Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let this sink in

Started by MTBrookHog, November 05, 2017, 11:12:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MTBrookHog

A lower level Sun Belt team has recruited and played four freshmen and a sophomore Offensive Line that is better than our so called SEC line

moses_007

CC's freshman offensive line whipped our defensive line the entire game.  I don't think we once got any pressure on their quarterback.

RebelliousHog

So, is it scheme or athletes?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

3Scoreand10

Quote from: HenduHog on November 05, 2017, 11:47:49 am

Coaching-----
Wrong scheme for players available, zero teaching, zero preparation.
When are the money people going to say enough.

Cambridge Hog

Don't forget the backup QB played much of the game. You would have to try hard to find a worse scenario. Maybe if they were winless..

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on November 05, 2017, 12:01:00 pm
Coaching-----
Wrong scheme for players available, zero teaching, zero preparation.
When are the money people going to say enough.
Zero teaching and zero preparation are bull.

Look folks, it is obvious Bret can't turn the tide.  He has failed at Arkansas.  But can you PLEASE stop saying stupid darn when you don't know what you are talking about?

Good grief, we have an OLineman's dad on the board who has told us about the teaching and preparation.  To say "zero teaching and zero preparation" is to flat out call him a liar.

Maybe it's a bad scheme.  Maybe it's too complex or too slow developing.  Maybe the teaching has been ineffective.  Maybe the preparation has been misguided and wrong.  We don't know.  But they teach and prepare CONSTANTLY.

Statements like this make Arkansas fans look like mouth breathing idiots.
All Gas, No Brakes!

3Scoreand10

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 05, 2017, 12:27:44 pm

Look folks, it is obvious Bret can't turn the tide.  He has failed at Arkansas.  But can you PLEASE stop saying stupid darn when you don't know what you are talking about?

Good grief, we have an OLineman's dad on the board who has told us about the teaching and preparation.  To say "zero teaching and zero preparation" is to flat out call him a liar.

Maybe it's a bad scheme.  Maybe it's too complex or too slow developing.  Maybe the teaching has been ineffective.  Maybe the preparation has been misguided and wrong.  We don't know.  But they teach and prepare CONSTANTLY.

What I saw Sat was a group of kids on defense that did not seem ready to play, nor did they seem to know what to do with those freshmen OL.
Ineffective and misguided  teaching is no teaching.
The coaches may believe they are teaching and preparing these kids but I see no evidence on the field.
It is not the kid's fault.  I never blame these kids. They deserve better. Just an average coaching staff would make them winners.  They are being deceived by an inept coaching staff.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: moses_007 on November 05, 2017, 11:14:18 am
CC's freshman offensive line whipped our defensive line the entire game.  I don't think we once got any pressure on their quarterback.

5 blocking 3.  Crap scheme. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BoynamedWooPigSooie

I abhor the way this team plays
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

buldozer

The problem is coaching and coaching decisions. Bad decisions by CBB are negating the talented players we have and that has killed the moral of the team. Bottom line, you can see the lack of effort given by some of the kids on the field and it speaks volumes about CBB and his inability to motivate his players

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 05, 2017, 12:53:11 pm
I thought one of the points of a 3-4 was a linebacker or two was going to rush and the opposing line wouldn't know where the pressure was coming from.  But that LB pressure rarely comes. Why?  I can only think of two reasons: 1. Bringing the LB exposes us to the run? 2. Bringing the LB leaves the DBs unable to stop a pass?  Both reasons scare me.

EFBAB

hawginbigd1

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on November 05, 2017, 01:53:56 pm
I thought one of the points of a 3-4 was a linebacker or two was going to rush and the opposing line wouldn't know where the pressure was coming from.  But that LB pressure rarely comes. Why?  I can only think of two reasons: 1. Bringing the LB exposes us to the run? 2. Bringing the LB leaves the DBs unable to stop a pass?  Both reasons scare me.

EFBAB
Hell, we only have 1 LB playing like a SEC LB, we have played the last 6 quarters in some hybrid mix of a 4-3 or 3-3, with Richardson playing LB/S/Nickel, and you are probably right can't bring LBs for fear of exposing our Gulf-south division 2 talented safeties. Worst part of that is apparently the people behind them are worse!

ShadowTheHedgehog

It is all coaching. It may not be the teaching and preparation but it is coaching. In particular game-time coaching.

When they fall behind early, look at CBB for guidance, and he is just standing there with his "oh fook not again" face it does not inspire confidence.

