Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 01:49:56 am

Why not bring back Nutt

Started by pigatron, October 17, 2017, 04:00:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigatron

At least we had winning seasons, and the debates on here were comical to watch. It's worked pretty well for Louisville. I knew one of his players and he said Nutt was a good coach at making adjustments during games, bring him in and dictate who his assistants are. It could work. Hell hire him as AD.

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

Pig Power

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

pigatron

Yes for real. If we leave it up to Long we'll end up with another John L. Smith. Who wuld you rather have?

hobhog

pigatron

Danny before what we have now, bring back ken.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

hogsanity

Quote from: pigatron on October 17, 2017, 04:00:47 pm
and the debates on here were comical to watch.

thats pretty much any debate here
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pigatron

Quote from: hogsanity on October 17, 2017, 04:12:01 pm
thats pretty much any debate here
Oh but the sunshine pumpers vs the darksiders were the best. Only the GSD come close.

Atlhogfan1

At least we had winning seasons, and the debates on here were comical to watch. It's worked pretty well for Louisville. I knew one of his players and he said Nutt was a good coach at making adjustments during games, bring him in and dictate who his assistants are. It could work. Hell hire him as AD.

This is a great idea for those wanting a new AD and chancellor for the UA since Nutt got his last two ADs and chancellors pushed out with his Daleness and sued his last employer.  Maybe this is how you get rid of Long. 

Working out great for the Cards:

https://louisville.forums.rivals.com/threads/not-sure-how-there-are-still-petrino-defenders-out-there.35998/

"He's 30-16 since returning to Louisville. 1-9 against ranked teams with losses to 2015 Houston, Boston College and Kentucky at home and UVA in 2015. Not sure what the spread was in the 2015 Houston game but he was 3+ TD favorites in the BC/UK games. Not only that but the team NEVER looks prepared or disciplined. Stupid penalties and turnovers plagued the team in year 1 and they plague the team in year 4.

Not only has he lost to bad teams but he's also barely sqeeked by a number of bad teams:
- Wake 2014
- UK 2014
- NC State 2015
- BC 2015
- Wake 2015
- UVA 2015

Blown out by UGA and LSU is their last 2 bowls. Not sure he has beaten more than 2-3 "good" teams in his 4 year tenure. TAMU and Notre Dame were both in complete downward spirals when Louisville beat them...I'm not sure what game outside the FSU you can point to and say that was a quality win for him."
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 17, 2017, 04:13:49 pm
This is a great idea for those wanting a new AD and chancellor for the UA since Nutt got his last two ADs and chancellors pushed out with his Daleness and sued his last employer.  Maybe this is how you get rid of Long. 

Working out great for the Cards:

https://louisville.forums.rivals.com/threads/not-sure-how-there-are-still-petrino-defenders-out-there.35998/

"He's 30-16 since returning to Louisville. 1-9 against ranked teams with losses to 2015 Houston, Boston College and Kentucky at home and UVA in 2015. Not sure what the spread was in the 2015 Houston game but he was 3+ TD favorites in the BC/UK games. Not only that but the team NEVER looks prepared or disciplined. Stupid penalties and turnovers plagued the team in year 1 and they plague the team in year 4.

Not only has he lost to bad teams but he's also barely sqeeked by a number of bad teams:
- Wake 2014
- UK 2014
- NC State 2015
- BC 2015
- Wake 2015
- UVA 2015

Blown out by UGA and LSU is their last 2 bowls. Not sure he has beaten more than 2-3 "good" teams in his 4 year tenure. TAMU and Notre Dame were both in complete downward spirals when Louisville beat them...I'm not sure what game outside the FSU you can point to and say that was a quality win for him."

Sounds alot like his days here. Beats mostly who he should and almost never teams he flat out has to beat to get to the top of the hill.

On the topic of the OP, the old saying " you cant go home again " is pretty much true. In most things it almost never works out.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pigatron

At least they have winning records and make bowl games.

phadedhawg

Wow it's amazing to hear about Saint Bobby here vs how they wish they could run him out of town over there. 

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

onebadrubi

You must sell ladders for a living?

Großer Kriegschwein

They'd probably play harder for Nutt than they have been for Bret.
This is my non-signature signature.

Sweet Feet

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 17, 2017, 04:17:21 pm
Wow it's amazing to hear about Saint Bobby here vs how they wish they could run him out of town over there.

Truth is always in the middle.  Fun threads today.  Much better than thinking about our oline vs that AU def front. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

farmhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 17, 2017, 04:27:09 pm
Truth is always in the middle.  Fun threads today.  Much better than thinking about our oline vs that AU def front. 
Might be your best post......
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Come on! ::) :o :-X

ShadowHawg

Are we talking about the same Nutt whose son spit on the Hog at mdfield?

Dark Helmet Hog

The real Hogules

Because he sucks and I HATE HIM!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Bonehog

Is this post serious?  Say it ain't so!
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

ChitownHawg

As Clint Eastwood said in "Unforgiven" - the one who keeps his head when the bullets fly wins the fight.

Steady there young man. Don't lose your head. No call for wanting Hootie back.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Granny fan

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 17, 2017, 04:22:01 pm
You must sell ladders for a living?

Ok I almost choked laughing on this one!  Plus 1!

Bonehog

To me it's like saying we want the Clintons back in AR.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

Hook 'em Hogs

Hogville. You never disappoint.

The Hawg Marshal

This is going just a little too far.

DeltaBoy

LOL
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.