Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seriously, nine guys on the field and no one calls a timeout?

Started by hawgon, October 23, 2017, 08:37:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

Seriously, WTH?  We are a fricking joke.  Honest to goodness we are the worst coached team in the country.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

hawgon

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 23, 2017, 08:40:35 am
Agim was the only one that seemed to notice

I'm not so sure.  I'm not so sure that Agim wasn't doing exactly what he was coached to do in that situation.

Redhogs

That's when I turned the game off for the night (and the season)..Iv'e reached my breaking point. Just a glutton for punishment up till now, my wife quit watching weeks ago...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hawgon

Quote from: Redhogs on October 23, 2017, 08:47:32 am
That's when I turned the game off for the night (and the season)..Iv'e reached my breaking point. Just a glutton for punishment up till now, my wife quit watching weeks ago...

It's oddly entertaining to see just how bad we can be.  I quit caring enough to get mad a long time ago, now I just watch and laugh.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Atlhogfan1

Another thread on this?  We were left with no choice by the officiating crew but to waste a timeout.  It's a flaw in game management that will be addressed soon just as linemen downfield had to be with this type of offense.  In certain other conferences, the ball would not have been made ready for play.  And I'm sure Kirby and Saban will address what they saw on film from this play with the SEC office and game day officials when they play AU.  I would think a timeout would have been called had the officials waited till the marker for the new line of scrimmage been set. 

The AU wr barely got his feet back to the line of scrimmage on the previous play and avoided a lineman downfield call although I don't trust it would have been called anyway.

Our mistake was made well before when we decided we were going to rotate players out after that 3rd down play setting up AU with the opportunity to do this.  I feel really bad for Agim.  Great player who could be starring for a lot of winning programs right now. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RazorPiggie

Redhogs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2017, 08:54:44 am
Another thread on this?  We were left with no choice by the officiating crew but to waste a timeout.  It's a flaw in game management that will be addressed soon just as linemen downfield had to be with this type of offense.  In certain other conferences, the ball would not have been made ready for play.  And I'm sure Kirby and Saban will address what they saw on film from this play with the SEC office and game day officials when they play AU.  I would think a timeout would have been called had the officials waited till the marker for the new line of scrimmage been set. 

The AU wr barely got his feet back to the line of scrimmage on the previous play and avoided a lineman downfield call although I don't trust it would have been called anyway.

Our mistake was made well before when we decided we were going to rotate players out after that 3rd down play setting up AU with the opportunity to do this.  I feel really bad for Agim.  Great player who could be starring for a lot of winning programs right now.
Correct. Saban wanted him bad, bet he wishes he could go back in time and change that decision.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

HawgsPolo

Just another sign that the coaching staff have checked out for the season.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgon on October 23, 2017, 08:37:48 am
Seriously, WTH?  We are a fricking joke.  Honest to goodness we are the worst coached team in the country.
Well in order to correct the error you'd actually have to have a HC or someone else on the sideline that was actually doing some coaching. As others have mentioned we've all seen teams that might be a man short on a play, however, in order to set yet another dubious record we thought we'd "one up" everyone by playing with 9. Then again, with our level of play not sure having the correct number of players would have meant much at all.

smb

Quote from: hawgon on October 23, 2017, 08:37:48 am
I'm obviously disappointed. We had a good week of practice.
GeorgiaHOG

oldman1015

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 23, 2017, 09:29:19 am
Well in order to correct the error you'd actually have to have a HC or someone else on the sideline that was actually doing some coaching. As others have mentioned we've all seen teams that might be a man short on a play, however, in order to set yet another dubious record we thought we'd "one up" everyone by playing with 9. Then again, with our level of play not sure having the correct number of players would have meant much at all.
Evidently the blank stare look is not used while counting.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

hawgon

I'm sure the master of obscure rules and tactics coached his players to fall down and act injured if they needed to stop play instead of burning a timeout.

texhog22

Guys, winning is secondary to coach BB. that was nothing more than an attempt to get back at Malzhan for doing that same thing to us. Only it backfired. He was hoping to cause a distraction and get a debate going with the play by play guys. Petty! only reason it didn't bother me is they would have scored on the next play or two anyway.