When the running game is working and the coaches decide to mainly pass the ball. When a HB is "running hot" and they put him on the bench. When they go for cute trick plays instead of getting the easy yard with smash-mouth football. The list goes on and on.

IMO the players won the last two games in spite of the bad coaching not because of the coaching.

Deep Shoat, you only teach and/or prepare if the person(s) being offered the info are grasping and understanding, otherwise, you could have zero teaching and zero preparation, not necessarily zero effort. 

The end result in this particular situation appears to zero teach and prep. 

It is sort of like my extensive posts concerning Bret and Jeff.  I have given serious effort and time, trying to teach and prepare you folks, worked very hard indeed, but most of you have not learned from my efforts, and by golly, thats showed up on the field

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 12247 on November 05, 2017, 03:47:49 pm
Deep Shoat, you only teach and/or prepare if the person(s) being offered the info are grasping and understanding, otherwise, you could have zero teaching and zero preparation, not necessarily zero effort. 

The end result in this particular situation appears to zero teach and prep. 

It is sort of like my extensive posts concerning Bret and Jeff.  I have given serious effort and time, trying to teach and prepare you folks, worked very hard indeed, but most of you have not learned from my efforts, and by golly, thats showed up on the field
What you have "taught" is bull darn.  You know NOTHINg about what happens on the practice field week after week.  You make darn up about lazy coaches and other ignorant, pot stirring takes.  You are a blind squirrel who found your nut by being a huge hater. 

But go ahead and thump your chest and act like you know something.  It's fans like you that make me hate our fan base.
All Gas, No Brakes!

3Scoreand10

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 05, 2017, 04:07:40 pm
What you have "taught" is bull darn.  You know NOTHINg about what happens on the practice field week after week.  You make darn up about lazy coaches and other ignorant, pot stirring takes.  You are a blind squirrel who found your nut by being a huge hater. 

But go ahead and thump your chest and act like you know something.  It's fans like you that make me hate our fan base.

What in your opinion is the reason we keep seeing such a poor performance on the field.
Who should take the blame?

ChicoHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 05, 2017, 12:53:11 pm
I agree it's not working but many teams use the 3-4 including bama.  Difference is Bama has NFL players all over the field while we have maybe one. 

RedRazorHog

Everything you just wrote tracks directly to poor coaching and poor preparation.   Simple fact is - and you need to get it - we DO NOT HAVE COACHES that have a clue what they are doing!
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

zebradynasty

NOBODY wants to accept it but it's the athletes. CC did that same thing everyone else has done so it's not the scheme! Same thing last season when we ran a 4-3. The scheme does play a part in it but bottom line when you put your hand in the dirt and offensive lineman puts his had in the dirt...we are simply getting whooped!! Some will say technique and that is very important but teams are not doing anything exotic against. It's time to call like it is we don't have much talent on defense.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 05, 2017, 04:35:42 pm
I agree it's not working but many teams use the 3-4 including bama.  Difference is Bama has NFL players all over the field while we have maybe one.

Bama has the front 7 personnel to play it.  We don't have the LBs especially the size in the OLBs in the run defense.  We went to it because it should help eventually against passing offenses if we can recruit the personnel to play it.  This year, we are using the 3-4 to rush 3 often and drop 8.  We played an option team yesterday.  LSU and MSU should have a lot of success running on us. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 05, 2017, 05:15:59 pm
NOBODY wants to accept it but it's the athletes. CC did that same thing everyone else has done so it's not the scheme! Same thing last season when we ran a 4-3. The scheme does play a part in it but bottom line when you put your hand in the dirt and offensive lineman puts his had in the dirt...we are simply getting whooped!! Some will say technique and that is very important but teams are not doing anything exotic against. It's time to call like it is we don't have much talent on defense.

We seem to have a lack of effort by all 11 on defense, in every play. If you watch the good teams, they have 11 guys hustling to the ball carrier on every play, we have at best, 5.

3Scoreand10

So you believe that our 3 and 4 stare defense players have less talent than CC's 4 freshmen and I Soph OL?

PonderinHog

Well, can't some of them sing, dance or play some kind of musical instrument ???  Surely they have SOME talent...

hogfan870

LOL - yeah, it's not the coaches, it is that we fans can't accept the fact that CC just has more talent than us. Do you have any clue how stupid that sounds?

Hogball58

I didn't watch the second half and on and off the first half. How did their starting qb get hurt if we got no pressure?

ShadowTheHedgehog

NOBODY wants to accept it but it's the athletes.

