Previous topic - Next topic

Was it a flagrant foul? POLL

Flagrant
176 (88.4%)
No
23 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 198

PeytonManningSUCKS

I thought so, he two hand shoved him from behind with no play on the ball.

TNhawgfan

If it was called against us I'd be pissed
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

SoonerSooie

There was no play on the ball-- none. It was a two handed push in the back-- flagrant.

Bigmac2

Correct call regardless. Just thankful this was not a SEC officiating crew.

31to6

Quote from: RanSolo on March 17, 2017, 02:47:32 pm
Under the current rules, yes. No play on the ball.

I don't like the call, even with the (clearly accidental) trip, but the call is correct.

If Moses missing an aggressive block is an F2, then pushing a guy from behind is an F1.

HoopS

Yes

Learn the rules guys.

RagingHawgOn

Nosboar Accubond

All he had to do was swipe at the ball and he would have been ok. A shove in the back is a flagrant

PonderinHog

Shoved in the back!  Barford sold it, too!

Announcers calling it the right call.

jjdlc

The trip wasn't a big deal, but he extended his arms, pushing Barford, that was the issue.  Had he not extended, it would have been a normal foul.

HogFoo

By rule the guy has to make a play on the ball or its Flagrant because he made no play.  Then he just pushed Barford down with two hands.   It's amazing how many times a flagrant foul ISNT called at the end of games when it's very obvious that it SHOULD be called.   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

azhog10

We've had those called against us. I hate that it happened but thankful as well.

PonderinHog

Dumbass, he was tripped too!  (Announcers)  Watch the replay, you idiot!

RazorPiggie

Not a Flagrant. Incidental trip.

Hogeye_Pierce

Yes. If it had gone the other way and we had pushed their guy I would say the same thing.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

King Kong

By the letter of the law? Yes.

Would I as an official called it? No

hogbud

Bruce Pearl as analyst just ended discussion- players are coached to intentionally foul. End of story

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 17, 2017, 02:48:54 pm

I would be, too.  At the player that shoved and tripped the guy when a swipe at the ball would've done fine.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Hoggish1

Just reach in to try and get the ball and there's no problem, but two hands on the back and a shove and BOOM!

HoopS

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 17, 2017, 02:53:38 pm
had nothing to do with it. Flagrant. Every time it happens.

HogFoo

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 17, 2017, 02:53:38 pm
the trip has nothing to do with it.  He did NOT go after the ball.   He put TWO HANDS on Barford and pushed him!  The trip had nothing to do with why they called it Flagrant1.  Now if the seton hall player had actually reached or lunged for the ball and got Barford on the arm somewhere, at least he made an attempt.  But the way the Seton Hall player did it.  He put two hands on Barford and pushed.   End of story.  Flagrant1 every single time no matter how many times you look at it.  Very easy call.   We got a correct call for once in this instance.  Good win!  Go Hogs!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

A similar play happens at the end of 9 out of 10 games without a flagrant called.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

la20688

Quote from: King Kong on March 17, 2017, 02:54:45 pm

you can't push somebody in the back without going for the ball. All he had to do was stick his left hand in front of him to go after the ball.

Hoggish1

Quote from: King Kong on March 17, 2017, 02:54:45 pm

Then it's good you weren't officiating.  If it's the law then you call it.  Otherwise why have the law?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RanSolo on March 17, 2017, 02:47:32 pm

100% correct call.  SH guy should have at least pretended to be trying to make a play on the ball, but he didn't.  Rule is very clear.

factchecker

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on March 17, 2017, 02:55:40 pm
I would be, too.  At the player that shoved and tripped the guy when a swipe at the ball would've done fine.

Hogville would have melted.

Our own "fans" would have been calling us "thugs" and blaming Mike for the "thug" team he coaches.

Dicky V would have protested outside of Bud Walton to have the Razorback basketball team disbanded.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

It was a flagrant 1.  Move your feet and slap at the ball.  Don't get lazy and shove someone in the back.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Kevin

Yes it was. If that is the real  khawi Leonard he needs drug tested
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RazorPiggie

Quote from: HoopS on March 17, 2017, 02:56:21 pm
had nothing to do with it. Flagrant. Every time it happens.

Barford doesn't fall, they don't call Flagrant 1. In my opinion.

factchecker

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 17, 2017, 02:57:25 pm
https://twitter.com/HumbleKawhi/status/842825758246682625

Quote from: Kevin on March 17, 2017, 02:59:42 pm
Yes it was. If that is the real  khawi Leonard he needs drug tested

That's not the real Kawhi.  If I had to guess it is a hog "fan" or a fan of jonesboro juco.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: factchecker on March 17, 2017, 02:58:14 pm
Hogville would have melted.

