Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very little love

Started by GO, March 12, 2018, 03:13:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GO

Look at the brackets by some talking heads. Only Dennis  Dodd has us winning two games. Most don't think we get past Butler

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2018-ncaa-bracket-tournament-march-madness-predictions-expert-picks-winners-upsets/

woodhog14

We don't match up well with Purdue if we do beat Butler. Purdue has good size inside and has the 2nd rated perimeter attack. We are ranked 223rd in 3 point defense. Horrible match up for us.

From Bleacher Report Feed:

No. 2 Purdue

As long as the Boilermakers navigate Cal State Fullerton—and hey, like we said earlier, assume nothing—they'll have a favorable second-round matchup. Arkansas and Butler rank 223rd and 311th, respectively, in three-point defense. Purdue and its second-rated perimeter attack can shred either program.

rhames

The 7-10 game is always a trendy pick.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

cityhog

not surprised. we've really done nothing to warrant fear from our opponents or respect from the media

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

very little love is not so bad
or very little life
what counts
is waiting on walls

Deep Shoat

Who.
Gives.
A.
Frick?

We have to actually play the game, you know?
All Gas, No Brakes!

hobhog

Quote from: cityhog on March 12, 2018, 03:38:43 pm
not surprised. we've really done nothing to warrant fear from our opponents or respect from the media

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorback1829

Nobody cares. That's why they play the games.

razorpimp

Nobody gave the Hogs a chance against UNC last year and it took a screw job for the heels to move on.

Big Nasty 34

I mean Seth Davis said he liked us to get to the Sweet 16 5 seconds after the bracket was revealed but whatever lol

Sharky

Sports journalists are always biased to the Big East because ESPN is HQ'd in CT, and plenty of others journalists live/work in those areas.

j-mann

i have us winning 3 games   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

EastexHawg

Who cares.  In four days we will know who was right.  Pundits' opinions won't change the outcome one iota.  If we're better, we'll win.  If we don't, we weren't.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 12, 2018, 10:01:56 pm
Who cares.  In four days we will know who was right.  Pundits' opinions won't change the outcome one iota.  If we're better, we'll win.  If we don't, we weren't.

Right. All Arkansas fans should be so used to not getting "love," their emotional armor is a foot thick.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

razortrack

Put your big boy pants on and play the game. Stop the whining!!

rude1

Time to play the games, the talking heads with the suits are paid to sit there and act like they know what they are talking about, only to have their brackets destroyed after the first day of games.................

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

from what i have been hearing none of the SEC teams are getting any love...some keep repeating that the SEC is a football league and its crazy they got 8.

East Coast bias is in full effect
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

RazorNick

I think we are in the easiest region of them all. Not saying it's easy, just easier than the others

Hoggish1

Quote from: GO on March 12, 2018, 03:13:37 pm
Look at the brackets by some talking heads. Only Dennis  Dodd has us winning two games. Most don't think we get past Butler

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2018-ncaa-bracket-tournament-march-madness-predictions-expert-picks-winners-upsets/

Trust your instincts not the talking heads... LOL

hogsanity

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on March 12, 2018, 10:54:32 pm
Right. All Arkansas fans should be so used to not getting "love," their emotional armor is a foot thick.

Hah hah hah. All Sunday evening was one big cry fest about how the ncaat committee ripped off the hogs, set us up to lose, etc. Their emotional armor is about as thin as cheap tissue paper.

The very 1st thing that was said about the region the Hogs are in was by Seth Davis and he said he thought the Hogs would go to the sweet 16 with wins over Butler and Purdue.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

code red

Quote from: woodhog14 on March 12, 2018, 03:19:39 pm
We don't match up well with Purdue if we do beat Butler. Purdue has good size inside and has the 2nd rated perimeter attack. We are ranked 223rd in 3 point defense. Horrible match up for us.

From Bleacher Report Feed:

No. 2 Purdue

As long as the Boilermakers navigate Cal State Fullerton—and hey, like we said earlier, assume nothing—they'll have a favorable second-round matchup. Arkansas and Butler rank 223rd and 311th, respectively, in three-point defense. Purdue and its second-rated perimeter attack can shred either program.

I have watched Purdue twice this year.  They can shoot lights out and the Haas Kid aka Dolph Lundgren will give Gafford a lesson.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

99toLife

Quote from: code red on March 13, 2018, 10:38:17 am
I have watched Purdue twice this year.  They can shoot lights out and the Haas Kid aka Dolph Lundgren will give Gafford a lesson.
I watched them 3-4 times also, and they looked tough.

kp72204

If anything, St Mary's got no love. Top 25 and is not even in the tourney. I'll take 1-5 more games.

farfromgroovins

They thought Hillary would win too

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HotlantaHog

Both Kenpom and Fivethirtyeight which use mathematical models have Butler ranked higher than Arkansas. In other words, Butler is the favorite.

I have not seen Butler played, but it looks like the NCAA did not do Arkansas any favors.

J-Five

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 12, 2018, 04:54:46 pm
whats butler done this year to give the media big reason

They beat Villanova...Villanova is a very good team.
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

hogsanity

Quote from: HotlantaHog on March 13, 2018, 10:54:59 am
Both Kenpom and Fivethirtyeight which use mathematical models have Butler ranked higher than Arkansas. In other words, Butler is the favorite.

I have not seen Butler played, but it looks like the NCAA did not do Arkansas any favors.

I saw them play twice late in the season and they looked like a 9/10 seed. They are by no means bad, but not great either. I just do not think they do the things well that the Hogs really struggle with. They are not beastly on the boards, they shoot 35% from 3. Their guards are good but, at least the 2 games I saw, I did not think they were all world or anything like that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE