Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TCU has Arkansas game circled . . .

Started by WizardofhOgZ, August 09, 2017, 02:49:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MJ2

They will definitely be ready.   As of today, I expect a close loss to them.  Something like 20-17.

VirginiaHog

Lol. They have losing at KState, but winning at Arkansas?

MuskogeeHogFan

I'm sure TCU is looking forward to having another shot at Arkansas. Figured they would.
Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 09, 2017, 03:00:57 pm
I'm sure TCU is looking forward to having another shot at Arkansas. Figured they would.

This will be good...I think we will get their best effort and it will be a very close game
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Tusks

If the Hog play their game they should win.  I don't see a TCU win unless the Hogs pull a MO/VT
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RyeHogFan

If our Hogs are gonna win, our defense and special teams better find an answer for Kevontae Turpin. Kid had a heck of a game last year

Next1_04

Since we are on the subject. Who will be sitting with their fans other than me and my 6 year old son for his first HOG Game!?? ;D

daBoar

Big game for the Hogs, too.  I bet the Hogs are ready.

Bacons Rebellion

Think about this. TCU blew a fourth quarter lead to ..... ARKANSAS. Of course they have it circled.

bennyl08

Quote from: RyeHogFan on August 09, 2017, 03:29:23 pm
If our Hogs are gonna win, our defense and special teams better find an answer for Kevontae Turpin. Kid had a heck of a game last year

We didn't have a great answer and won last year, at their place.

If TCU wants to win, they better find an answer for Austin Allen.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Deep Shoat

I don't give a crap if they've got it isosceles triangled with stars and hearts, they are going back to Fart Wuff with a big ol' "L" on their record.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Razorbackers

Quote from: VirginiaHog on August 09, 2017, 02:59:54 pm
Lol. They have losing at KState, but winning at Arkansas?

KState has a pretty good shot at winning the conference. Return like, 10 starters off a salty defense and have some talent on offense.

IMABIELEMA

GuvHog

Quote from: RyeHogFan on August 09, 2017, 03:29:23 pm

A lot of that was because the Hog front 7 couldn't get in TCU's backfield so Hill had all day to throw. I have a feeling they'll get to Hill this year.

Special teams will have to play better too.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on August 09, 2017, 03:48:01 pm
Think about this. TCU blew a fourth quarter lead to ..... ARKANSAS. Of course they have it circled.

The Arkansas players still remember those throat slashes by Hill too so I'm sure they have that game circled as well.

Seebs

If they score less than 40 we will win. We will see.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Elvis P Hogg

And I'm sure we have it circled as well it is a marquee game

Tusks

One nice sidebar to this is the article is in the DMN.  Nice coverage in the metroplex, need as much as the Hogs can get.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

247Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on August 09, 2017, 04:34:47 pm
A lot of that was because the Hog front 7 couldn't get in TCU's backfield so Hill had all day to throw. I have a feeling they'll get to Hill this year.

Special teams will have to play better too.

Looking at the picture, we was being held. Maybe a big reason Hill had all day to throw.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

RazrRila99

I just hope we can cover the middle of the field when the QB thinks there's a highway to the end zone.  That burnt us in the TCU game along with several.  There were a few times my 8.3 40 time would have been able to get 10 yards. 

Can't help but think that the 3-4 will help keep the middle of the field from being so wide open. 

RyeHogFan

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 09, 2017, 04:00:13 pm
We didn't have a great answer and won last year, at their place.

If TCU wants to win, they better find an answer for Austin Allen.

Truthfully, Turpin kept them in that game. Without his long receptions over our LBs and his ridiculous returns, we probably win by 2 TDs. In the end, it ended up being too close for comfort. I'd rather corral him in, as well as the QB runs, and send them back to Tejas with a good ol fashioned butt-whoopin rather than giving them a chance to steal a win like they almost did last year.

bennyl08

Quote from: RyeHogFan on August 09, 2017, 05:28:18 pm
Truthfully, Turpin kept them in that game. Without his long receptions over our LBs and his ridiculous returns, we probably win by 2 TDs. In the end, it ended up being too close for comfort. I'd rather corral him in, as well as the QB runs, and send them back to Tejas with a good ol fashioned butt-whoopin rather than giving them a chance to steal a win like they almost did last year.

