Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is the atmosphere like with the staff?

Started by online-with-swine, June 25, 2012, 09:00:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

online-with-swine

June 25, 2012, 09:00:17 am Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:54:31 am by KnilesKankle
On the outside it looks like a potential area of friction if both Haynes and PP are candidates for the head job and vying for the teams support.  So, I was just curious how well the staff gets along?  Do any hard feeling exist or are they united after being put in a crappy situation by fCBP?

Fort Dweller

Quote from: KnilesKankle on June 25, 2012, 09:00:17 am
On the outside it looks like a potential area of friction if both Haynes and PP are candidates for the head job anf vying for the teams support.  So, I was just curious how well the staff gets along?  Do any hard feeling exist or are they united after being put in a crappy situation by fCBP?

I think they're more focused on the ring aspect of the season right now.  Win big and you'll land fine.  I see too much profressionalism from this staff to be petty.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Hog Fan...DOH!

So much is out of the staff's control, as far as hiring and timing.  A lot of those guys have aspirations for a HC job, and quite frankly that's what you want from your assistant coaches.  We won't know about any animosity unless we start losing. 

A few things probably help the staff keep it together.  As I recall, those guys got nice raises for this year and can get big bonuses for sticking through the season. I also think an assistant coach could make himself very marketable by steering a program through controversy and coming out with a bunch of wins.  Also, those coaches are pretty invested in the well being of their student athletes.  They're making a nice living as it is, I don't see too many personal feelings getting in the way of the job at hand.  At least not for one season. 

mhuff

Quote from: Fort Dweller on June 25, 2012, 09:13:57 am
I think they're more focused on the ring aspect of the season right now.  Win big and you'll land fine.  I see too much professionalism from this staff to be petty.

The coaches are doing a good job...all things considered. Recruiting is looking better than I thought it would. Does anyone know how many recruits we had at this time last year?

online-with-swine

Everything I have seen so far suggest that we have a very good staff in place.  I think they have handled everything fine to this point by putting focus on the team and kids and not on themselves.  I hope they keep it up b/c there will be times when the team needs them to be strong.

I'm with you mhuff.  I have been very surprised by the recruits we have pulled in with no clear picture of the future.  Imagine what could have been.....but that is past and it's time to start looking ahead.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Fort Dweller on June 25, 2012, 09:13:57 am
I think they're more focused on the ring aspect of the season right now.  Win big and you'll land fine.  I see too much profressionalism from this staff to be petty.

I agree. And like JL Smith or not, it was the right decision bringing someone in. We need the Pauls staying focused on coordinating their respective sides.

Aston Martin 8 dude

On the outside it looks like a potential area of friction if both Haynes and PP are candidates for the head job and vying for the teams support.  So, I was just curious how well the staff gets along?  Do any hard feeling exist or are they united after being put in a crappy situation by fCBP?
Staff gets along extremely well. Despite the recent turmoil with CBP the staff has missed few beats in terms of recruiting and preparing for the upcoming season. In fact, there may be even more closeness then before.

sickboy

Still mostly Nitrogen. A little oxygen in there too, but mostly just Nitrogen. I don't see that changing any time soon, either. Not in the next billion or so years.

jm

I would be surprised if they see themselves as candidates for the job right now. If we win big, John L. Smith will be kept as the head coach due to his wonderful job of keeping the staff and players together. If we lose, John L. and the most of the staff will be asked to leave quietly.

Oklahawg

Amazing. We get this far into the thread and not one sniping post.

Good job, guys!

I am very proud/pleased of the staff at this point. Common sense tells me we'd hear sooner vs later if there was a glitch. This episode seems to have rallied everyone together. Us vs the World is a useful rallying cry.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hog-O-Licious

First rule of Fight Club is – you do not talk about Fight Club.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." --Joe Theismann

14erHog

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on June 25, 2012, 12:12:52 pm
Still mostly Nitrogen. A little oxygen in there too, but mostly just Nitrogen. I don't see that changing any time soon, either. Not in the next billion or so years.

Nitrogen (N2)          780,840 ppmv (78.084%)
Oxygen (O2)           209,460 ppmv (20.946%)
Argon (Ar)                  9,340 ppmv (0.9340%)
Carbon dioxide (CO2)   394.45 ppmv (0.039445%)
Neon (Ne)                   18.18 ppmv (0.001818%)
Helium (He)                  5.24 ppmv (0.000524%)
Methane (CH4)             1.79 ppmv (0.000179%)
Krypton (Kr)                 1.14 ppmv (0.000114%)
Hydrogen (H2)              0.55 ppmv (0.000055%)
Nitrous oxide (N2O)          0.3 ppmv (0.00003%)
Carbon monoxide (CO)      0.1 ppmv (0.00001%)
Xenon (Xe)       0.09 ppmv (9×10−6%) (0.000009%)
Ozone (O3)             0.0 to 0.07 ppmv (0 to 7×10−6%)
Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)     0.02 ppmv (2×10−6%) (0.000002%)
Iodine (I2)                     0.01 ppmv (1×10−6%) (0.000001%)
Ammonia (NH3)               trace

We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

Mike_e

It had better be pretty good or they might all be disappointed come February.

The devil take the hindmost.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

McmerleHOG

Quote from: 14erHog on June 25, 2012, 05:46:44 pm
Nitrogen (N2)          780,840 ppmv (78.084%)
Oxygen (O2)           209,460 ppmv (20.946%)
Argon (Ar)                  9,340 ppmv (0.9340%)
Carbon dioxide (CO2)   394.45 ppmv (0.039445%)
Neon (Ne)                   18.18 ppmv (0.001818%)
Helium (He)                  5.24 ppmv (0.000524%)
Methane (CH4)             1.79 ppmv (0.000179%)
Krypton (Kr)                 1.14 ppmv (0.000114%)
Hydrogen (H2)              0.55 ppmv (0.000055%)
Nitrous oxide (N2O)          0.3 ppmv (0.00003%)
Carbon monoxide (CO)      0.1 ppmv (0.00001%)
Xenon (Xe)       0.09 ppmv (9×10−6%) (0.000009%)
Ozone (O3)             0.0 to 0.07 ppmv (0 to 7×10−6%)
Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)     0.02 ppmv (2×10−6%) (0.000002%)
Iodine (I2)                     0.01 ppmv (1×10−6%) (0.000001%)
Ammonia (NH3)               trace

so that's what got superman bobby...
Small is the new huge.

jackflash

I think Jeff Long will try and hire someone who will kept this staff together for at least two years. The reason I think it will be a NFL hire

RebelliousHog

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on June 25, 2012, 12:12:52 pm

LOL you beat me to it.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

PonderinHog

Quote from: HenduHog on June 26, 2012, 10:08:19 am
LOL you beat me to it.
How many years ???  Oh, nevermind.  I thought he said one million years.  Had me worried there for a minute. ;)