Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anticipate the fake controversy...

Started by niels_boar, March 18, 2017, 01:24:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

niels_boar

that will be used to diminish the accomplishments of the fine young men who represent the University of Arkansas on its men's basketball team should they pull off a shocking upset against UNC in the second round of the NCAA tournament.  I'll start.

In one of the more bizarre games in NCAA tournament history the officials called zero fouls and did not let the clock stop, even at halftime.  The explanation from NCAA National Coordinator of Men's Basketball Officiating J.D. Collins:

QuoteThe officials wanted to beat the church crowd to Cracker Barrell.  This is the Bible Belt.

The coach of the North Carolina Tar Heels Roy Williams, whose #1-seeded team suffered a 33 - 28 upset in the unusually brief contest, was not satisfied with the explanation.  He tweeted:

QuoteI wanted to get there before they ran out of biscuits, too, but this is the fracking NCAA tournament.

Arkansas coach Mike Anderson refused to comment but did break out into a stirring rendition of OneRepublic's Marchin' On.

The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Hootiethehog

This was spectacularly surprising. 5 stars, would read again.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.