Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So many people are more angry about the 1pt win because...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 04, 2017, 07:41:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

They honestly believe that it saved his job or he would be fired tonight.

You allowed posters opinions WITH ABSOLUTELY NO INSIGHT to what was going on behind the scenes to become fact.

When was the last time a Arkansas coach was fired with 3 games left in the season???

Obviously the writing is on the wall and most including me would be shocked if he were retained but some of you won't allow the process to play out and the Anti-Jeff Long post are spilling over into the Jump all forum.

Personally I want our current 2018 recruit's to stick to their verbal commitments and also prospective coaching candidate's to see the potential in our gladiators on the field.

Keep in mind were going to be competing against Florida and most likely Texas A&M, Tennessee & Ole Miss for a a big name coach. That's just the SEC.

It's actually more appealing the less work they may have to do to turn the program around. At the end of the day we still have to sell the program to a prospective hire, so what does trashing the player's & AD (who's doing the interviewing) really accomplish???

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Matt Burks

There's a coach right now who is a hot commodity and who wants this job. The change needs to be made.

buldozer

I'm thrilled the kids squeaked out a win. That said, CBB should have been fired on the field and sent home. He is done. The university knows it, the kids know it, the fans know it and the donors know it. It's time to rip the bandaid off and get to work recovering this team from despair.

NuttinItUp

moses_007

Quote from: Dropkick on November 04, 2017, 07:49:57 pm
No, I think everyone is pissed that our program is in the sh!tter after nearly 5 years of CBFB
And will be totally flushed down the toilet the next three games.........

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 04, 2017, 07:45:21 pm
There's a coach right now who is a hot commodity and who wants this job. The change needs to be made.

I'm sure it's happening behind the scenes

tophawg19

This is the main difference between us and the Florida class teams . They just fired a coach coming off back to back SEC east titles . We can't fire a coach who is at maybe 30% winning rate . Winning does matter to them. We are a slow , poorly conditioned team who gets pushed around on both LOS by lesser talented players
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

sickboy

There's nothing stopping us from lining that up behind the scenes.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 04, 2017, 07:56:18 pm
This is the main difference between us and the Florida class teams . They just fired a coach coming off back to back SEC east titles . We can't fire a coach who is at maybe 30% winning rate . Winning does matter to them. We are a slow , poorly conditioned team who gets pushed around on both LOS by lesser talented players

Assuming you want a current coach who has a successful win/loss record now....is he going to quite his job and assume coaching duties next weekend or late December/January????

You DO NOT let a recruiting class of 14-15 hang in limbo for almost 8 weeks until a hire is made official.

The state of Florida (Gators) & Texas (Aggie's) is loaded with so much talent you can assemble a top 20 class from scratch in 3 weeks. Jan-Feb 5th.

Now if you can without a doubt announce the Offensive or Defensive Coordinator at Clemson/Alabama etc..  as the successor early your 2018 class will fall apart by Thanksgiving.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Dropkick on November 04, 2017, 07:49:57 pm
No, I think everyone is pissed that our program is in the sh!tter after nearly 5 years of CBFB

This
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jgphillips3

Don't worry about it.  LSU will beat the ever loving S@#t out of us next week.  Then MSU will rape our skulls and we'll be limping into Bert's final game as Arkansas' coach.  If it's not, it will be the end of Jeff Long.  No one can deny how pathetic our program is now.  It's just a matter of time.

phadedhawg

The high from firing the coach will wear off quicker than you all realize.  Annoying everyone for your coach is fixed fix won't make it come any faster. 

The season is almost over. 

online-with-swine

We simply do not trust Jeff Long to do what looks obvious to everyone else.

Poker_hog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 04, 2017, 08:10:51 pm
Assuming you want a current coach who has a successful win/loss record now....is he going to quite his job and assume coaching duties next weekend or late December/January????

You DO NOT let a recruiting class of 14-15 hang in limbo for almost 8 weeks until a hire is made official.

The state of Florida (Gators) & Texas (Aggie's) is loaded with so much talent you can assemble a top 20 class from scratch in 3 weeks. Jan-Feb 5th.

Now if you can without a doubt announce the Offensive or Defensive Coordinator at Clemson/Alabama etc..  as the successor early your 2018 class will fall apart by Thanksgiving.

Yeah let's let protecting that 63rd rank recruiting class dictate our decision making.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Qbackinman

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 04, 2017, 08:30:33 pm
Don't worry about it.  LSU will beat the ever loving S@#t out of us next week.  Then MSU will rape our skulls and we'll be limping into Bert's final game as Arkansas' coach.  If it's not, it will be the end of Jeff Long.  No one can deny how pathetic our program is now.  It's just a matter of time.
Then Missouri will hang 45 on Hogs. Ark defense won't stop that offense.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Poker_hog on November 04, 2017, 08:43:41 pm
Yeah let's let protecting that 63rd rank recruiting class dictate our decision making.

Dude you can easily go from 63rd tov133rd in a blink of a eye with a small class.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Boardon Hamsay

And you think this coach would leave his current gig with games left to come here? Seems to me you just need some patience and a little expectations management.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 04, 2017, 07:41:23 pm

They honestly believe that it saved his job or he would be fired tonight.

You allowed posters opinions WITH ABSOLUTELY NO INSIGHT to what was going on behind the scenes to become fact.

When was the last time a Arkansas coach was fired with 3 games left in the season???

Obviously the writing is on the wall and most including me would be shocked if he were retained but some of you won't allow the process to play out and the Anti-Jeff Long post are spilling over into the Jump all forum.

Personally I want our current 2018 recruit's to stick to their verbal commitments and also prospective coaching candidate's to see the potential in our gladiators on the field.

Keep in mind were going to be competing against Florida and most likely Texas A&M, Tennessee & Ole Miss for a a big name coach. That's just the SEC.

It's actually more appealing the less work they may have to do to turn the program around. At the end of the day we still have to sell the program to a prospective hire, so what does trashing the player's & AD (who's doing the interviewing) really accomplish???

Ouch...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.