Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next season The Phil Knight Invitational

Started by k.c.hawg, March 18, 2017, 10:32:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

I guess I might have heard of this earlier and forgot but this tournament is loaded with as many good teams as any tournament you will ever see. It is going to be broken into two 8 team brackets and games played in two arenas in Portland Or. Two locals Portland and Portland St are in the field and then Duke, North Carolina, Gonzaga, Michigan St, Ohio St, Florida, Oregon, Butler, U Conn, Georgetown, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas and our beloved Hogs!!!
Should be able to start a resume there! Teams within conferences will be split up in the brackets so you can pretty much see how it will layout. A minimum of 2 high quality opponents and very possibly 3. Hope we are strong enough early to go get a couple of wins. Sorry if this has already been posted at some point.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

k.c.hawg

24 games in 3 days, that would be a helluva trip for a basketball junky!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

PonderinHog

Crawl, walk, run.  It's the next step in the rebuild.  Hopefully, we start seeing better non-conference matchups going forward.

Looking forward to that tournament, for sure.

Jborohog09

Hogs also host Minnesota and Colorado State and play at Houston next year, too.  Solid slate.

RaisinHog

ATLHog

Love that the HOGS logo is first (thank U alphabet). What great exposure for the team!
http://pkinvitational.com

FineAsSwine

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 18, 2017, 11:03:31 am
20 bucks says we get UNC

haha, does the NCAA tournament committee seed the teams?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: k.c.hawg on March 18, 2017, 10:32:57 am
I guess I might have heard of this earlier and forgot but this tournament is loaded with as many good teams as any tournament you will ever see. It is going to be broken into two 8 team brackets and games played in two arenas in Portland Or. Two locals Portland and Portland St are in the field and then Duke, North Carolina, Gonzaga, Michigan St, Ohio St, Florida, Oregon, Butler, U Conn, Georgetown, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas and our beloved Hogs!!!
Should be able to start a resume there! Teams within conferences will be split up in the brackets so you can pretty much see how it will layout. A minimum of 2 high quality opponents and very possibly 3. Hope we are strong enough early to go get a couple of wins. Sorry if this has already been posted at some point.
looks like we will have a much better SOS next year.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogwood

Quote from: Jborohog09 on March 18, 2017, 10:52:03 am
Hogs also host Minnesota and Colorado State and play at Houston next year, too.  Solid slate.

Nice, didn't know about CSU. Would be great to play Texas again too if we don't in the PKI.