassle young people for wanting to party. He'd love it.