Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perry to the Hogs!!! (Perry quotes added)

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, August 17, 2016, 12:54:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

"UNDER THE LEADERSHIP OF COACH MIKE ANDERSON" !!! Suck it haters, we're building something.

The_Iceman

Who does he compare to? I don't think we've had a player like that at his level. Portis was taller, but I can see some comparison there. Much better outside game than Derek Hood, but Hood had Qualls like dunking power.

Hawg Red

All of these in-state kids are going to go down as heroes. We'll be talking about them in 20 years as the kids who turned this program around. We finally have kids coming up who understand what it means to be a Razorback and want to live that dream. We thought we had lost that and it was a horrible feeling/sight to see highly-rated kids go elsewhere in the SEC. It looks like that won't be happening anytime soon and it feels amazing.

hogwood

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 17, 2016, 08:25:07 pm
Who does he compare to? I don't think we've had a player like that at his level. Portis was taller, but I can see some comparison there. Much better outside game than Derek Hood, but Hood had Qualls like dunking power.

Ingram seems to think he is a lot like Joe Johnson.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogwood on August 17, 2016, 08:33:05 pm
Ingram seems to think he is a lot like Joe Johnson.

Joe had such a sweet stroke and from deep.. not sure I see that,  I think he's closer to the rim in his game than Joe..  young Kevin Durant type or Ben Simmons..  I do think his stroke looks good and maybe one day will be compared to JJ, maybe..

RealHog

He looks like a very powerfully built forward, who can put the ball on the floor and mix it up down low in the post and crash the boards. He seems to have a very similar body type to Nigel Hayes from Wisconsin, a versatile SF/PF type. That age and a solid 200+ that can really run and jump, this guy is no joke. Hogs are going to be loaded.

King Kong

I would say he compares to a pre acl tear Marshawn Powell in terms of strong inside and outside game, an explosive leaper that is kind of a tweener as how he transitions to the next level that can play the 3 and the 4.

King Kong

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2q71K9CCo8g"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The_Iceman

Quote from: King Kong on August 17, 2016, 09:18:22 pm
I would say he compares to a pre acl tear Marshawn Powell in terms of strong inside and outside game, an explosive leaper that is kind of a tweener as how he transitions to the next level that can play the 3 and the 4.

Powell was about 6'6". Perry looks like a solid 6'8", with room to grow.

The Joe Johnson comparison is way off to me. Joe was a 6'7" true shooting guard, with a smoothness in his handles that translated in the half court. Don't think Perry has that kind of potential as a guard.

BigSexyHog

Welcome to the hogs!!!!  Like hearing this good news
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ShadowHawg

Think of Chris Webber as a frosh at Michigan.Long, strong, agile, out in front on the break, not a lot of layups when point blank at the rim,  and can shoot the 3 with enough space.

King Kong

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 17, 2016, 09:47:58 pm
Powell was about 6'6". Perry looks like a solid 6'8", with room to grow.

The Joe Johnson comparison is way off to me. Joe was a 6'7" true shooting guard, with a smoothness in his handles that translated in the half court. Don't think Perry has that kind of potential as a guard.

My Powell comparison is more to his skill set. Powell may very be truly be 6'6" but I've mostly seen him listed as 6'7" or 6'8". Perry to me looks kind of in that same window but it's hard tell and it is certainly possible he can grow before before he plays for Arkansas.

That 2 inch growth spurt BP had between his Freshman and Soph. Season IMO is what probably took him from a 4 year college player to a First Rounder.

The_Iceman

WholeHogsports lists him as 6'10" 225lb in their most recent article.

King Kong

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 18, 2016, 09:52:20 am
WholeHogsports lists him as 6'10" 225lb in their most recent article.

Excellent news if that's the case also greatly improves his NBA chances.

rzrbackramsfan

HognitiveDissonance

hogwood

Perry cracked the updated ESPN 60 at #31, 4* with an 89 rating - so almost a 5*. Listed at 6'10" 225.

passinghog

Quote from: hogwood on August 26, 2016, 04:40:02 pm
Perry cracked the updated ESPN 60 at #31, 4* with an 89 rating - so almost a 5*. Listed at 6'10" 225.

Barring injury, he's going to end up a 5 star, and an easy one at that. I'll spill the beans and hopefully not jinx him; his game reminds me of Kevin Garnett, especially if he can get a slightly higher release point on his jumper. He's the dream type of big man for our system.