Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over-rated & Over-estimated

Started by redleg, January 06, 2018, 06:27:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

I hate to say it, but with this Razorback team's poor free throw shooting and lack of intensity on the road, they will be lucky to win an SEC road game ... even against the average to bad conference rivals.
Arkansas has been stuck in this road woes mentality ever since Nolan was fired. It was first perpetrated thanks to Stan Heath, Pelphrey continued it, and Anderson has yet to truly solve it. And I don't understand it!
This team was/is over-rated, and their prospects and predictions have been over-estimated. It's something that I am guilty of as well. I really thought this team would be special. But if you can't win on the road, you aren't going to be successful overall. And this team can't win on the road! >:-(
They'll lose every SEC road game, plus at home to Kentucky.
19-12 overall, 8-10 in SEC
Forget about the Big Dance.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

AFWarrior83

The players were complaining about not being in the top 25, then when they make it they CHOKE! 🤭
Hogville member since 2005.

redleg

That's another thing. Shut your mouth, stop whining about rankings and officials calls, and just play basketball!

KateHog

Why can't you fans stop complaining?
It's a game, chill!

pigmania

I wonder if this team will win a road conference game this year.

Smashmouth2004

In football a HC hires a OC to call plays and run the offense. Do you think it's possible that Anderson can hire someone who can coach an offense?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: pigmania on January 06, 2018, 06:37:00 pm
I wonder if this team will win a road conference game this year.

in the past 20 years, or even just in the MA era, what would give anyone any confidence that our team could finish .500 on the road consistently? Our average SEC road wins per season is what, 3ish? That means zero in a season should not be a surprise when the league is up.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

redleg

Quote from: KateHog on January 06, 2018, 06:36:24 pm
Why can't you fans stop complaining?
It's a game, chill!
OMG! Someone posting critical comments about a game on a SPORTS website! How dare we?!
I want to win Kate! That's why a game is played.

Paul

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on January 06, 2018, 06:42:50 pm
In football a HC hires a OC to call plays and run the offense. Do you think it's possible that Anderson can hire someone who can coach an offense?

MikePiazza

They run an offense; it's a motion offense, and when players aren't moving and setting screens and cutting, it looks like they aren't running one.

Players aren't executing on the court. Mike needs to light a fire under their ass in practice this week and get things figured out. Lot of great Hog teams have started 1-2 in the league or worse and been fine. No reason to throw in towel yet.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Hogs run wild

i'd shut down too if someone called me a chi pet.. cha cha chia!
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

hogsanity

Quote from: MikePiazza on January 07, 2018, 01:46:09 pm
They run an offense; it's a motion offense, and when players aren't moving and setting screens and cutting, it looks like they aren't running one.

Players aren't executing on the court. Mike needs to light a fire under their ass in practice this week and get things figured out. Lot of great Hog teams have started 1-2 in the league or worse and been fine. No reason to throw in towel yet.

your definition of great must be different than mine. Unless your definition of great is being on the bubble for the ncaat.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Justifiable Hogicide

What do we pay HIM for? To bring Nolan to games?

Mr. Porkleone

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2018, 02:04:28 pm
your definition of great must be different than mine. Unless your definition of great is being on the bubble for the ncaat.

'94 team started 1-2 on the SEC road, '95 team lost both of its first two road games. There's only one team since Arkansas joined the SEC that won both of their first two road games.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

redneckfriend

I don't think it works quite like that in basketball. The players are supposed to know what to do and then they do it. There are rarely "plays" since there is no interval between possessions to call them (excepting timeouts etc.). The players have demonstrated that they do know what to do when they play at home so the problem is they don't do it on the road. I'm going to take a guess here and speculate that because of the well-know home team bias of the referees in the SEC the players are tentative and not as aggressive as they are at home. Once the tentativeness sets in it becomes infectious and leads to everyone standing around hoping someone else will take the plunge and lead (and most likely get a foul).