Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To heck with the other 60, let's talk about 4 teams in Stillwater

Started by Lake City Hog, May 25, 2015, 11:56:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake City Hog

Okie State lost to Auburn, Illinois(series), Ariz State(series), Kansas(series).
Won 2 of 3 @ TCU, swept Texas and Dallas Baptist.

ORU was swept 4 games by Dallas Baptist, lost 2 of 3 to La Tech and won 2 of 3 from Texas Tech. They did beat Memphis twice in the 1st series of the season at home.

St John's beat Creighton 3 of 4 with 2 wins coming in the conference tournament. They were swept by Oregon. And Ga Tech murdered them in a mid-week game.

jry04

Quote from: Lake City Hog on May 25, 2015, 11:56:56 am
Okie State lost to Auburn, Illinois(series), Ariz State(series), Kansas(series).
Won 2 of 3 @ TCU, swept Texas and Dallas Baptist.

ORU was swept 4 games by Dallas Baptist, lost 2 of 3 to La Tech and won 2 of 3 from Texas Tech. They did beat Memphis twice in the 1st series of the season at home.

St John's beat Creighton 3 of 4 with 2 wins coming in the conference tournament. They were swept by Oregon. And Ga Tech murdered them in a mid-week game.
ORU also beat OK ST twice this year, with ease.

We need to really hope OSU has the same respect for St. John's as the rest of the baseball analysts do, because we want no part of their ace Freeman. He averages nearly a K per inning, 100+ innings pitched and a 1.05 ERA. 8-2 on the season. .183 opponents BA.

ORU is going to be a tough team to get past. We really need Killian to show up game 1. They hit .321, and have a decent ace. You listed pretty much everyone they played of worth. They didn't have a very good schedule, but .321 is still a solid BA.

ricepig

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

BroyledNutts

Oral Roberts -
Team BA .321 (mostly 1b, 2b...37HR, 32-51 SB)
Team Fielding .966 (70E - 55gm)
Team ERA 3.10 ( Lowest Starting 2.91 )
Team pitching average 7.52 SO, 2.65 BB / game
Starting Pitchers average 5 2/3 innings (per outing)

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Kevin

tahlahog

ricepig

tahlahog

Found the cost- it is $60 per seat, too much for me and mine.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Lake City Hog

I think that I start the tourney with Killian, use a combo of Teague/Taco for game 2 and come back with McKinney in game 3. Maybe that extra day will give him time to get that hip in shape.

To me the only alternative is to start with McKinney and find out just how much he can give us. If he could give us 6 or 7 good innings and get the win we would be sitting in a pretty good spot.

ricepig

Well, I pulled the trigger, top row, or I guess row 17 is the top in the upper section. I'm not 100% sure if I'll go, as I got one coming into XNA from China on Sunday at midnight, but I figured the little one and I may try. It was going to work out better in Springfield, but Stillwater is better than the rest.

Sueie

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2015, 01:14:19 pm
$60

Where are your seats located?  For $60 tell them you want choice seats.
Also I heard that the Super Regional we are matched up with is Springfield.  The Cardinals (AA) are playing at home during that time so what do you think will happen if Missouri State hosts the Super Regional.

SPAL

Quote from: Lake City Hog on May 25, 2015, 01:58:13 pm
I think that I start the tourney with Killian, use a combo of Teague/Taco for game 2 and come back with McKinney in game 3. Maybe that extra day will give him time to get that hip in shape.

To me the only alternative is to start with McKinney and find out just how much he can give us. If he could give us 6 or 7 good innings and get the win we would be sitting in a pretty good spot.

No chance. The rotation stays the same. Killian game 1, McKinney game 2, teague and whole staff after that No matter what.

Lake City Hog

Yeah, I saw DVH's PC and he said that we would stay with Killian, McKinney and worry about game 3 when it comes.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Lake City Hog on May 25, 2015, 02:48:01 pm
Yeah, I saw DVH's PC and he said that we would stay with Killian, McKinney and worry about game 3 when it comes.
Yeah, because unlike the SEC tourney, going 2-0 in a regional is a huge advantage.  Win the first two and get to the Regional Final and worry about it from there.

ricepig

Quote from: Sueie on May 25, 2015, 02:21:32 pm
Also I heard that the Super Regional we are matched up with is Springfield.  The Cardinals (AA) are playing at home during that time so what do you think will happen if Missouri State hosts the Super Regional.

You don't tell Ticketmaster you want choice seats, I suspect these are the prices everywhere. You get potentially 7 games for $60, cheaper than Baum, lol.

ricepig

It will be at the home of the OSU regional winner, which will be the Hogs!

Sueie

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2015, 03:15:08 pm
You don't tell Ticketmaster you want choice seats, I suspect these are the prices everywhere. You get potentially 7 games for $60, cheaper than Baum, lol.

There is NOWHERE that is cheaper than Baum tickets.  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: Sueie on May 25, 2015, 03:29:11 pm
There is NOWHERE that is cheaper than Baum tickets.  ;D

Well, when we host next weekend, I'll be looking you up.

Sueie

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2015, 03:32:27 pm

SEVERAL have in the past.  But come on over.

SPAL

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2015, 03:32:27 pm

Be ready for some zingers and some epic one liners aimed at the opposing team and umpires.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2015, 03:16:29 pm
It will be at the home of the OSU regional winner, which will be the Hogs!
Have we seen anything that is definite on this? They are closed today so I can't call them to see if the other teams at Springfield put in a bid or not, surely they did. If MSU loses their regional it could go to that regional winner, right? I doubt anybody out bid us, but it could go somewhere else, right?

