Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forest City, Tell is How Good the Program Is.....Stand Up!

Started by maggiesue, January 30, 2018, 10:34:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 31, 2018, 01:24:59 pm
This just seems too difficult to believe anyone could do this to us.

Saying someone could be the "fake FCJ" would be almost as asinine as saying your cousin Odell was Andre the Giant's long lost twin brother. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

hawgball40

Quote from: daprospecta on January 31, 2018, 05:53:16 pm
Misery? 2014-2015 was misery? Beating Kentucky twice in one season was misery?  Last year, taking the national champs to the wire in the tourney was misery? What are you saying?
he's saying the step up in play is not enough for him to be satisfied, and that's an entirely rational opinion. accept it. yes, we're knocking on that door. but can anderson open it? that's the concern and its valid.

chortle

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 31, 2018, 05:35:04 pm
Lighten up. I was just kidding around. I just have fun with this stuff.

k sorry.  Difficult to tell sometimes.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Cargill A. BullHog

A & M has been ranked in the top 5 this season. They hit a rough patch, but they are a really good team that would be hard to beat at home or on the road.  Add the fact that they just got hotter than a sheet metal roof in mid july and that is a recipe for failure.  FCJ just knows how much hate he gets everytime the Hogs lose, its not his fault, he's just cheering them on. 
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

jabber71

I really thought they would win, they even started out fast, but ran into a buzzsaw the first 5 min of the second half. They will still win 6 or 7 before the tourney. Got to have faith!
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

UNCLE BACK

hawgfan4life

For the record, I support FCJ.  I might not agree with everything he posts and I may wish is punctuation was a little cleaner, but I respect his right to support the coach and the team.  Him pumping a little sunshine is far greater than the hate that many want to spew on this site.  The fact anyone would come on here and start a thread about a fan, and others would post on a thread negatively about a fan that supports the coach, players, program, and university is very sad.  Block him or don't read them if you don't like his posts.  Constantly calling him out because you personally don't like the coach and he does makes your posts FAR worse.  I wish we had a lot more FCJs on the board and a lot less of some of you other jack wagon haters.  It would be a far better place to kill time.

Gonzo

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on February 01, 2018, 11:48:51 am
  FCJ just knows how much hate he gets everytime the Hogs lose, its ... his fault, he's just egging them on. 

More accurate imo.

Folks generally are treated the way they treat others, just sayin'. He more than gives his share of hate

Go Hogs!

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Gonzo on February 01, 2018, 05:05:27 pm
More accurate imo.

Folks generally are treated the way they treat others, just sayin'. He more than gives his share of hate

Go Hogs!

Maybe he is returning a little back, but that fact doesn't change the side of the cause he is supporting.  He is a FAN of the team, program, and university.  Yes he is a fan of the coach too, but what is wrong with that?  Better to have fans that support the coach blindly than arbitrarily complain about every little thing no matter how far from the facts the complaints are in reality.  Again!  Ignore him if you don't like his posts in support.  Don't choose to be a donkey toward a fellow fan because you are sick of the coach.  The sad part is that too many haters are so full of hate that they are blind to any of the positives and good.  I truly feel sorry for those fans, because they find little joy in the victories and only see doom and gloom.  What a sad existence.  I choose to have hope, enjoy the successes, and find the positives in the coach, the players, and the program.  I want us to be successful and I am not settling for mediocrity like a dozen posters will accuse.  I believe we are getting better despite some setbacks in games and in some cases seasons.  We have better talent lined up and I believe we will continue to trend better.  If not, my life will still go on and I will find things in it to fill it with the joy the team is failing to provide in that moment.  In the big picture, I doubt my Lord cares whether the Razorbacks win or not, but he sure cares how I live my life and act toward other people.

