Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good start to soccer season

Started by psycHOGlogist, August 23, 2016, 08:24:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

The Hogs went 2-0 on a road trip to James Madison this past weekend, beating JMU 4-3 in double overtime (in a crazy game - JMU scored twice in the 89th minute of regulation to tie a game we'd been leading 3-1, but we came back and won in extra time), and then coming from behind to beat VCU 2-1. Stefani Doyle scored two goals against JMU and one against VCU, earning SEC FOW for her trouble. She looks like she will be living up to the hype (she spent some time with the U19 National Team this summer on their trip to New Zealand (they were undefeated, and she got some starts: http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016/06/21/13/13/160621-u19wnt-defeats-new-zealand-u20wnt-4-1-to-go-unbeaten-in-three-games-down-under). Easily Hale's most blue-chip recruit since he's been here. And there are some other very strong young players in the program. He's got this program on what appears to be a very solid, upward trajectory. Will be interesting to follow them.

Next match is Friday night - hosting #3 Duke. They're trying to break the all-time attendance record, so think about checking out the game if you're local!!

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ricepig

The girls defeat #2 Duke 2-1 before a record crowd of 3010 tonight.

HamIAm

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

psycHOGlogist

2-0 win over UMKC tonight to open the season 4-0. Very nice start, and a pretty dominating win tonight.