Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forest City, Tell is How Good the Program Is.....Stand Up!

Started by maggiesue, January 30, 2018, 10:34:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maggiesue

Good teams that are well coached don't continuously get blown out on the road.  So bad....year 7....Won't change until we get a basketball coach....depressing for those of us who have seen what Arkansas basketball can and should be!  On to baseball.

3of5-2

The_Iceman

I told everyone already, we would get blown out in both of our games this week and we won't hear a damn keep from FCJ. There is no defending how poor of a coaching job Mediocre Mike is doing.

SemperFi

You're not going to get a response out of FCJ after that beat down. Nobody can defend that mess! I'm sure that he and Mike Anderson will discuss PR strategy over lunch today to qualify the extension and to remind ALL of Hogville and Razorback Nation just how lucky we are to have Mike Anderson and that those of us that disagree are cry babies and kickers of rocks.

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

PORKULATOR

Quote from: maggiesue on January 30, 2018, 10:34:15 pm
Good teams that are well coached don't continuously get blown out on the road.  So bad....year 7....Won't change until we get a basketball coach....depressing for those of us who have seen what Arkansas basketball can and should be!  On to baseball.
you should just go away and wait for basketball.
Smh
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Inhogswetrust

Win = FCJ shows up first in line.

Lose = FCJ is nowhere to be found.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PharmacistHog

And he is sitting back laughing at ya'll. Last year when the hogs started falling apart he was on another board saying Long had been fair to Mike and would be justified in firing him.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

HogFaninMemphis

Yeah that game was brutal. You can't just be a sympathizer when they win. I think if we played them 10 times there, we'd win like 5. Last night got away from them in like a 3-minute period. A team that can't shoot hit how many 3s in a row? 6? Honestly, I'm more disappointed in the games from last Tuesday and Saturday, because the team really deserved to lose both of those games.
Games like last night happen, where a team just hits you like a tidal wave and suddenly the game is over. It's frustrating but true. Win Saturday and start another winning streak.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Dirty

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on January 31, 2018, 08:12:00 am
Yeah that game was brutal. You can't just be a sympathizer when they win. I think if we played them 10 times there, we'd win like 5. Last night got away from them in like a 3-minute period. A team that can't shoot hit how many 3s in a row? 6? Honestly, I'm more disappointed in the games from last Tuesday and Saturday, because the team really deserved to lose both of those games.
Games like last night happen, where a team just hits you like a tidal wave and suddenly the game is over. It's frustrating but true. Win Saturday and start another winning streak.

+1

hobhog

Problem is I think most fans can feel this teams fragility. Last night was no surprise. Our record is better than the state of the program.....and that's sad.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

farfromgroovins

They've happened too often under CMA. I'm consistent in my message on this board, CMA has been inconsistent here. I understand blowouts from time to time but A&M, LSU, North Carolina, Auburn, Florida all were horrible Hog basketball. Not even competitive.

Let's hope they start that winning streak Saturday but from what I've seen, when this team isn't hitting their shots....game over. That doesn't carry you far in tournament play.

cardsNhogs

He thinks when we win a predictable home game that we are back on track and program is in great shape! We all know road games and losses will follow. This team is gonna be a .500 conference team and there is a chance we will not make the NCAA T for the 5th time in MA 7 seasons has head coach of the Hogs. In what world is he doing a good job?

I don't get optimistic when we win because I still see the same mistakes on the defensive end and bad shot selection on the offensive end. I know it will not translate into any kind of consistent play where we can strand together a 8-2 run or better..

Peter Porker

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 31, 2018, 08:11:41 am
And he is sitting back laughing at ya'll. Last year when the hogs started falling apart he was on another board saying Long had been fair to Mike and would be justified in firing him.

I thought trolling was against the rules.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

1highhog

That's not what is bothersome, it's the same issues I've seen for almost 7 years now under CMA.  Shooters left wide open, you can blame this on the players all you want to, but the real blame has to go back to coaching. 

It's the same thing with Mike and his stubborn insistence on using the full court press, it just doesn't work anymore unless you're playing against some team that's closer in talent level to a high school team.  I hated seeing Mike get the job here as Coach when so many wanted him as our Coach, I knew we'd be stuck with him once hired and I knew he couldn't get the job done and that once that was proved everyone would start turning on him.

