Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is a 'Bielemer' and who is 'Bert?'

Started by Michael_E_Davis, October 22, 2017, 01:16:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

October 22, 2017, 01:16:27 am Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:57:21 am by Michael_E_Davis
People keep mentioning this 'Bert'  fellow.  We don't have anyone named Bert on staff that I am aware of.  Our coaches name is Bret.  I know it makes the people who hate him feel better to call him Bert,  but that isn't his name. It's Bret. Changing his name because you don't like him only goes to prove the 4th dumbest fan base accusation. And, I keep reading about people wanting 'Bielemers' to explain themselvs.   I have no idea what a Bielemer is.   I just know of fans that supported the coach and wanted to give him a fair chance, as the coach of the razorbacks.

Can someone explain to me the meaning of these titles?  Because, quite frankly,  it's getting old.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

BearsBisonsBoars

"Bert" is a Wisconsin thing. We got it from them. I don't like it either, but it's hardly what people are referecing when they call us dumb.

"Bielemer" is a an Portmanteau of "Bielema" and "Believer". Presumably, this comes from Belieber, which is the silly name Justin Bieber fans adopted for themselves. It's kind of childish too, but at least serves a purpose in expressing a thought concisely.  (That thought being "people who still support Bret" - with one t. If you're going to call people out, get it right.)

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 22, 2017, 01:16:27 am
People keep mentioning this 'Bert'  fellow.  We don't have anyone named Bert on staff that I am aware of.  Our coaches name is Brett.  I know it makes the people who hate him feel better to call him Bert,  but that isn't his name. It's Brett. Changing his name because you don't like him only goes to prove the 4th dumbest fan base accusation. And, I keep reading about people wanting 'Bielemers' to explain themselvs.   I have no idea what a Bielemer is.   I just know of fans that supported the coach and wanted to give him a fair chance, as the coach of the razorbacks.

Can someone explain to me the meaning of these titles?  Because, quite frankly,  it's getting old.

If you can't figure it out then you have no room to insinuate that anybody else is dumb.

3kgthog

Uh, there's no one here named Brett. Do you mean Bret?

RazorRam

Only thing you need to know about BB is his record at Arkansas
Arkansas:   Overall 27–31   SEC 10–26
What does that spell?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: RazorRam on October 22, 2017, 01:50:02 am
Only thing you need to know about BB is his record at Arkansas
Arkansas:   Overall 27–31   SEC 10–26
What does that spell?

Spells "Uncommon Lack of Coaching Ability".
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

razortrack

What's getting old are the losses and promises given to the Razorback fans.

Pork Twain

Quote from: RazorbacksFTW on October 22, 2017, 01:26:39 am
If you can't figure it out then you have no room to insinuate that anybody else is dumb.
Obviously you not of whom you speak to.  Maybe he needs to bring back his smiley little critter so everyone remembers
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

kodiakisland

People keep mentioning this 'Bert'  fellow.  We don't have anyone named Bert on staff that I am aware of.  Our coaches name is Bret.  I know it makes the people who hate him feel better to call him Bert,  but that isn't his name. It's Bret. Changing his name because you don't like him only goes to prove the 4th dumbest fan base accusation. And, I keep reading about people wanting 'Bielemers' to explain themselvs.   I have no idea what a Bielemer is.   I just know of fans that supported the coach and wanted to give him a fair chance, as the coach of the razorbacks.

If you really need it explained to you, you wouldn't understand anyway.  Obviously not smart enough to spell his name correctly in your first attempt either.  Stop being so dramatic.  So you don't like Bert and Bielemer.  Got it.  You're probably not the only one.  Just the only one I see whining like a *****.  Hopefully you at least learned to spell his name correctly though.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

longbore

This is just stooped...reminds me of a story about a good ole boy who went to his daughters college graduation...about halfway through the thing he leans over and says, "sure are a lot them coom lattes, are they Asian...

Roaringboar

Bert was a nickname they gave him at Wisky that many of us here at Arkansas now like to use.......A Beliemer is someone who still believes in Bielema's B.S.......someone much like yourself I'm assuming.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

007 License To Squeal

Troll!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

jst01

OP is so mad his false hope is just that, false. Your boy is done here my man

birmingHAMette

There were T-Shirts with " I'm a Beliemer" the first year he was hired.I bet those  have been burned.
Go Hogs

McKdaddy

Quote from: birmingHAMette on October 22, 2017, 07:56:15 am
There were T-Shirts with " I'm a Beliemer" the first year he was hired.I bet those  have been burned.

Yep, the Tulsa Razorback Club printed about 200 when he was hired. They sold quickly at our first club meeting after his hiring. Mine went in the garbage can after the infamous mizzou loss.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin