Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Happy Memorial Weekend everyone

Started by Lanny, May 24, 2015, 07:09:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Remember and give thanks for the reason for this Holiday.

God Bless America
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

LZH

hawg1221

Couldn't have said it better. Be safe and enjoy the rain.

Hawgzinbowlz

God Bless America...Remember our Military and Veterans.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Lanny on May 24, 2015, 07:09:51 am

God Bless America

Amen.
Go Hogs Go!

Steef

So much of what is good about the U.S., was paid for by the sacrifice of service men and women.

Vantage 8 dude

God Bless America
I totally agree. I would invite any of you who've never done so to visit youtube and look up the clip entitled Project Vigil:D-Day 2014; The Saluting Boy on Omaha Beach. While it's a rather lengthy video, at least by today's standards, of about 7 1/2 minutes I think as you watch the film and read the commentary that accompanies it you'll be very moved by what this boy did to commemorate the sacrifices of the men who died that June 6th (and all other times as well).

On a side note: if you're ever afforded the opportunity to visit France please NEVER EVER miss the chance to visit Normandy, particularly the D-Day beaches. The American Cemetery, overlooking Omaha Beach, is truly the "crown jewel" of the area. The loving and respectful care given to the site by both the peoples of France and the United States are truly wonderful and appropriate. Amongst the quiet acres of hundreds of headstones, numerous monuments, flowers and trees one can almost hear and feel the eternal rest of those who never left the beaches and countryside of France.  :'(

God Bless America!! Now and always!!

HogWall Jackson

God Bless America

Thanks Lanny for the reminder. We observe Memorial Day as a Tribute to those who sacrificed everything. Monday is not Bud Lite Day.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

hoglady

Please remember all of our fallen
A "Thank You" for their ultimate sacrifice and the sacrifice of their families.

A special remembrance for me - Donovan Briley of North Little Rock.
He deployed to Somalia with the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, and was killed Oct. 3, 1993 while serving with Task Force Ranger in Mogadishu.
(The mission depicted in Blackhawk Down).

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

deedster84

To my fellow soldiers visiting Fiddler's Green, I raise a toast to all of you until we meet again.

arkansasgreenhog

God Bless America

Amen.

greenie

Thank you, Lord, for this country and for the men and women who serve and have served her so well.

radar

Began my 3rd TDY 45 years ago today, with the ROK Blue Dragons in viet nam, seems like only yesterday.

Hogs-n-Roses

Thx to all the vets and wives and families of all vets. (Fife Music, remember the ole green acres stuff) Whether your servin now, spent your time in the Mai cong delta or Tet or chased Hitlers idiots cross Africa n Europe to those who fought the Japs or Koreans or any other conflict this great nation has been involved in. Thank You. My Dad was Navy, and my neighbor who passed away this year, who was infantry in support of Pattons tanks and just Damn!!! Top that please. The man had half a nose from hand to hand combat with a Nazzi youth. He had the knife used on him as a trophy sittin on his mantle along wit 2 bronz stars.This is a sad year as I won't be able to take him a burger as usual.I do not have dry eyes right now Again Thank you all!!

oldhawg

DeltaBoy

Amen and we had a nice time with Friends. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Tejano Jawg

I posted this on Facebook for my family and hometown people to see, so thought I'd post it here too. So do you think I owe my predecessors just a little?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on May 26, 2015, 01:33:06 pm
I posted this on Facebook for my family and hometown people to see, so thought I'd post it here too. So do you think I owe my predecessors just a little?

GREAT POST!