Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My October prediction pretty much nailed this season.

Started by oldbooniehog, March 16, 2018, 05:20:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbooniehog

Hate it all you want, but my October prediction pretty much nailed this basketball season.

The only things I missed by even a little are as follows:

Arkansas was ranked, for exactly ONE week out of the season. But that's because the rankings come out only once a week. Arkansas got blown out just a day or two after getting ranked, and never got back in.

You can argue that a 7 seed isn't that "low" of a seed. But it's not exactly a high seed, either.

Except for those two little things, my prediction nailed pretty much everything else.

And it was easy to do, as I've seen this play out for many years now.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=645364.msg11068746#msg11068746

Quote from: oldbooniehog on October 27, 2017, 07:30:34 pm
Lots of hype for the Hoop Hogs. Lots of folks excited.

Because this is the Arkansas Razorbacks, and I have repeatedly learned my lesson, here are my real expectations.

Hogs will be mildly disappointing.  Not consistent. Good enough to get hopes up a few times during the season, but not good enough to deliver on those hopes.

Won't be ranked. Will be low seed and early out in NCAA tournament, that is if they make the field of 66 or whatever it is now.

Won't gel together well. There will be maddening, inexplicable losses in what should be sure wins.

There will be a few wins they should not get, but somehow will anyway.

Will not win the SEC title, neither regular season nor conference tournament.

Boardon Hamsay

Skandar Jackson is a much better prognosticator. You did okay though. Skandar just is to prognosticating what twist is to concessions discussions.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

woo.pig

That's not a prediction... That is a bunch of broad statements about a team we've watch do the same thing for years. Good job though... pat yourself on the back

pigture perfect

I can't argue. You got hated on quite a bit. But you were pretty much correct.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: oldbooniehog on March 16, 2018, 05:20:08 pm
Hate it all you want, but my October prediction pretty much nailed this basketball season.

Arkansas was ranked, for exactly ONE week out of the season. But that's because the rankings come out only once a week. Arkansas got blown out just a day or two after getting ranked, and never got back in.

You can argue that a 7 seed isn't that "low" of a seed. But it's not exactly a high seed, either.

Except for those two little things, my prediction nailed pretty much everything else.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=645364.msg11068746#msg11068746
pretty good post for somebody who doesn't know how many teams are in the field
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

oldbooniehog

Quote from: woo.pig on March 16, 2018, 05:23:24 pm
That's not a prediction... That is a bunch of broad statements about a team we've watch do the same thing for years. Good job though... pat yourself on the back

woo.pig, THANK YOU for making my point.

Again.....still......

oldbooniehog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 16, 2018, 05:23:34 pm
pretty good post for somebody who doesn't know how many teams are in the field

Burns you up I was right, don't it?

HogBreath

Quote from: oldbooniehog on March 16, 2018, 05:20:08 pm

Thanks for sharing that Old Boonie, obviously you're very smart and a swell guy.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

SPAL

You couldn't wait to get on here and post this could you?

Oliver

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 16, 2018, 05:31:55 pm
You couldn't wait to get on here and post this could you?

Gonna hate on someone for being right? 

I'd direct your hate elsewhere

oldbooniehog

BannerMountainMan.

In my defense, the LAST TIME that Hog fans had any real reason to pay close attention to the NCAA Tournament, it was the Field of 64, and no more.

The OTR

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on March 16, 2018, 05:23:22 pm
Skandar Jackson is a much better prognosticator. You did okay though. Skandar just is to prognosticating what twist is to concessions discussions.

Bad as I hate to pat myself on the back I must agree. 

Your October "prediction" was not even remotely specific.  Hate to be so negative on St. Patrick's day of all days. 

Pretty weak in my opinion.  Any fool could give the same vague prediction...and many have.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 17, 2018, 12:39:02 pm
Bad as I hate to pat myself on the back I must agree. 

Your October "prediction" was not even remotely specific.  Hate to be so negative on St. Patrick's day of all days. 

Pretty weak in my opinion.  Any fool could give the same vague prediction...and many have.
Don't look back, he may be gaining on you.

The OTR

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 17, 2018, 12:49:07 pm
Don't look back, he may be gaining on you.

I've forgotten more about vague non specific predictions than this guy will evee know.  And nobody pats themselves on the back for more of those types of predictions than me. 

He's so far behind I can't even see him.