Our own "fans" would have been calling us "thugs" and blaming Mike for the "thug" team he coaches.

Dicky V would have protested outside of Bud Walton to have the Razorback basketball team disbanded.

Ni disagreement with any of that.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

HogFoo

hogsanity

Quote from: SoonerSooie on March 17, 2017, 02:49:59 pm
There was no play on the ball-- none. It was a two handed push in the back-- flagrant.

90% of fouls when a team is trying to stop the clock involve no play on the ball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

sickboy

In the moment, I didn't think it was a flagrant. I thought it was called because of the inadvertent trip. But it's clear watching the replay, as stated by the letter of the rule, that that was a flagrant foul because he made no play for the ball.

Conclusion: It's a flagrant foul.

Now, what this shines a light on -- i just how much referees let flagrant fouls happen all the time at the end of games in these situations. It's so common for players to reach out with two hands and grab or shove a player to get them to the line -- that It's kind of crazy how much I never noticed it.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 17, 2017, 02:57:25 pm
https://twitter.com/HumbleKawhi/status/842825758246682625

I have no idea what this is even trying to say.  Was this supposed to be funny or legit jab?  Or what?  I don't get it at all.

sickboy

Quote from: HogFoo on March 17, 2017, 03:00:57 pm
so wth does he mean? 

That we all get screwed in the end.

Adam Stokes

Watching it I didn't think it was flagrant, but after listening to the analysis of it, it technically was. I would've been pissed if we were on the other side of that.

hogsanity

Quote from: HogFoo on March 17, 2017, 02:52:11 pm
  It's amazing how many times a flagrant foul ISNT called at the end of games when it's very obvious that it SHOULD be called.   

This is the point actually, usually it is let go because a team is fouling to stop the clock. If they would call it by the book, the final minute of games would not 20 in real time.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RazorPiggie

Quote from: sickboy on March 17, 2017, 03:01:29 pm
In the moment, I didn't think it was a flagrant. I thought it was called because of the inadvertent trip. But it's clear watching the replay, as stated by the letter of the rule, that that was a flagrant foul because he made no play for the ball.

Conclusion: It's a flagrant foul.

Now, what this shines a light on -- i just how much referees let flagrant fouls happen all the time at the end of games in these situations. It's so common for players to reach out with two hands and grab or shove a player to get them to the line -- that It's kind of crazy how much I never noticed it.

Wonder why Vandy guy didn't get called for a Flagrant 1 yesterday?

rhog1

I actually think it was a flagrant 1 but i also think in that situation it shouldn't be called. We would have won without that call anyway, i hate seeing refs put themselves into the ending of games.   

sickboy

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 17, 2017, 03:02:46 pm
Watching it I didn't think it was flagrant, but after listening to the analysis of it, it technically was. I would've been pissed if we were on the other side of that.

Yeah, in the heat of the moment I would have been livid.

sickboy

Quote from: hogbud on March 17, 2017, 03:00:35 pm

WAS a fan of his.....NBA should fine or suspend  him

That's not the Kawhi. You can go back to being a fan of his.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on March 17, 2017, 03:01:39 pm
I have no idea what this is even trying to say.  Was this supposed to be funny or legit jab?  Or what?  I don't get it at all.
I bet because we play NC next.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 17, 2017, 02:48:54 pm

This is exactly how I feel about it.  It looked like he went for the foul but then their feet got tangled up and that made the foul look way harder than it was.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HogFoo

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 17, 2017, 02:59:51 pm
Barford doesn't fall, they don't call Flagrant 1. In my opinion.
Ill put it this way.  It was a F1 .  plain and simple after they looked at it on the monitor.  Now, would they have called it had Barford not been tripped?  Who knows.  It definitely brought their attention to it because they had to go to the monitor to look for excessive  force.  Which the trip was purely an accident.  No intent behind it.  But, by him doing that, it made them stop the clock, look at the video, when they did, they saw both hands on the back, no attempt at the ball, they saw that they then had to call it an F1.   That's how it goes.   Hogs win.  Hogs win.  Hogs win.  F1 or not.  Hogs win.

factchecker

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on March 17, 2017, 03:01:39 pm

He's the ultimate realist.  We all need to quit being sunshine pumpers and realize that we will all die.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawg Red

By the rules, it was flagrant af. So many different ways to pick up that foul without pushing a guy in the back (with follow-thru).

Poor execution by Rodriguez. That's the rule. Doesn't matter if the rule sucks.