.... yeah the recruiting powerhouse of CC

hawg1221

The fact that a 1-7 Sunbelt team with 4 freshman and a sophomore offensive line played that well against us at home has me scratching my head more than anything else from this game. Nothing else is more mind boggling.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on November 05, 2017, 04:27:44 pm
What in your opinion is the reason we keep seeing such a poor performance on the field.
Who should take the blame?
I don't know the reason.  Neither does 12345.  Nor Bret.  But it damn sure isn't the bull crap he spews about lazy coaches and zero teaching. 

And Bret Bielema takes the blame.  He's the HC.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: RedRazorHog on November 05, 2017, 04:50:54 pm
Everything you just wrote tracks directly to poor coaching and poor preparation.   Simple fact is - and you need to get it - we DO NOT HAVE COACHES that have a clue what they are doing!
That is an absolutely, pants on head, mi llama es Corky type of opinion.  They have all been very successful in the past.  Of course they have a clue. 

But something is broken, that's for sure.  And I think it's obvious the coaches do t know how to fix it.
All Gas, No Brakes!

3Scoreand10

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 05, 2017, 05:41:44 pm
That is an absolutely, pants on head, mi llama es Corky type of opinion.  They have all been very successful in the past.  Of course they have a clue. 

But something is broken, that's for sure.  And I think it's obvious the coaches do t know how to fix it.

They may have had some success in the past.  But what happened. Maybe they were not all that good, but the competition was not as good as they were.
It seems that they do not have the skills to develop a team that has even average ability to complete in the SEC.
Sometime we need to man up and admit we have failed and then move on.
The may just admit that and move back to a place where they can be successful again.

zebradynasty

Quote from: hogfan870 on November 05, 2017, 05:26:38 pm
LOL - yeah, it's not the coaches, it is that we fans can't accept the fact that CC just has more talent than us. Do you have any clue how stupid that sounds?

Coaches don't play! For whatever reason, these so call 3-4 star recruits have not gotten any better since arriving. Now is the lack of coaching the reason why they haven't develop? Yeah, I am not disputing that. Bottom line is they are getting beat at the point of attack by everyone they play. We have not consistently stopped anyone this year except for Florida A&M (and even then wasn't overly impressive). Most of what you saw yesterday is a defense beaten and down on themselves but as far as their performance...not much different than what I saw game 1, game 2 game 3.... CC isn't necessarily more talented but the difference between us and them is not that great. Deal with it!

PonderinHog

"That guy was running for a touchdown.  I was running for my life!" - Former Alabama player, explaining how he ran down a guy much faster than him.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 05, 2017, 05:35:06 pm
The fact that a 1-7 Sunbelt team with 4 freshman and a sophomore offensive line played that well against us at home has me scratching my head more than anything else from this game. Nothing else is more mind boggling.

Mind Bottling.  Like having your mind in a bottle and you can't get it out.

hawgbawb

Hopefully our team spent last week preparing for their next SEC opponent. That might explain being flat. Even if true, that was pathetic.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Agim was a 5* and Jackson was a 4*. Both top 100 players with offers from bama. They didnt suddenly forget how to play. They got beat by 4 freshmen on a losing Sunbelt team. That is 100% on coaching. Just the latest example of players getting worse under bielema
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 05, 2017, 07:12:35 pm
Agim was a 5* and Jackson was a 4*. Both top 100 players with offers from bama. They didnt suddenly forget how to play. They got beat by 4 freshmen on a losing Sunbelt team. That is 100% on coaching. Just the latest example of players getting worse under bielema
Agim left the game early.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 05, 2017, 07:12:35 pm

So, letting someone smaller and less talented get the best of you is the coach's fault? Now, what I don't understand, if it's their job to occupy the linemen, then do that, don't leave your gap open. Truthfully, we don't have a 248lb OLB to be a run stopper, and still have some speed. We need about 4 more 4* on the defensive front 7 to compete.

Swinesong1

If it's the athletes as you say, then you're saying a newly minted Division 1 school (Coastal Carolina) has athletes equal to the Hogs. 

