Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dick's picks

Started by LRHawg, March 16, 2017, 11:36:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

Biggus Piggus

I guess Middle Tennessee is a lot better than Arkansas, because Vitale has us losing to a 9 seed + MTSU beating No. 5 Minnesota and No. 4 Butler.
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

MTSU is my sleeper pick too. But I have the hogs a first round win. Couldn't bring myself to give them a win against NC although I hope I eat those points.

hulk hog

MTSU was a 15 last year and beat no. 2 Michigan St. Most experts see them as a sleeper team to watch because of that.  plus they have Jacorey Williams. He is money.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hulk hog on March 16, 2017, 12:17:24 pm
MTSU was a 15 last year and beat no. 2 Michigan St. Most experts see them as a sleeper team to watch because of that.  plus they have Jacorey Williams. He is money.

Well played, sir.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PorkRinds

They have lots of experience returning from a team that did well last year. Plus jacorey.

WJBilly

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 16, 2017, 12:00:59 pm
I guess Middle Tennessee is a lot better than Arkansas, because Vitale has us losing to a 9 seed + MTSU beating No. 5 Minnesota and No. 4 Butler.
He's Just mad at CMA about not calling him by name on Finebaum.

Inhogswetrust

I'm sure there is a good reason for his name........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Well, we know MN was better than the Hogs the night they played. I really think what his bracket shows is he thinks SH is better than Arkansas. No idea if he'd pick MTSU over the Hogs head to head.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Biggus Piggus

Anybody remember that MTSU-MSU game? It was an almost defense-free affair. MTSU shot 55% from 2-pt range and 58% from outside the arc. The Spartans made 63% inside and 46% outside. It was a fun game because MTSU ran out to a 17-4 lead, then both teams scored easily for the rest of the game.

Michigan State's inability to stop the Blue Raiders was mystifying, because absolutely nothing was special about MTSU's offense. Against Old Dominion in the CUSA tournament final last year, Middle Tennessee struggled to get to 55 points. Maybe that threw off Izzo.

Ya know, in game two Middle lost to Syracuse by 25.

Middle Tennessee is a much better offensive team this season, but they start a freshman point guard and rely a lot on the ability of Giddy Potts to score in transition. Minnesota has good guards, and you might remember how hard it is to beat them down the court.
[CENSORED]!

hulk hog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 16, 2017, 12:30:45 pm
Well, we know MN was better than the Hogs the night they played. I really think what his bracket shows is he thinks SH is better than Arkansas. No idea if he'd pick MTSU over the Hogs head to head.
In his defense he probably picked Seton Hall because he graduated from there.  I mean what are the odds of all the stuff that went on this week with him and we draw his Alma Mater.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

hogsanity

Quote from: hulk hog on March 16, 2017, 12:53:06 pm
In his defense he probably picked Seton Hall because he graduated from there.  I mean what are the odds of all the stuff that went on this week with him and we draw his Alma Mater.

NCAA Selection Committee conspiracy.......
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jesterzzn

MTSU is legit.  Way underseeded.

I'll never fault a guy for picking his 'mata.  Every time Arkansas makes the tournament I can't help but pick them into at least the sweet 16.  I just can't help it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 16, 2017, 03:18:38 pm
NCAA Selection Committee conspiracy.......

Don't worry.  I've got a crack team looking into it as we speak.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LRHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 16, 2017, 12:02:53 pm
MTSU is my sleeper pick too. But I have the hogs a first round win. Couldn't bring myself to give them a win against NC although I hope I eat those points.

Yep. I have NC winning it all, but god it sure would be nice to see my bracket get absolutely DESTROYED so the hogs could win.

daBoar

Perhaps, Dickie noticed Zero points from Beasley all season?

cosmodrum

Saw the thread title and immediately thought of Brett Favre.
Go away, batin'

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 16, 2017, 03:22:00 pm
MTSU is legit.  Way underseeded.

