Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hall and Jones

Started by lynbug, January 20, 2018, 10:03:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

Had breakout games today.  If they can continue to heat up they might become X factors the rest of the way.  We need it and have been waiting for it all season.

3of5-2

I don't know if they had breakout games, but they played very well overall.

ADavisTheGOAT

Hall needs to stay in the starting lineup the rest of the season.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

RedBird5

Prefer Hall & Oates, but guess they will do too...

ChicoHog

Quote from: RedBird5 on January 20, 2018, 10:15:12 pm
I Can Go for That!

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

ParkerSchnabel

One on One I wanna play that game tonight.....

BadHog

Hall was excellent. Made his free throws. CJ seems to be coming out of his slump but we still need more production from him offensively especially on the road. Let's go Hogs and beat GA!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Beaverfever

Jones has had breakout games before.  He can score and the physical tools are there.  He basically has to turn into a star for this team and more importantly for next year's team.  We need more consistent minutes from him and he needs to work on contributing when his jumper isn't falling.  I think that's why Hall is getting regular minutes so quickly.  He can make an impact on the game without taking a shot.  He is an incredible athlete.  You get the feeling the success of next year's team hinges on how these two develop. Both have very high ceilings.

maxhog5

Right now Jones is a one trick pony.  He can come in off the bench and hit a couple of three's or not.  Since conference play started, he has two assists, both in the Auburn game.

hogfanny

Quote from: maxhog5 on January 21, 2018, 01:12:23 am
Right not faow Jones is a one trick pony.  He can come in off the bench and hit a couple of three's or not.  Since conference play started, he has two assists, both in the Auburn game.
He isn't by himself. seems all the shooters can't seem to contribute much when their shots are not falling.

HogBreath

What you need is some adult.................education.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

The_Iceman

Hall shows what you can do with length and good bball IQ. He plays great without the ball and puts himself in position to get easy buckets and garbage points.

Fan701

Hall looks as though he's going to be a real player.  If Garland was supposed to be even better than Hall, then we are really missing out not having him.

razorpimp

Quote from: maxhog5 on January 21, 2018, 01:12:23 am
Right now Jones is a one trick pony.  He can come in off the bench and hit a couple of three's or not.  Since conference play started, he has two assists, both in the Auburn game.

I actually think he might be trying to improve his game a little, I saw him go to the basket a couple of times and he moved inside the three point line that one time to make the long two.

The_Iceman

CJ Jones is a taller and more athletic Anthlon Bell. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

popcornhog

Quote from: lynbug on January 20, 2018, 10:03:13 pm
Had breakout games today.  If they can continue to heat up they might become X factors the rest of the way.  We need it and have been waiting for it all season.

CJ Jones had his breakout games earlier this year. He hit a slump (especially shooting) when we hit league play.

He appeared to break out of that slump last night which is going to be a huge key to the team getting back on track.
WPS

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on January 20, 2018, 10:09:22 pm
Hall needs to stay in the starting lineup the rest of the season.

I have been calling for Hall for a long time. He's a winner plays winning basketball. Just watch him how active he is at every phase of the game. And when he shoots it's always a smart type shot. Honestly he will be a decent shooter IMO.

Jones has tons of athletic ability but he needs to learn some moves toward the basket. Hitting contested 3 pointers only is a tough deal. But he has tools that Beard doesn't have.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Fan701 on January 21, 2018, 07:53:04 am
Hall looks as though he's going to be a real player.  If Garland was supposed to be even better than Hall, then we are really missing out not having him.

Man I hope Garland can get cleared to play. It will be a shame if he never gets to play but i wouldn't take any chances. That kid is smooth and talented. Hall and Garland would have been a good duo. I love that Hall is very aggressive and athletic enough to make things happen.