The thing is, I like Mike Anderson the man, I appreciate all the time he was here under Nolan.  But he is no Coach at a P5 school.  He just got and extension and like I said, we are indeed stuck with him until he retires.  A once top 5 school in basketball during the 90's is now not even a top 30 school for a coach to come to, we are a sad program.  FCJ thinks that coming in 4th place or worse every year in the SEC and NEVER contending for a SEC regular title or tournament title is great under Mike Anderson, I think it's a disgrace for this once proud program.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 31, 2018, 11:35:32 am
I thought trolling was against the rules.

It is. We just can't prove it. He's playing his part very well. Its why he is the master.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

FCJ is worse than your friend who wins 1 sports bet out of every 10 they put down... You only hear about the 1, "I told y'all to put money on the Steelers, didn't I tell you!  Y'all should listen to me when I bet, I'm the best."

Yeah, but what about the other 10 games?

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 31, 2018, 11:51:20 am
It is. We just can't prove it. He's playing his part very well. Its why he is the master.

Master of what?  The typing skills of a 4 year old?

hogsanity

which is why I think out FCJ is fake, and not the one that calls DTS.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pigelow

Quote from: hogsanity on January 31, 2018, 12:52:39 pm

the idiot that calls the radio says the same crap he says on here  :puke:

hogsanity

Quote from: pigelow on January 31, 2018, 12:54:50 pm
the idiot that calls the radio says the same crap he says on here  :puke:

Or the poster here just does a good job of playing a part. His posts are actually too uniformly bad constructed to be randomly bad.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The OTR

This just seems too difficult to believe anyone could do this to us.

BallHog1

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 31, 2018, 01:24:59 pm
This just seems too difficult to believe anyone could do this to us.
Joe is a true fan of the Razorbacks. Some of you just don't get that and I guess that's ok, but don't pile on the guy for being a true fan. We could all aspire to be like him.

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 31, 2018, 01:44:25 pm
Joe is a true fan of the Razorbacks. Some of you just don't get that and I guess that's ok, but don't pile on the guy for being a true fan. We could all aspire to be like him.

You have sure become a big fan all of the sudden.

Jim Harris

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 31, 2018, 06:20:33 am
I told everyone already, we would get blown out in both of our games this week and we won't hear a damn keep from FCJ. There is no defending how poor of a coaching job Mediocre Mike is doing.

we were only down 1 at the half. ;)
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

razorpimp

Kevin

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 31, 2018, 01:44:25 pm

He is a true Anderson fan, there is a difference
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin

The hog program under cma is a rerun of a movie.
Just when you want to get excited about the team, they have some games like last night

The problems of this team is no different than the problems of any hog team under Anderson
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Science Fiction Greg

I marvel that you guys care so much about someone who doesn't understand how spelling, punctuation, or the spacebar work.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

hogsanity

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on January 31, 2018, 02:08:14 pm
I marvel that you guys care so much about someone who doesn't understand how spelling, punctuation, or the spacebar work.

If I thought it was the real FCJ, I probably wouldn't.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on January 31, 2018, 02:08:14 pm

Yet you had to click on a thread with his name in the title?  Yeah, thats what I thought. You are just like us. Can't help but look at the carwreck.
Millennials suck...

jkstock04

If this is so then it's the absolute ultimate troll job....because for 10 years or however long it's been I've thought he was legit.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BallHog1

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 31, 2018, 01:53:45 pm
You have sure become a big fan all of the sudden.
I guess I've always felt this way but rarely voiced my opinion. Joe has always been a winner and only recently has anyone questioned that.

LumberBacks

OkieBack

Quote from: razorpimp on January 31, 2018, 02:00:37 pm
So what happened the 2nd half?

A&M shot lights out.  Our defense got lazy.  Our shots didn't fall.  Tale of 2 halves, folks.  It happens.  Unless you are Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, or some other blue blood...you aren't going to kill it every game, every year.  And if you think you can pull in a Bill Self or Roy Williams then go talk to Coach Morris and see if they can loan you a few more million dollars from their budgets.  Lol.

3of5-2

Quote from: OkieBack on January 31, 2018, 03:08:19 pm
A&M shot lights out.  Our defense got lazy.  Our shots didn't fall.  Tale of 2 halves, folks.  It happens.  Unless you are Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, or some other blue blood...you aren't going to kill it every game, every year.  And if you think you can pull in a Bill Self or Roy Williams then go talk to Coach Morris and see if they can loan you a few more million dollars from their budgets.  Lol.
We lost the first half also.

