Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coca Cola 600

Started by Flying Razorback, May 22, 2015, 07:12:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

Kenseth got the pole along with a mix of Fords and Toyotas up front.  Kind of strange starting line up, especially with the Hendrick cars starting deep in the field.  I wonder if some of those cars are more set up for night conditions or why they missed their qualifying set up so bad.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

The cream will rise to the top, it always does. 

Flying Razorback

I've seen JJ spin more cars and not hut anything than any other drivers in my years watching the sport.  Crazy car control.

Flying Razorback

I know better than to put Kahne in my fantasy line up.  That guy has tanked my team more than any other.

Buff

May 24, 2015, 07:31:18 pm #4 Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:33:16 pm by Buff
Truex running strong

TheRazorback500

Is this yellow wall a new thing? I haven't noticed.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Flying Razorback

I think Charlotte has had it for a few years at least.

My fantasy team is dead in the water.  Sorry for picking you Johnson and Allgaier.

AirForceHog

What a gamble by Jr. Let's see how it plays out.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Buff

Hamlin has the lead at the right time, but Truex is coming. 

Did I just hear that Hamlin has a loose wheel?  Lol.

Buff

Who can make it and who can't?  I hate fuel mileage races but the tension at the end of these races is its own entertainment.

Buff

Best car at the end of the race finished 5th.  All Edwards did was drive slow at the right moment.

TheRazorback500

Nice win for Carl, but Truex and Jr. were definitely faster. The extra 100 miles caused some crews to change strategies and Edwards and Biffle were lucky on fuel mileage. Good side-by-side racing at times, especially on restarts.

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on May 24, 2015, 09:25:39 pm
Best car at the end of the race finished 5th.  All Edwards did was drive slow at the right moment.

Glad for Carl. He's slowly becoming one of my favorite drivers. saw him speak live at Richmond last month in a long interview at the Toyota tent. seems down to earth and really likes the fans.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on May 24, 2015, 08:33:38 pm
I think Charlotte has had it for a few years at least.

My fantasy team is dead in the water.  Sorry for picking you Johnson and Allgaier.

This year has been brutal for me in Fantasy. Been trying to save some of the few decent B drivers but each week whoever I choose finishes late teens or 20's.  :(

Buff

You poor saps should all stop picking Danica so maybe she can get a top 5 finish.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 25, 2015, 02:58:52 am
This year has been brutal for me in Fantasy. Been trying to save some of the few decent B drivers but each week whoever I choose finishes late teens or 20's.  :(

The C drivers are abysmal this year.  I just write it off.  It's a crap shoot as to which one is going to wreck out and finish p40-43.  That was Allgaier for me last night.

And who would have thought JJ48 would have spun himself twice and tore the car up completely?

Flying Razorback

I think this new multi-zone compound tire is throwing some of the crew chiefs off.  I think it has presented a wrinkle for the 4 team that Rodney Childers can't figure out yet.  He mentioned it in a post race last night as something that is messing up setups.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on May 25, 2015, 10:27:05 am

The C drivers are abysmal this year.  I just write it off.  It's a crap shoot as to which one is going to wreck out and finish p40-43.  That was Allgaier for me last night.

And who would have thought JJ48 would have spun himself twice and tore the car up completely?

Chad Knaus was at a loss on the radio after the first spin on what to do.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 25, 2015, 05:42:21 pm
Chad Knaus was at a loss on the radio after the first spin on what to do.

As a Harvick fan, I obviously want him to win as many races as he possibly can.  And obviously the rules package last year and the first few weeks of this season were right in his and Childers wheel house.  But I don't mind some changes to make the drivers and teams have to continually search for the perfect setup.  I think it's good to see the best minds in the sport like Knaus and Childers sitting there dumb founded by how to make their cars get on point. 

It's also nice that a "bad night" for Harvick where he can't "turn the car in a 10 acre field" like he was last night still has him running 2nd or 3rd on a bad run.

riccoar

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 25, 2015, 02:58:52 am
Tell me about it.  6-8 drivers in my bench were in the top10 in final practice.  Had the race finished like it should have, I would have done great.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on May 26, 2015, 08:25:22 am
Tell me about it.  6-8 drivers in my bench were in the top10 in final practice.  Had the race finished like it should have, I would have done great.

I wish thy would not have so may A drivers to choose from. Wish they would move several of them to B list. Way too many good drivers there this year.