Also, MSU could have put a bid in to host somewhere else, I suppose.

Man, it would be great to have a super back at Baum.

ucahogfan

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 25, 2015, 03:40:13 pm
Have we seen anything that is definite on this? They are closed today so I can't call them to see if the other teams at Springfield put in a bid or not, surely they did. If MSU loses their regional it could go to that regional winner, right? I doubt anybody out bid us, but it could go somewhere else, right?

Technically it could go to the winner of the Springfield Regional if MSU doesn't win, but if we do win our regional, how can the NCAA not select us to host a Super?

ricepig

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 25, 2015, 03:40:13 pm

Nah, just what the interwebs have had today. Our beat guys are tweeting about it, but we'll see.

Maddhog

Quote from: Sueie on May 25, 2015, 03:37:31 pm
SEVERAL have in the past.  But come on over.

The best tickets I ever got came from Sueie.   Had a great time. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

ricepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 25, 2015, 03:39:24 pm
Be ready for some zingers and some epic one liners aimed at the opposing team and umpires.

I've been threatened with removal from the press box in high school by the home plate ump, I might show them a thing or two, lol.

Maddhog

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 25, 2015, 03:44:30 pm
Technically it could go to the winner of the Springfield Regional if MSU doesn't win, but if we do win our regional, how can the NCAA not select us to host a Super?

Nobody would outbid us, I'm sure.   

You guys need to stop talking about the SR until we get this regional won.  :)

I do, however, have plans for Omaha.  ;)

#WPS

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 25, 2015, 03:44:30 pm
Seems like it went to us one year when FSU thought they would get it, but we had beat the national seed or am I misremembering?

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2015, 03:46:58 pm
I've been threatened with removal from the press box in high school by the home plate ump, I might show them a thing or two, lol.

I can actually confirm this. RP gets pretty wild at these varsity games.

SPAL

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2015, 03:46:58 pm

Maybe you need to go sit with Hognoxious then.....

ricepig

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on May 25, 2015, 03:55:06 pm
I can actually confirm this. RP gets pretty wild at these varsity games.

Now you know I have a better view of the strike zone than the umps do!

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2015, 04:11:19 pm
Now you know I have a better view of the strike zone than the umps do!

I can also confirm this.

bulldog04

Okie ST has the lowest team BA in the regional.  The guy from St. John's may shut them down.

ricepig

I just hope the weather improves by Friday, it doesn't look good at the moment. I don't want to sit in Stillwater for several days.

flippinhogmana

:razorback: :)
Quote from: Maddhog on May 25, 2015, 03:51:48 pm
Nobody would outbid us, I'm sure.   

You guys need to stop talking about the SR until we get this regional won.  :)

I do, however, have plans for Omaha.  ;)

#WPS
:)

yes, ma!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 25, 2015, 03:52:20 pm
Seems like it went to us one year when FSU thought they would get it, but we had beat the national seed or am I misremembering?

It did go to us one year, but all that year did was screw up what little understanding I had of the process in the first place...
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

jry04

Tickets at Baum for the regional would be $75.00

ricepig

Quote from: jry04 on May 25, 2015, 07:50:09 pm
Tickets at Baum for the regional would be $75.00

Probably true, I figured the NCAA had a set price, but I looked up a few, Florida and FSU were $55 for the session, while Vandy is charging $120 for infield seating for the session.

Maddhog

jry04

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2015, 08:02:55 pm
Probably true, I figured the NCAA had a set price, but I looked up a few, Florida and FSU were $55 for the session, while Vandy is charging $120 for infield seating for the session.
It is true. Season ticket holders were able to reserve their seats for regionals and super regionals. It is $75 for the regional, and $35 for supers.

ricepig

Quote from: jry04 on May 25, 2015, 08:05:15 pm
It is true. Season ticket holders were able to reserve their seats for regionals and super regionals. It is $75 for the regional, and $35 for supers.

Ok, I only make it up for a series, maybe two a year, I didn't know.

flippinhogmana

TikiHog

Sueie is the man...he got me in a suite earlier this year

jbell96

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 25, 2015, 03:52:20 pm

In 2009, we beat the #7 national seed Oklahoma, but Florida State hosted because they were the #1 seed paired with OU.

In 2004, we hosted because we were the #8 national seed.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: jbell96 on May 26, 2015, 08:29:28 am
In 2009, we beat the #7 national seed Oklahoma, but Florida State hosted because they were the #1 seed paired with OU.

In 2004, we hosted because we were the #8 national seed.

My recollection was that Arkansas was right (I think except the part about Florida State maybe, I dont remember that part)...there was a year somewhere in the not to murky past (a good while ago maybe ten years by now, maybe not quite that long) that we didnt host, but wound up hosting the regional, just like we might this year...It maybe my imagination or the power of suggestion, but I think I remember it the way Arkansas did.

flippinhogmana

The record shows us hosting the super regional several times as the number one seed, however, 2006 shows the super regional being in fayetteville, but a host is not listed and we werent the number one seed in the regional that year.

jbell96

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 26, 2015, 09:32:27 am
The record shows us hosting the super regional several times as the number one seed, however, 2006 shows the super regional being in fayetteville, but a host is not listed and we werent the number one seed in the regional that year.

In 2006, we hosted as a 2, because of some major event in Stillwater made it impossible for Okie State to host since teams couldn't get hotels. Our regional that year was paired with Clemson's, and they were the #1 national seed that year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NCAA_Division_I_Baseball_Tournament