OkieBack

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 31, 2018, 03:09:21 pm
We lost the first half also.

Down by 1 at half is a moral victory if anything.  If you give up on every game that the Hogs are down at half then stop watching.

3of5-2

Quote from: OkieBack on January 31, 2018, 03:17:32 pm
Down by 1 at half is a moral victory if anything.  If you give up on every game that the Hogs are down at half then stop watching.
Moral victory? Bahahahahahaha

hobhog

Quote from: OkieBack on January 31, 2018, 03:08:19 pm

How young must you be? Those teams used to be our [CENSORED]. We got Eddie from Creighton and Nolan from Tulsa for crying out loud. We can get there again with right guy.

OkieBack

Quote from: hobhog on January 31, 2018, 03:31:28 pm
How young must you be? Those teams used to be our [CENSORED]. We got Eddie from Creighton and Nolan from Tulsa for crying out loud. We can get there again with right guy.

Lol.  I know where Eddie and Nolan came from.  I also remember pounding the daylights out those teams.  But I'm putting this in a modern coaching perspective.  Arkansas is a football school first and foremost.  Dont' forget that.  Pretty good at basketball and other sports too.  But I'm just not there yet to pull any sort of trigger when we are still winning 20 games and getting into the tournament with Coach Anderson.  Ask me in a year or two and you might get a different answer.  Just not ready to take a chance on another Pelphrey or Heath.  Sorry.

1highhog

Quote from: OkieBack on January 31, 2018, 03:39:41 pm
Lol.  I know where Eddie and Nolan came from.  I also remember pounding the daylights out those teams.  But I'm putting this in a modern coaching perspective.  Arkansas is a football school first and foremost.  Dont' forget that.  Pretty good at basketball and other sports too.  But I'm just not there yet to pull any sort of trigger when we are still winning 20 games and getting into the tournament with Coach Anderson.  Ask me in a year or two and you might get a different answer.  Just not ready to take a chance on another Pelphrey or Heath.  Sorry.

7 years, yep 7 years of misery we've had and we will have at least two more.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 31, 2018, 02:13:43 pm
Yet you had to click on a thread with his name in the title?  Yeah, thats what I thought. You are just like us. Can't help but look at the carwreck.

Reading the message board at work.  Doesn't mean I care what he thinks.  Not sure why reading this thread invalidates that point.  And no, I didn't "have to."  I just did.

But that's fine.  Go on worrying yourself to death about whether an illiterate clueless message board poster likes Mike Anderson or not.  I can tell it is important to you.

Moral of the story:  stop falling for obvious trolling and/or worrying about what illiterates think about things and you'll be much happier in life.  Take that advice or leave it.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on January 31, 2018, 05:01:55 pm
Reading the message board at work.  Doesn't mean I care what he thinks.  Not sure why reading this thread invalidates that point.  And no, I didn't "have to."  I just did.

But that's fine.  Go on worrying yourself to death about whether an illiterate clueless message board poster likes Mike Anderson or not.  I can tell it is important to you.

Moral of the story:  stop falling for obvious trolling and/or worrying about what illiterates think about things and you'll be much happier in life.  Take that advice or leave it.

Lighten up. I was just kidding around. I just have fun with this stuff.
Millennials suck...

daprospecta

Quote from: 1highhog on January 31, 2018, 03:56:16 pm
7 years, yep 7 years of misery we've had and we will have at least two more.
Misery? 2014-2015 was misery? Beating Kentucky twice in one season was misery?  Last year, taking the national champs to the wire in the tourney was misery? What are you saying?

Knot2brite

I truly do not believe that he person that posts on here as Joe is the same one that calls Drive time ....I think at one time he did post on here years ago..but not now
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Athog

Do you are saying he is total fake and you caught it!

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: OkieBack on January 31, 2018, 03:39:41 pm

Football school, holy chit that was too funny...

FineAsSwine

Quote from: gguillo on January 31, 2018, 12:09:51 pm
worse than your friend who wins 1 sports bet out of every 10 they put down... You only hear about the 1, "I told y'all to put money on the Steelers, didn't I tell you!  Y'all should listen to me when I bet, I'm the best."

Yeah, but what about the other 10 games?

Yeah that sounds like some of the casino goers I know. They only count the wins and forget all of the losses. Down $1500 and they hit for a couple of hundred on the next trip and declare victory.
Hogs up! Covid down!