Gonzo

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 01, 2018, 07:23:48 pm
Maybe he is returning a little back, but that fact doesn't change the side of the cause he is supporting.  He is a FAN of the team, program, and university.  Yes he is a fan of the coach too, but what is wrong with that?  Better to have fans that support the coach blindly than arbitrarily complain about every little thing no matter how far from the facts the complaints are in reality.  Again!  Ignore him if you don't like his posts in support.  Don't choose to be a donkey toward a fellow fan because you are sick of the coach.  The sad part is that too many haters are so full of hate that they are blind to any of the positives and good.  I truly feel sorry for those fans, because they find little joy in the victories and only see doom and gloom.  What a sad existence.  I choose to have hope, enjoy the successes, and find the positives in the coach, the players, and the program.  I want us to be successful and I am not settling for mediocrity like a dozen posters will accuse.  I believe we are getting better despite some setbacks in games and in some cases seasons.  We have better talent lined up and I believe we will continue to trend better.  If not, my life will still go on and I will find things in it to fill it with the joy the team is failing to provide in that moment.  In the big picture, I doubt my Lord cares whether the Razorbacks win or not, but he sure cares how I live my life and act toward other people.

First, I do ignore him. I only see anything he posts if there is a response to it.

That being said, no, I do not think he is "returning a little back". FCJ throws darts every bit as much as anyone he criticizes. He has zero room to call anyone else a "hater". In addition, he is a fan of Mike Anderson, not the Hogs. The demeanor says nothing otherwise. His reactions to anything Hog related are totally different if MA is involved or not.

Is it schtick? I don't know. If it is, he is a Michelangelo. If it's not, if it's serious, he is just another internet blowhard.

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 01, 2018, 07:23:48 pm
  Don't choose to be a donkey toward a fellow fan

Absolutely. FCJ could stop the merry-go-round tonight if he chose to, just like those that respond to him. End of story.

Go Hogs!

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Gonzo on February 01, 2018, 08:45:24 pm
First, I do ignore him. I only see anything he posts if there is a response to it.

That being said, no, I do not think he is "returning a little back". FCJ throws darts every bit as much as anyone he criticizes. He has zero room to call anyone else a "hater". In addition, he is a fan of Mike Anderson, not the Hogs. The demeanor says nothing otherwise. His reactions to anything Hog related are totally different if MA is involved or not.

Is it schtick? I don't know. If it is, he is a Michelangelo. If it's not, if it's serious, he is just another internet blowhard.

Absolutely. FCJ could stop the merry-go-round tonight if he chose to, just like those that respond to him. End of story.

Go Hogs!

Your opinions.  Anyone that doesn't like his posts can ignore him.  Maybe you see them as darts because you dislike the coach so much.  I don't take offense in his exuberance for the coach.  I would rather see posts supporting the coaches, players, and university than all the hate that fills the threads.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 02, 2018, 05:17:28 pm
Your opinions.  Anyone that doesn't like his posts can ignore him.  Maybe you see them as darts because you dislike the coach so much.  I don't take offense in his exuberance for the coach.  I would rather see posts supporting the coaches, players, and university than all the hate that fills the threads.

Aww c'mon man...FCJ lacks objectivity.  You're taking everyone's jabs too seriously.  He comes around when we win, and disappears when we lose.  He does it on purpose to get people to argue with him, so he can tell them to pound sand.  It's comical.  I see no harm in it, but there's a method to his madness...   He lurks, he reads, and we win...and he posts.  ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

maxhog5

My problem with Joe has never been his support of Anderson or the Hogs or whoever you want to say it is he is supporting.  My problem has always been his argument has never been anything, but "Mike is going to get it done" with little to no evidence so support that statement, then when you would present your reasons for having doubts, you were a "hater."  This year it is just the same thing.  He pops now whether they win or lose to grind out some useless platitude about how proud he is for their effort and how this team never gives up.  Just useless drivel which is why I rarely respond to him anymore.  Personally, I am really proud of this team and believe these kids have really overachieved to be in a position to make a run for the NCAA tournament.  Don't bash these kids.  This team is badly constructed and they are playing their hearts out.

Mjs84

Quote from: maggiesue on January 30, 2018, 10:34:15 pm
Good teams that are well coached don't continuously get blown out on the road.  So bad....year 7....Won't change until we get a basketball coach....depressing for those of us who have seen what Arkansas basketball can and should be!  On to baseball.

+1

Mjs84

Mjs84

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 31, 2018, 01:44:25 pm
Joe is a true fan of the Razorbacks. Some of you just don't get that and I guess that's ok, but don't pile on the guy for being a true fan. We could all aspire to be like him.