I'll never fault a guy for picking his 'mata.  Every time Arkansas makes the tournament I can't help but pick them into at least the sweet 16.  I just can't help it.

Agree they were underseeded.
[CENSORED]!

Pignominious

Jacorey doing what he does: giving and taking away.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

hawginbigd1

Wasn't sure if I wanted open this thread

lwillin

An 8-9 seed pairing is usually considered a pretty even game, talent wise. Anyway, the March Madness issue of SI predicts Arkansas advancing to the second round.

lumphog

Didn't Kermit Davis marry an Arkansas girl ? Betty Choate from Helena

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 16, 2017, 04:30:17 pm
Agree they were underseeded.

Went 30-4 in the regular season and beat Vandy, a #9 seed, by 23.

Arky

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 16, 2017, 04:08:09 pm
damn that's funny

niels_boar

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 16, 2017, 12:34:42 pm
Anybody remember that MTSU-MSU game? It was an almost defense-free affair. MTSU shot 55% from 2-pt range and 58% from outside the arc. The Spartans made 63% inside and 46% outside. It was a fun game because MTSU ran out to a 17-4 lead, then both teams scored easily for the rest of the game.

Michigan State's inability to stop the Blue Raiders was mystifying, because absolutely nothing was special about MTSU's offense. Against Old Dominion in the CUSA tournament final last year, Middle Tennessee struggled to get to 55 points. Maybe that threw off Izzo.

Ya know, in game two Middle lost to Syracuse by 25.

Middle Tennessee is a much better offensive team this season, but they start a freshman point guard and rely a lot on the ability of Giddy Potts to score in transition. Minnesota has good guards, and you might remember how hard it is to beat them down the court.

Old Dominion, coached by Ralph Sampson's old teammate Jeff Jones, is CUSA's Virginia.  They play at a snail's pace and usually defend and rebound very well.  They aren't the type of team you want to play on Sunday of a conference tournament with tired legs.  I dread La Tech's trips to there place.  It's always root canal.  A couple of years ago Tech lost by a bucket in the Carrier Dome (71-69) and then scored 53 at Old Dominion.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 16, 2017, 12:18:42 pm
They have lots of experience returning from a team that did well last year. Plus jacorey.

This right here. Anyone that did their homework understood MTSU isn't a typical 12 seed. I think they are more 5 or 6 seed worthy based on who they returned.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 16, 2017, 04:08:09 pm

Fantastic

bosshog84

Quote from: lumphog on March 16, 2017, 05:46:20 pm
Didn't Kermit Davis marry an Arkansas girl ? Betty Choate from Helena

Correct. He played his college ball at Phillips Co CC there in Helena before transferring to Mississippi St.

LZH

hog.goblin

Jacorey is a shoo-in for having a good tournament

TexArkHogFan

Well, MTSU did win and most of the "experts" who aren't Hog fans are picking Seton Hall.  Look for a tough game but unless we come out flat, which we have been known to do, we should win.  If it's a low scoring game, we're in trouble.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hog.goblin on March 17, 2017, 02:57:58 am
Jacorey is a shoo-in for having a good tournament

He'll certainly put his best foot forward.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

code red

Least we wait and see lol.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on March 17, 2017, 04:28:45 am
Well, MTSU did win and most of the "experts" who aren't Hog fans are picking Seton Hall.  Look for a tough game but unless we come out flat, which we have been known to do, we should win.  If it's a low scoring game, we're in trouble.
I disagree.  Seton Hall can and will win the rebounding battle.  They will settle in a zone and take charges to neutralize our penetration.  I don't see us shooting well enough to win.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hog.goblin

Quote from: code red on March 17, 2017, 07:59:29 am
I disagree.  Seton Hall can and will win the rebounding battle.  They will settle in a zone and take charges to neutralize our penetration.  I don't see us shooting well enough to win.

Fairly accurate except the most important part, the W