I would rather that as well. My comment was only on the necessity of containing Turpin for our victory.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RyeHogFan

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 09, 2017, 05:35:43 pm
I would rather that as well. My comment was only on the necessity of containing Turpin for our victory.

It is a necessity. If we try to get into a shootout with them, our chances of winning greatly decrease, since we will be trying to do so with a whole group of inexperienced receivers aside from J-Corn. We very nearly lost that game in large part due to the plays by Turpin. Multiple times in the 2nd half TCU went over the middle to him and then you have his kick return after we tied it late in the 4th that set them up for a potential game-winning FG.

If we let Turpin get loose again like he did in the fourth quarter last year, we could find ourselves on the wrong side of the scoreboard this year.

tampahog

if we'd punched it in when we were up 20-7 and had first and goal at the 3, we win going away.  Instead, we botch our field goal and give them new life.  Definitely agree we have to tackle Turpin though the game against us was really the only big game he had all of last year (over 300 all purpose yards alone).  He didn't do anything against anyone else so hopefully our improved quickness on D and better discipline on special teams neutralizes him

bennyl08

Quote from: RyeHogFan on August 09, 2017, 06:16:32 pm
It is a necessity. If we try to get into a shootout with them, our chances of winning greatly decrease, since we will be trying to do so with a whole group of inexperienced receivers aside from J-Corn. We very nearly lost that game in large part due to the plays by Turpin. Multiple times in the 2nd half TCU went over the middle to him and then you have his kick return after we tied it late in the 4th that set them up for a potential game-winning FG.

If we let Turpin get loose again like he did in the fourth quarter last year, we could find ourselves on the wrong side of the scoreboard this year.

The problem with your assertion is that it is an absolute. Meaning, that I only need a single counterexample to prove it wrong. Doesn't matter if you are correct 9,999 times out of 10,000. When you make the statement absolute, it only needs to happen once to no longer be true at all.

My counter example is last year. We didn't contain him last year, and won at their place. Turpin went for 295 total yards against us. They needed us to miss a fg after having a first and goal at the 2 not to mention being held to a fg after having first and goal just to get the game into overtime. We similarly had a lucky break at the end too, but I'm going off the assumption that the success of Turbin determines the outcome of the game and thus that they had some nice breaks on their end and had a great game from Turbin and still lost makes the assumption that the outcome of the game being determined by Turbin's success seem like a false assumption to me.

A similar example would be Rutgers needing to contain Cobi Hamilton. Guy had over 300 yards receiving that game and we still lost. Turpin could do that to our defense and it is no guarantee of a victory. Final score of that game was 35 to 26 which isn't even really a shoot out.

DLUXHOG

44-23-2 = Hogs historical win record against TCU....  not sure that TCU has ever beaten the Hogs in Fayetteville.   Hogs had a 22 consecutive season winning record over TCU from 1959 - 1980.      Ain't skeered no matter what the Dallas Morning "snooze" has to say....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

theFlyingHog

Al Boarland

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 09, 2017, 04:15:03 pm
I don't give a crap if they've got it isosceles triangled with stars and hearts, they are going back to Fart Wuff with a big ol' "L" on their record.

Circling games is the biggest over-hyped thing in sports. The more talented team usually wins.

Al Boarland

Quote from: RazrRila99 on August 09, 2017, 05:10:06 pm
Can't help but think that the 3-4 will help keep the middle of the field from being so wide open.

Unless we have to blitz to get pressure.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 09, 2017, 07:49:38 pm
Unless we have to blitz to get pressure.
I'm no defensive guru but I think part of the 3-4 is having 4 backers and you usually bring pressure with them. It's kind of understood that 3 down linemen won't get a rush the same as 4 would

EulessHog

TCU will be an excellent test for out D.   If the defense does well, we will win by at least 14.

I think our offense will move thew ball against them.  We have the advantage at quarterback.
Go Hogs Go!

