Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Style of play?

Started by rzrbackramsfan, February 22, 2014, 05:33:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

I'm laughing at everyone freaking out about how our style of play was losing games for us! :P

Too bad we pressed today right? I'm glad we didn't go for steals, it's much more effective if the offense can come at you, right?

Our style of play is helping us win in a major way. The only way we beat Kentucky is by getting after them, play some conservative defense, like so any have been calling for, and we'll get destroyed. We may either way, but let them do their thing and it's much more guaranteed.

On a side note, it's good to see bell come alive a little, he needs to seriously het more agressive on defense, Sooo timid out there.  Would much rather have wade ripping the ball out there.

Breems

Style is way overemphasized. We're executing it now and winning games.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Smithian

This board is more abrasive after wins than losses. I've never seen a message board like that.

Dirty

Will we see Moses and Bobby on the court together Thursday night?

hogsanity

Quote from: Smithian on February 22, 2014, 05:59:01 pm
This board is more abrasive after wins than losses. I've never seen a message board like that.

The Mike Anderson mafia blames the PLAYERS FOR LOSSES but give Mike all the credit for wins over cellar dwellers.

They beat a team they should have and got a road win. Took care of business.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hogsanity on February 22, 2014, 08:19:40 pm
The Mike Anderson mafia blames the PLAYERS FOR LOSSES but give Mike all the credit for wins over cellar dwellers.

They beat a team they should have and got a road win. Took care of business.

The anti Mike Anderson mafia blames Mike Anderson for everything.  Really just his style of play.  Well I'm here to say, that our steals and pressure d were very large contributors to us winning the game.

Maybe they should have won, but I'm not taking this for granted, because for around the last ten years we would have lost this game. 

ChicoHog

The press works fine against inferior teams.  Good teams shred it and it leads to easy layups and wide open 3's.  I think you have to pick your spots when to press, when to play zone, when to play man, etc.,  I'd still much rather see a team play solid half court man defense than give up some wide open 3's in exchange for a few extra turnovers/steals. 

UK game Thursday should be a good one.  I hope Bell shoots like he did today.  It's all about making shots, especially 3's, and we will have a great chance to win. 

Rawker

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 22, 2014, 09:15:26 pm
The press works fine against inferior teams.  Good teams shred it and it leads to easy layups and wide open 3's.  I think you have to pick your spots when to press, when to play zone, when to play man, etc.,  I'd still much rather see a team play solid half court man defense than give up some wide open 3's in exchange for a few extra turnovers/steals. 

UK game Thursday should be a good one.  I hope Bell shoots like he did today.  It's all about making shots, especially 3's, and we will have a great chance to win.

Evidence from this year does not back the idea that the Hogs are being shredded by the good teams.  I'd say good teams would be a #1 team and a #10 team, and the Hogs beat one of those and lost to the other by a free throw.  With decent players, the system beats most teams, with a few great players, the systems destroys even some good teams.  Even with a halfcourt defense, you have to hit shots, and with a full-court pressing D and shot-making, not only does it work well, it's fun to watch!  And it's what will separate the brand of the Hogs once they're back in the discussion year-round, which they will be.

High Octane Hog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 22, 2014, 08:26:49 pm
The anti Mike Anderson mafia blames Mike Anderson for everything.  Really just his style of play.  Well I'm here to say, that our steals and pressure d were very large contributors to us winning the game.

Maybe they should have won, but I'm not taking this for granted, because for around the last ten years we would have lost this game. 
What you say is a fact! CMA is doing an awesome job with what talent he has on this team. Key word is "team" and that is what has been missing for 10 years.