Yes, it's my life long dream to quit my job, live off of your taxes, so I could start a new life on Hogville, just like Forest City Joe!

Dirty

maxhog5

Gonzo

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 02, 2018, 05:17:28 pm

Lol. Of course it's my opinion, that's what the board is here for, for folks to share their opinions. And had you read the post to which you responded you would have seen that I do ignore him, along with a slew of other folks on the board. I'm sure I'm on some lists as well. My interaction here is in regards to other posts, some of which are responses to what he has said. Thus some of his comments are still seen.

You have no idea whether I hate MA or not because I have not shared an opinion one way or the other in that regard. For the record, there are VERY few folks anywhere I hate. I feel sorry for you if you see the only way someone might find FCJ offensive is to hate MA. Pretty much the only folks who could do so would be his lackeys or his own alts.

I love to see folks supporting the Hogs and sharing positive opinions of them. There is almost always something about which one can be positive, just as there is almost always something about which one can be concerned.

Sharing one's opinions, either positive or negative, about the team is one thing. Purposely poking in the eye anyone who has the temerity to hold a different view is something else completely. FCJ is one of the leading pokers around here, going far beyond just sharing an opinion. Those who aim to irritate others, both he and many of his detractors included, should not be the least surprised when others respond in kind.

I agree, I'd rather see substantive discussion rather than simple and constant vitriol spewed all over the place. That's why I ignore him, along with many others.

Go Hogs!

maxhog5

If Mike Anderson's name was Mark Fox, would he still have a job at Arkansas?

Sivad

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 02, 2018, 07:26:12 pm
NO. And he would not have been hired (especially at his top notch salary) either.

3of5-2

Letsroll1200

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 02, 2018, 07:26:12 pm

What jas Mark Fox done at Georgia? He don't compare to Mike

maxhog5

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 02, 2018, 10:11:41 pm
What jas Mark Fox done at Georgia? He don't compare to Mike
Actually their records are remarkably similar.  Both have two trips to the NCAA and both have one second place and one third place finish in the SEC.  So yes, Little Enos, he does compare to Mike at Arkansas.

Dr. Starcs

Fcj is a troll. No balls at all to show up after a terrible loss.

Would love for everyone to just ignore him after the next win.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 02, 2018, 10:21:38 pm
Actually their records are remarkably similar.  Both have two trips to the NCAA and both have one second place and one third place finish in the SEC.  So yes, Little Enos, he does compare to Mike at Arkansas.
Keep dreaming. You lose credibility when you don't add facts. Fox is in his 9th season at Georgia. Hasn't been in the tournament since 2014. I can go on and on

Mr. Porkleone

FCJ waiting for a win on road to say

I Fricking love it. Mike and coaches had this team ready. Beat a great team on road. Blah blah blah blah blah.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Gonzo on February 02, 2018, 07:12:01 pm
Lol. Of course it's my opinion, that's what the board is here for, for folks to share their opinions. And had you read the post to which you responded you would have seen that I do ignore him, along with a slew of other folks on the board. I'm sure I'm on some lists as well. My interaction here is in regards to other posts, some of which are responses to what he has said. Thus some of his comments are still seen.

You have no idea whether I hate MA or not because I have not shared an opinion one way or the other in that regard. For the record, there are VERY few folks anywhere I hate. I feel sorry for you if you see the only way someone might find FCJ offensive is to hate MA. Pretty much the only folks who could do so would be his lackeys or his own alts.

I love to see folks supporting the Hogs and sharing positive opinions of them. There is almost always something about which one can be positive, just as there is almost always something about which one can be concerned.

Sharing one's opinions, either positive or negative, about the team is one thing. Purposely poking in the eye anyone who has the temerity to hold a different view is something else completely. FCJ is one of the leading pokers around here, going far beyond just sharing an opinion. Those who aim to irritate others, both he and many of his detractors included, should not be the least surprised when others respond in kind.

I agree, I'd rather see substantive discussion rather than simple and constant vitriol spewed all over the place. That's why I ignore him, along with many others.

Go Hogs!
And if you had read my post as written, you would have understood I said anyone and not you specifically.  Your words were why I stated that generally and not specific to you.