Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats, Mike!

Started by Wayne Watson, July 28, 2016, 01:04:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Watson

Razorback Nation Sports Anchor Mike Irwin will be inducted into the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Silver Circle.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/razorback-nations-mike-irwin-inducted-into-natas-silver-circle
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

ricepig

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Großer Kriegschwein

they must have listened to his Marcus Monk tirade on the radio. T'was epic and worthy of enshrinement into something.
This is my non-signature signature.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

FANONTHEHILL

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hawgey-Davidson

Congratulations Mike! Well deserved.

riccoar

go hogues

Congrats and well deserved.

Whenever he's in one of his phases of posting here, his posts are appointment reading.

His investigation and knowledge of the 2005-'07 Springdale saga is unmatched.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

supersaint

Impressive !   Congrats!

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wayne Watson on July 28, 2016, 01:04:14 pm
Razorback Nation Sports Anchor Mike Irwin will be inducted into the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Silver Circle.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/razorback-nations-mike-irwin-inducted-into-natas-silver-circle

Congrats Mike! Well deserved! Now for that book. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

GolfnHog

Well earned and a far distance from those South Plains cotton fields!!!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

BorderPatrol

gmarv

congrats Mike. well deserved.

Vantage 8 dude

Appropriate recognition of his professionalism and hard work. A nice guy getting his proper due.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hog N Bama

Congrats Mike!! Well deserved.

TheRazorback500

Congratulations Mr. Irwin. Woopig.

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Mike Irwin

Thanks everybody. I don't know anybody at the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (sounds important) so I don't know how they came up with my name but I'll take it. It's a lot better than winning an award for sucking at your job.  ;D

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 28, 2016, 07:40:12 pm
Thanks everybody. I don't know anybody at the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (sounds important) so I don't know how they came up with my name but I'll take it. It's a lot better than winning an award for sucking at your job.  ;D

Ha! True. Congrats. Well deserved. Always enjoy your TV/Radio insight into the program.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

JRHoward

Congratulations Mr. Irwin!  You are appreciated!   :razorback:  Woo Pig!
Woooo Pig!

SamBuckhart

Congrats!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Hoggam's Razor

Congrats Mike.  I always follow your posts here and view them as breath of reality when it comes to this forum!  Keep it up!
I hate it when people complain.

Dugann

Mike is to me one of the voices when I hear him talk I tune, stop, and listen.  Love what he brings to every venue.  Go MIKE
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Tejano Jawg

Well done Mike. And well deserved.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

lechon

That honor goes to Houston Dale Nutt..
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Mike_e

What took them so long?

Congrats Mike!
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

ChitownHawg

As a journalist you cut through the bull and report the facts. Even when it maybe painful. That to me is the most important aspect of your career. You are a journalist first and foremost.

Congrats Mike!
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

oldbear

So few "journalists" today actually report facts. They seem to believe it is their job to advance whatever the agenda of their network. Mike is one that will just tell the truth as he believes it to be. I wish they would clone him. Well deserved honor.

ifghog

Hog N Bama

Hope it's not a typo  ???

Pulled(PP)pork

at your induction ceremony, mention Pulledpork, in some capacity.

Congrats Iron Mike!

PP

Dwight_K_Shrute

Just another example of someone moving to NWA and flourishing.  It is truly God's country.

And while I don't always agree with Mike, I do appreciate the fact he gives his honest opinion, and shares as much as he can about situations, and there's no agenda there, it's just here's what I think or here is what happened or what I was told.  He's not doing it to generate clicks, gain favor, or make anyone look good or bad. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The Kig

I don't know anybody at the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (sounds important)

I literally had diet Mt Dew come out of my nose laughing when I read that. 

Congrats regardless. One of these days you will ALSO win a much more prestigious award.
Poker Porker

cosmodrum

Those trophies are called "pink slips."

Congrats, Mike.
Go away, batin'

PorcineSublime

Congrats on the  award, but those of who have relied on you for years to get to the truth already knew you were HOF level. This just confirms it. Great job.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Jackrabbit Hog

'bout time, you old dog.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

pigture perfect

Great work earns great rewards. Congrats Mike.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Overtheroadtruckdriver

July 30, 2016, 07:33:59 pm #41 Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:36:56 pm by OTR
Well deserved.  Instead of high hatting us like I would if I won a reward Iron Mike will be back in here mixing it up with the blasingames, Vonners, hamseys, and know it all truck drivers just like a normal man.  That's why the man deserves a trophy on hogville, too.  Or a forum named after him.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Great going, Mike!

Always been a fan.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Overtheroadtruckdriver

My favorite memory of Mike is one time during basketball season a few years ago we shot something like 1 for 20 from three point line.  It was an atrocious percentage.  OTR historians can probably find the thread and the exact percentage and over what period of time we shot so poorly.  I posted that if I had taken 20 shots that I was sure I could make more than 1 shot.  I don't even remember if it was three pointers or not.  And seems like it was 1 for 25 or 4%.  Mike quickly informed me that I could not make 1 out of 25 (I still think I could) and I learned quickly Iron mike Irwin asks no quarter and gives no quarter. 

I wish I had a better memory or I wish we had a search function in hogville to dredge this one back up.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Augustus

Congrats to you, Mike! You definitely deserve this!
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

DeltaBoy

Props to Mike Irwin. Well deserved honor.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ke2743