Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Expectations

Started by Tusks, October 23, 2017, 11:36:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

Paul Finebaum  "but the expectations at Arkansas are 'Have an 8-4 season, maybe win your bowl game and we'll throw you a parade.' At Auburn, 8-4 gets you fired."

I don't think 8-4 should get a coach fired.  But I hate this statement.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Atlhogfan1

Shock jock hyperbole.  Consider his audience too when he said it and the point he was making. 

8-4 should be our norm.  Not our ceiling. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2017, 11:38:54 am

8-4 should be our norm.  Not our ceiling. 

Except that has never been the norm.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogwild

A coach went 6 &6 won the Texas Bowl and got a $30+ million extension.  He was 2-14 in conference play at the time. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2017, 11:36:37 am
Paul Finebaum  "but the expectations at Arkansas are 'Have an 8-4 season, maybe win your bowl game and we'll throw you a parade.' At Auburn, 8-4 gets you fired."

I think this is spot on, we will accept a whole lot of 9-4 seasons, but we won't stand for the 2-10, 3-9, 4-8 seasons we are getting. If a coach came here and had 9-4 average over a decade, that didn't include any absolute disasters, we would build a statue of the man, especially now that Frank is no longer the AD.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogsanity on September 27, 2019, 01:36:22 pm

Still enjoying your week here I see.  Let your exuberance over our loss get the best of you on this one.  Your coach avg 7.5 wins a season over 10 seasons.  Petrino 8.5.  14 seasons in the SEC we avg 8 wins a season.  I would say that had become the norm. 

Not arguing in a 2 year old thread. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Gotdatwood

Why was this brought back from the dead? I don't see the relevance because we're more at the point of someone throwing a parade for a 5 win bowl game.  I haven't thought about 8 wins since that borderline erotic Texas Bowl

seasonhog

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2017, 11:36:37 am

If one don't set the goal high, then we will never get to where we need to be,

When HY said the program is heading in the right direction, I guess his goal is beating CSU ..

Winning 8 games is like a pipe dream...

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogsanity on September 27, 2019, 01:36:22 pm
Take out the past decade and it is pretty damn close.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Gotdatwood on September 27, 2019, 01:42:57 pm
Why was this brought back from the dead? I don't see the relevance because we're more at the point of someone throwing a parade for a 5 win bowl game.  I haven't thought about 8 wins since that borderline erotic Texas Bowl

To take a shot at our program and argue of course. 

Snouty

I'd be happy with 8-4 for the next couple years.