Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New seafood store in Bentonville....

Started by Boarcephus, May 21, 2015, 05:42:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

The opened a new seafood store in the Bentonville area where you can get fresh salmon, grouper, etc.  Looking for the name of it to check and see if they carry oysters.  Had a good writeup in the paper a month or so ago but the name escapes me.  Any help would be appreciated.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hawgone

I saw one over by the old Kraft plant last week called Freash Fish Market. May
Be what you are talking about.

Boarcephus

Quote from: hawgone on May 23, 2015, 10:18:53 am
I saw one over by the old Kraft plant last week called Freash Fish Market. May
Be what you are talking about.

Went by there this morning.  Not impressed as far as what I'm looking for. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

jdelo77

It's where the old icehouse use to be in bentonville but , you might want to give it another try !
Because the owner said he keeps selling out of everything so , he's going to start ordering more !

Boarcephus

Quote from: jdelo77 on May 24, 2015, 10:24:42 am
It's where the old icehouse use to be in bentonville but , you might want to give it another try !
Because the owner said he keeps selling out of everything so , he's going to start ordering more !

I'm primarily searching for oysters and what he had on hand were extremely small.  Understand he gets them from Nova Scotia and that may be the reason for their size but if that's the case, I can beat it.   Whole Foods will open in a couple months and I'll check with them but in the meanwhile I've contacted Delta Crawfish to see if he has access to the "select" quality of oysters.

jdelo77

Yeah I don't know the oyster situation , my buddy knows him and I got that info second hand ...

PorkRinds

Boar, if oysters are indeed an aphrodisiac you  may just be the biggest horn dog on the planet!  ;D

Boarcephus

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 24, 2015, 09:26:34 pm
Boar, if oysters are indeed an aphrodisiac you  may just be the biggest horn dog on the planet!  ;D

LOL!!!  When you get a little older, anything to help the cause!   I bought 60 pounds of those things when we were in Florida week before last.   Man, I don't want to live on the coast but damn I wish I had access to the food.  I dropped a note in to Delta Crawfish to see if he can come up with the "Select" grade of oysters and waiting on his reply. 

cosmodrum

I just don't think the Atlantic oysters get as big as gulf oysters. They'd be sweeter, too, coming out of cold water.
Go away, batin'

jacobp

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 21, 2015, 05:42:23 pm
The opened a new seafood store in the Bentonville area where you can get fresh salmon, grouper, etc.  Looking for the name of it to check and see if they carry oysters.  Had a good writeup in the paper a month or so ago but the name escapes me.  Any help would be appreciated.
Blu Fresh Fish Market.

they'll have gulf oysters from time to time. But more often than not I think they're going to come from the east and west coast, so they'll be smaller. But I like them more than gulf oysters because they're not as huge.