Al Boarland

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 09, 2017, 07:51:13 pm
I'm no defensive guru but I think part of the 3-4 is having 4 backers and you usually bring pressure with them. It's kind of understood that 3 down linemen won't get a rush the same as 4 would

When you blitz you leave open a part of the field. Every system/scheme has weaknesses. It's just a matter of the offense being able to execute.

tophawg19

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 09, 2017, 07:51:13 pm
you just blitz from different positions so the offense is guessing
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: tampahog on August 09, 2017, 06:30:08 pm
if we'd punched it in when we were up 20-7 and had first and goal at the 3, we win going away.  Instead, we botch our field goal and give them new life.  Definitely agree we have to tackle Turpin though the game against us was really the only big game he had all of last year (over 300 all purpose yards alone).  He didn't do anything against anyone else so hopefully our improved quickness on D and better discipline on special teams neutralizes him

That wasn't the only time that happened. By the second half of the season, you could here me say, "Oh no, we have a first and goal at the 2. We are doomed."

RyeHogFan

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on August 09, 2017, 08:31:56 pm
That wasn't the only time that happened. By the second half of the season, you could here me say, "Oh no, we have a first and goal at the 2. We are doomed."

Kind of makes sense why Drew Morgan stretched out the ball trying to score against VT when he fumbled instead of going down inside the 5. 😂

AlmaHog2011

We should be very afraid of the big bad horned froggies..LMAO we should hammer their asses. Paterson gave us zero credit after that game. I don't remember a coach showing less respect for a team after a loss.

Baha bohoo who cares.

DeltaBoy

The Frogs hang for a half and the Hogs grind out a win by 17.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RyeHogFan

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 09, 2017, 08:42:17 pm
We should be very afraid of the big bad horned froggies..LMAO we should hammer their asses. Paterson gave us zero credit after that game. I don't remember a coach showing less respect for a team after a loss.

Baha bohoo who cares.

I would laugh so hard at that short-sleeve turtleneck wearing, feathered hair coming out his visor, goober if we just beat the spit outta them. If our defense has truly improved, I think that will be the case.

Poker_hog

We better be ready to play or it will be a repeat of TT from a couple of years ago.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Al Boarland

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 09, 2017, 08:06:43 pm
you just blitz from different positions so the offense is guessing

Assuming the blitz doesn't get picked up, yeah.

Hoggish1

Quote from: MJ2 on August 09, 2017, 02:58:14 pm
They will definitely be ready.   As of today, I expect a close loss to them.  Something like 20-17.

We gonna wup them frogs

Hoggish1

[/quote]

Yup!

ThisTeetsTaken

Beating an SEC team even a middle of the pack team like us would be the highlight of their upcoming season and they know it.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

nchogg

I don't see them beating us. Mistakes hurt us last year and our Hogs will be very focused this year. They don't know what to expect from our defense. They won't see much in our FL A&M game. I have faith Coach Rhoads will make needed adjustments at halftime like we have not seen in the last 2 years. Not worried about our offense Coach Enos will have a handle on that. Agim has blood in his eyes and is ready to take out a QB. Remember our defense is on a mission.

GuvHog

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 09, 2017, 09:09:35 pm
Assuming the blitz doesn't get picked up, yeah.

In the 3-4 defense, the blitzes are disguised so that the offense doesn't know which direction the blitz is coming from. It's difficult for the QB to read. It will force Hill to use his noggin as well as his arm and legs.

nwahogfan1

TT took revenge on us at our place. Humbled us. Surely we will not allow this again. If we want to be a consistent top 20 team again we have to protect our house in these 50\50 games. 

theFlyingHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 10, 2017, 08:36:27 am
TT took revenge on us at our place. Humbled us. Surely we will not allow this again. If we want to be a consistent top 20 team again we have to protect our house in these 50\50 games.
Why does everyone keep referring to TT? Hill ain't no Mahomes

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 09, 2017, 08:56:14 pm
We better be ready to play or it will be a repeat of TT from a couple of years ago.
I had that game as a W.  I thought we would run all over they's arses. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 10, 2017, 08:37:48 am
Why does everyone keep referring to TT? Hill ain't no Mahomes

I am not trying to compare rosters but comparing situations.   TCU wants revenge.  We stole a game down there and they want to steal a game up at our place.

If we want to move up in the eyes of the national media is time we win these games is what I am saying.