Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harm done

Started by Cinco de Hogo, March 17, 2017, 04:16:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

So you that have watched and rewatched the F1 against SH and the two in our game against KY, which was the hardest or in other words hurt the opposing player the most or had the potential to cause serious harm?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2017, 04:16:04 pm
So you that have watched and rewatched the F1 against SH and the two in our game against KY, which was the hardest or in other words hurt the opposing player the most or had the potential to cause serious harm?

Harm has nothing to do with all definitions of flagrant.

Oops, sorry.

I see what you are getting at now? Definitely the SH foul could have caused more harm.

BrooklynRoss

"Hurt the opposing player" doesn't matter. There was only one F1 that wasn't a "basketball play" and that was the one against Seton Hall. Think of it this way. Moses fouled a player in the act of shooting. Dusty fouled a player while setting a screen to open up a teammate. The SH player used excessive contact on a player that was not in a scoring situation. It's like shoving someone in a dead ball situation. Always an F1.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Biggus Piggus

The one in which our player was shoved + tripped and fell on his face.
[CENSORED]!

Cinco de Hogo

You guys stupid?  The rule was put in place to prevent hard(and potentially hurting a player) fouls that could occur while in the act of committing an intentional foul.

Ok, Sorry Shadowhog, thanks for to correction.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 17, 2017, 04:24:47 pm
The one in which our player was shoved + tripped and fell on his face.

Thank you Biggus, it's hard to understand some fans disagreeing with that call while probably bashing our players for the F1's in the KY game.

oldhog63

You are comparing the calls of SEC refs with an agenda at worst and a bias at best against the guys officiating the ncaa tournament? That should be all you need to know.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: oldhog63 on March 17, 2017, 04:34:46 pm
You are comparing the calls of SEC refs with an agenda at worst and a bias at best against the guys officiating the ncaa tournament? That should be all you need to know.

I feel ya!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: oldhog63 on March 17, 2017, 04:34:46 pm

Ah, the non-existent SEC refs again.  Do you go hunting Bigfoot on the weekends?

The Boar War

Although I don't think Moses intentionally meant to hit Fox in the face there was a lot of potential for damage (eyes, teeth, etc).

PossumFan

Quote from: The Boar War on March 17, 2017, 09:06:53 pm
Although I don't think Moses intentionally meant to hit Fox in the face there was a lot of potential for damage (eyes, teeth, etc).

I agree, the Moses foul was most dangerous.

Here's what I don't get, though. The talking heads were all in favor of the F1 against Hannahs for shoving a defender in the chest and knocking him down, but were outraged by an F1 against Seton Hall for shoving an offensive player from behind and knocking him to the floor as he's driving toward he basket. Makes no sense. But as Ulysses Everett McGill said, "It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart."   

WorfHog

Well those Kentucky freshmen could use a good hit. Wipe that smug look of their faces and the slimeball coaches.

HoopS

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 17, 2017, 04:29:09 pm
Thank you Biggus, it's hard to understand some fans disagreeing with that call while probably bashing our players for the F1's in the KY game.
not if you've been hanging out around here much. We have a segment of posters who see all things in the very worst light for our team. We don't need rival fans.

Cinco de Hogo

You don't think Barfords uncontrolled dive to the floor couldn't have done serious damage to the same region?  Neither happened but the floor is harder than Moses hand are.