Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rebounding

Started by HogFoo, March 17, 2017, 03:32:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFoo

Good win for the hogs.  Rebounding was craz   Lots will point out that if we cant rebound we wont win.  But, if you go back and look at some of the best Nolan teams, or Mikes teams, none of them really were ever strong at rebounding.  Seton hall had the top rebounder in the nation and were like what the #2 rebounding team in the nation?  They obviously teach a good understanding of where balls may bounce after a miss.   It wasn't just that their players outjumped our guys for rebounds, it's like they were just in the right place at the right time almost every single time.  It reminded me of Dennis Rodman.  He was only like 6'8 and yet he lead the NBA in rebounds for a few years.  He just knew where to be on a miss.  ANd he'd get it.  Seton Hall guys would miss so badly on some shots the richochet would just take a huge bounce and then end up right in the hands of a SH player.  It was like it did that every single time.  We did narrow the gap by the end of the game but still got outrebounded by like 14+     Had SH not rebounded as well as they did and got all those second chance putbacks, we would have blowed them out!   Seriously, this would have been a 20pt victory.  But, as they say, a win is a win.  I'll take it.  I just hope we can do it sunday against UNC.  I don't expect UNC to outrebound us quite nearly as bad because I don't expect UNC to throw up such bricks that they bounce so wildly off the rims and out towards their players waiting on the perimeter.  haha..   I expect them to be near misses which just roll off easy and are easily grabbed by our guys.     Anyways, good win.  Lets get another sunday!   Go Hogs!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Jackrabbit Hog

Nevertheless, if we are to hang with NC, we MUST rebound better than we did today, especially on our defensive end.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Biggus Piggus

Must get a better combination of rebounding and defensive pressure. Didn't force enough turnovers to compensate for all the offensive rebounds allowed. We'll have zero prayer against North Carolina without improving that formula.

AND we need outside shooting.
[CENSORED]!

WorfHog

Well Delgado was the best rebounder in the country this year. I knew we'd struggle, but we were able to turn them over enough to even it out. I agree we have to do better, but that dude was one of the best. 

NEA_HogFan

On a lot of those offensive rebounds kingsley was no where to be found. They did a good job of drawing our big men out of the paint. Hannah's, Barford, Thomas etc are not going to win a rebounding battle with Delgado.

upperdeck_hawg

Cut those offfensive rebounds in half and we win comfortably without the drama at the end
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

ShadowHawg

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 17, 2017, 11:41:44 pm
Cut those offfensive rebounds in half and we win comfortably without the drama at the end

I will let you keep all the rebounds and give you our missed layups in transition and we win comfortably.

You don't get points for rebounds. With all there rebounds they managed less than point per offensive rebound.

They were the best offensive rebounding team in the nation for a reason.