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 07:19:52 pm
So, letting someone smaller and less talented get the best of you is the coach's fault? Now, what I don't understand, if it's their job to occupy the linemen, then do that, don't leave your gap open. Truthfully, we don't have a 248lb OLB to be a run stopper, and still have some speed. We need about 4 more 4* on the defensive front 7 to compete.
Yes, getting bested by someone smaller and less talented is absolutely the coaches fault. It wasnt just a blip on the radar, this same thing happened against new mexico state as well. They were able to move the ball on us at will. Something isnt working. It may be the scheme or the preparation leading up to game day but I dont think its the talent level of our players. Our genius head coach decided to switch to a scheme that would completely nullify our best player on defense, Agim. Its 100% on coaching
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

UA1985

It's not that the 3-4 is worse (or better) than the 4-3. Rather, it's that he switched from one to the other in year five of his tenure! It took him four years to determine we can recruit for the 3-4 better than the 4-3??? That's idiotic.

I think he saw the writing on the wall last year and switched to the 3-4 out of sheer desperation. Possibly, he thought it would buy him an extra year if the defense showed some modicum of improvement this year.

He is a good guy, etc. But when people get paid millions of $s per year it's to do an important job, thus you should not hesitate to point out when they fail. He has failed.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 05, 2017, 07:49:04 pm
Yes, getting bested by someone smaller and less talented is absolutely the coaches fault. It wasnt just a blip on the radar, this same thing happened against new mexico state as well. They were able to move the ball on us at will. Something isnt working. It may be the scheme or the preparation leading up to game day but I dont think its the talent level of our players. Our genius head coach decided to switch to a scheme that would completely nullify our best player on defense, Agim. Its 100% on coaching

No because we get beat by smaller players, same size and larger players. We get beat running 3-4 or 4-3 the key word here is "BEAT"! CC did to our defense what nearly everyone we have played has done to it for the last 2 + years. Coaching is important but when you look up and down the line of scrimmage and we are losing almost every battle...Explain how despite changing players, schemes, and coaches the result is the same our defense is terrible. If the coaches are so bad why haven't the teams they coached at previously defense been as bad as ours?

synthartist69

Let me add to that. And, that team was 1-7 in the sunbelt. To add more misery, they were playing us at our homecoming!!!!!!!!

Youngsta71701

November 06, 2017, 10:23:10 am #42 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:17:19 am by Youngsta71701
Scheme. Hard to get pressure when you're rushing 3 against 5 all game not to mention your DB's are playing 20 yards off the Receivers. That's a recipe for no pressure and disaster. How about making it at least 5 on 5 sometimes? Then we may have a chance to get some penetration and some pressure.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 06, 2017, 10:23:10 am
Scheme. Hard to get pressure when you're rushing 3 against 5 all game not to mention your DB's are playing 20 yards off the Receivers. That's a recipe for not pressure and disaster. How about making it at least 5 on 5 sometimes? Then we may have a chance to get some penetration and some pressure.

Have you ever given thought to why the db's play 20 yards off? Could it be because they are not good enough to play press coverage? IS it possible the Hogs do not blitz because the players on the back end can't cover in those situations?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

tomw

id say it was the players...you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.=  you can coach the players to death but its up to them to put it on the field....players have to put out the effort and ive seen a number of plays where the defense didnt even try to catch the ball carrier..

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on November 06, 2017, 10:27:20 am
Have you ever given thought to why the db's play 20 yards off? Could it be because they are not good enough to play press coverage? IS it possible the Hogs do not blitz because the players on the back end can't cover in those situations?
Anybody can play press coverage as long as you have a safety or two helping over the top. That's what the safeties are for. To help. The safeties are supposed to be the ones helping not the ones covering receivers one on one. Or should I say trying to cover a receiver one on one. Once again it's not rocket science.

But to answer you question of course it's possible but there are ways you can scheme around a weakness. It's called help.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

razortrack

Did you have to go with mouth breathing?  My busted nose is offended, knuckle dragger!

Piggfoot

Quote from: hogfan870 on November 05, 2017, 05:26:38 pm
God given talent is one thing and  heart is another and brains are another. I have seen smarter players out play players with more physical ability many times.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

3of5-2

In the CC game, like most games, CBB got out coached. Whether it was practice, preparation, teaching, motivation, scheming, talent, fans, outsiders, or whatever, he gets out coached most of the time. That is an undeniable truth, and I don't care who you are, if you can't admit that, then you are an IDIOT!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 05, 2017, 05:38:32 pm
I don't know the reason.  Neither does 12345.  Nor Bret.  But it damn sure isn't the bull crap he spews about lazy coaches and zero teaching. 

And Bret Bielema takes the blame.  He's the HC.
Wait a second! You mean CBB has actually taken the blame for ANYTHING ??? :o Wasn't sure I could honestly be shocked any further; however, I must now eat my words.