Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winning and losing

Started by jwilliamson67, September 29, 2017, 08:25:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilliamson67

Winning /losing aren't diagnosis they are symptoms.

I hear a lot of coach isn't winning enough fire him.

That's not logical. It's akin to saying Billy has a headache he needs brain surgery.

The discussion must be coach isn't doing x this is causing y.

The coach may or may not be doing a good job but winning or losing isn't a diagnosis.

This leads to a lot of stupid threads.

John post coach lost to stinky u fire him.

Susan tries to frame the argument more logically. What are the issues? What causes these issues? What can be done about these issues? Is there anything a coach could do to  overcome this issue?

John resorts to name calling and insults.

Thread completely breaks down. Turns into a shouting match between 2 or 3 people. Everyone else moves along.

Nothing has changed.

GuvHog

Quote from: jwilliamson67 on September 29, 2017, 08:25:43 am
Winning /losing aren't diagnosis they are symptoms.

I hear a lot of coach isn't winning enough fire him.

That's not logical. It's akin to saying Billy has a headache he needs brain surgery.

The discussion must be coach isn't doing x this is causing y.

The coach may or may not be doing a good job but winning or losing isn't a diagnosis.

This leads to a lot of stupid threads.

John post coach lost to stinky u fire him.

Susan tries to frame the argument more logically. What are the issues? What causes these issues? What can be done about these issues? Is there anything a coach could do to  overcome this issue?

John resorts to name calling and insults.

Thread completely breaks down. Turns into a shouting match between 2 or 3 people. Everyone else moves along.

Nothing has changed.

Whether you like it or not, winning is one of the main parts of a head Coach's job. If a head coach is not winning, he's going to lose his job. That's just the way it is.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Arthur pigby sellers.

Winning is 95% of the job. At the end of the year we don't look back at bad wins or good losses.  It's just wins or losses. Results are everything in life and coaching is no exception.