Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kingsley/Thompson

Started by Cinco de Hogo, March 17, 2017, 04:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Can they play together at the same time?  Do we have a chance if they don't or can't?  Is changing things up for one game wise or even possible?

ShadowHawg

They have been closing out games for the last month.

Cinco de Hogo

If they are playing together to close out this game I would think we have played a whale of a game!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2017, 04:52:06 pm
If they are playing together to close out this game I would think we have played a whale of a game!

I was wondering why they weren't out there late today also.  I guess MA went with Thomas because he was hot today.

razorhog52

Thompson will need to play big minutes Sunday. UNC has some bigs.

Beaverfever

We need more from Thompson on Dunday, particularly on the boards.

Rawker

Quote from: Beaverfever on March 17, 2017, 05:37:20 pm
We need more from Thompson on Dunday, particularly on the boards.

No doubt we'll need TT to have a good game, but if we could get about that same game from DT as we got today, that's an unexpected bonus!

PonderinHog

What we need is for Dusty and Daryl to get hot from three, and get about the same production from Moses, Thomas and Barford.  That's asking a lot, but that's what it will take, our absolute best effort from everyone.

alohawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 17, 2017, 05:48:26 pm
What we need is for Dusty and Daryl to get hot from three, and get about the same production from Moses, Thomas and Barford.  That's asking a lot, but that's what it will take, our absolute best effort from everyone.

On both ends.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 17, 2017, 05:48:26 pm

If that's all we get we will lose bad.  In this game we have to do a lot better on the boards than we did today.  Hot shooting is a must but if we don't protect the defensive board better we are doomed.  We don't and we won't out rebound them but we can't let them get 2-3 shots every time and that is what will happen if Kingsley and Thompson don't give us the games of their lives.  Give us that and hot shooting might give us a good chance.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2017, 06:00:32 pm
If that's all we get we will lose bad.  In this game we have to do a lot better on the boards than we did today.  Hot shooting is a must but if we don't protect the defensive board better we are doomed.  We don't and we won't out rebound them but we can't let them get 2-3 shots every time and that is what will happen if Kingsley and Thompson don't give us the games of their lives.  Give us that and hot shooting might give us a good chance.
I guess my point is when have we been a good rebounding team?  However, we have shot well from three, which will offset their rebounding advantage.  But I'll take every rebound we can get, because we will sure need them, at both ends.

old_school_hawg

Quote from: alohawg on March 17, 2017, 05:50:36 pm
On both ends.

And for forty minutes... It's gonna be tough, but I believe!!!
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 17, 2017, 04:47:04 pm
They have been closing out games for the last month.

Thanks for making me feel like I'm not the only person actually watching the games.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on March 17, 2017, 06:31:42 pm
Thanks for making me feel like I'm not the only person actually watching the games.

I think you totally missed the point,

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 17, 2017, 06:26:10 pm
I guess my point is when have we been a good rebounding team?  However, we have shot well from three, which will offset their rebounding advantage.  But I'll take every rebound we can get, because we will sure need them, at both ends.

I understand and I know my point was the other side of the spectrum.  Since we have been hitting threes what we need to add to compete with UNC is better rebounding.   It's all relevant!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2017, 06:44:42 pm
I understand and I know my point was the other side of the spectrum.  Since we have been hitting threes what we need to add to compete with UNC is better rebounding.   It's all relevant!
Three threes ain't gonna cut it Sunday, Cinco.  We need a baker's dozen.

navyhog24

We need to make 3's but not be putting up dumb ones from NBA range like Macon and Dusty did today. They have to play smart and not take dumb shots.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2017, 06:00:32 pm

In fairness, SH is the best rebounding teams in the Big East.  They are one of the top rebounding teams in the whole country.  We typically are not a good rebounding team.  We probably should have seen this type of game coming.  Fortunately they don't shoot well and don't shoot FT well.
Retired Radio Host