Piggfoot

This is all about coaching. Malzahn always goes up tempo after a long gain or first down. They know their assignments. We didn't. We weren't ready for their HUNH offense. Our players were slow getting to the ball. They need to be in shape. Players coming in and going out need to be ready to substitute as soon as they recognize Auburn is going to go HUNH. We can't have a defense looking to the sidelines for advice. We have to have a coach on the field. There is to much substitution and what there is is too slow. Our players don't sprint on and off.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2017, 08:54:44 am

Why is it up to the officiating crew? Auburn ran up to the line of scrimmage with all 11 players who had run the previous play. Arkansas's right DE and nose tackle apparently ran off the field as the screen pass on the previously play was off to the raises to our 15. Why did they come off the field, or where were the subs to replace them? That's the only question here, not anything the officials did. Auburn does this ALL THE TIME. Our sideline was shocked that Auburn runs a hurry up after a big gainer?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Vantage 8 dude

Starts and ends with "attention of the slightest of detail". Nah, someone like Saban doesn't bother with the small stuff. He bothers himself with EVERYTHING....from the most minuet to the largest. Then again, perhaps that's ONE of the reasons he's so successful. Nothing escapes his attention. Then again, he absolutely can't stand losing. Far, far different than our sloppy, undisciplined approach to football.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Jim Harris on October 23, 2017, 11:47:18 am
Why is it up to the officiating crew? Auburn ran up to the line of scrimmage with all 11 players who had run the previous play. Arkansas's right DE and nose tackle apparently ran off the field as the screen pass on the previously play was off to the raises to our 15. Why did they come off the field, or where were the subs to replace them? That's the only question here, not anything the officials did. Auburn does this ALL THE TIME. Our sideline was shocked that Auburn runs a hurry up after a big gainer?

Addressed our fault.  Miss the last paragraph in the post to which you responded?

Absolutely the officials should be questioned.  What is the SEC's stance on the ball being made ready for play?  I've already posted on here the ACC's stance addressed after Petrino voiced concerns over Syracuse doing this same thing.  Yes AU runs the hurry up ALL THE TIME.  No darn.  But there are still officiating procedures in place on when the officials are to allow the ball to be snapped.  In the SEC, is it when the officials are in place?  Is it like the ACC when the "box" is put in place marking the new line of scrimmage?  Is it when the chains are in place? 

Don't worry, I've blamed our coaches.  They deserve it. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Jim Harris

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2017, 12:01:43 pm
Addressed our fault.  Miss the last paragraph in the post to which you responded?

Absolutely the officials should be questioned.  What is the SEC's stance on the ball being made ready for play?  I've already posted on here the ACC's stance addressed after Petrino voiced concerns over Syracuse doing this same thing.  Yes AU runs the hurry up ALL THE TIME.  No darn.  But there are still officiating procedures in place on when the officials are to allow the ball to be snapped.  In the SEC, is it when the officials are in place?  Is it like the ACC when the "box" is put in place marking the new line of scrimmage?  Is it when the chains are in place? 

Don't worry, I've blamed our coaches.  They deserve it. 

gotcha. thanks. It's probably inconsistent between leagues, and between officiating crews. Arkansas tried to go hurry up vs. Alabama with no subs and the officials still let Alabama get players on and off the field a few times that I noticied. Bielema was angry about that as well.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Tusks

Which is worse, letting a team score with 9 players on the field or not knowing your'e scored a TD.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Jim Harris on October 23, 2017, 12:09:53 pm
gotcha. thanks.

When AU snapped the ball, the officials had made it in place but nobody from the sideline crew had made it down yet to mark the line of scrimmage.  The line judge had barely got into position.  I get in end of half or game situations that you need to allow offenses to go as fast as possible.  But what AU or SU do isn't the game of football.  Similar to the linemen downfield thing they exploited.  And I'm not saying it due to injuries.  If Gus were to become our coach, I still don't care for it in the least.   The SEC needs to clarify their stance.  This AU play wasn't just hurry up.  Again, I suspect Kirby and Saban will have a talk with the officials before their AU games. 

We were dumb to not be prepared for it.  AU still would have scored.  Didn't affect the outcome of the game. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Jim Harris on October 23, 2017, 12:09:53 pm
gotcha. thanks. It's probably inconsistent between leagues, and between officiating crews. Arkansas tried to go hurry up vs. Alabama with no subs and the officials still let Alabama get players on and off the field a few times that I noticied. Bielema was angry about that as well.

Sorry for the strong response.  I find it a bit ridiculous though that within our own fan base we won't at least take up a little for our players like Agim when put into that position.  I get it is open season to pile on the coaching staff.