Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Silly Season drawing to a close.....

Started by gawntrail, July 28, 2016, 07:33:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gawntrail

Regardless of any lame off-season discussion that might be dark.  Whether worry or concern shows more than optimism and confidence....

I am getting FIRED UP!!!!!

I feel like a kid counting down to Christmas.  38 days to kickoff.  We're starting clean, 0-0, just like everybody else, and the sky is the limit. 

WOO! PIG! SOOOOOOOOOIEEEEEE!!!

CFB and HOG FB cannot get here fast enough.

TXArcher

I view it as only a few days away, practice starts next week, and the practice reports!

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: TXArcher on July 28, 2016, 09:52:12 am
I view it as only a few days away, practice starts next week, and the practice reports!

We will miss UU's practice reports.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

ZERO

I wish UU would post more often. He doesn't have to attend practice to post.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

goodguytex

Silly season just getting started in the politics forum. Thank God football season is almost here. We need some sanity to our lives that only Football and MMQB can give...  ;) ;D

RedyorNot

Quote from: goodguytex on July 28, 2016, 10:14:58 am
Silly season just getting started in the politics forum. Thank God football season is almost here. We need some sanity to our lives that only Football and MMQB can give...  ;) ;D

Well said!

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: goodguytex on July 28, 2016, 10:14:58 am
I agree.  If there is one thing that our country that people can find common ground and be unified in, it is football (High School, College, NFL).  There is a lot of money spent (some may think it is money wasted) on these sporting events, but it is something that so many people can find a common interest in.  We need common interest in our communities, states, country.  I'm ready!!

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: ZERO on July 28, 2016, 10:13:17 am

Agreed. He always has a refreshing take on all things Razorback. Hope things are going well in his recent ministry opportunity.

goodguytex

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on July 28, 2016, 11:07:53 am
I agree.  If there is one thing that our country that people can find common ground and be unified in, it is football (High School, College, NFL).  There is a lot of money spent (some may think it is money wasted) on these sporting events, but it is something that so many people can find a common interest in.  We need common interest in our communities, states, country.  I'm ready!!
Yup, I'm with you there. Just everything about fall I love. Cooler weather, hunting season, kids back to school, mountains and trees of some of the most beautiful in the country in the great state of Arkansas start changing colors, football, all of it. I'm counting down the days impatiently.

The NewEra

Quote from: gawntrail on July 28, 2016, 07:33:32 am
Regardless of any lame off-season discussion that might be dark.  Whether worry or concern shows more than optimism and confidence....

I am getting FIRED UP!!!!!

I feel like a kid counting down to Christmas.  38 days to kickoff.  We're starting clean, 0-0, just like everybody else, and the sky is the limit. 

WOO! PIG! SOOOOOOOOOIEEEEEE!!!

CFB and HOG FB cannot get here fast enough.

I'm this way every year.  I thought the enthusiasm would diminish a bit as I got older, but with Coach B building this program the right way and seeing better talent and depth each year I'm just as bad, if not worse that I was many years ago.  I can't wait!  For me, the real anticipation is for game two at TCU.  Everything before that feels like pre-season.  We must start strong this year.  If we do then it will be hard to buy tickets for any home games.  I love seeing the stadium at capacity and the energy that comes with it.  This entire year has the potential to be ELECTRIC because of the way the schedule lays out with all of the great home games.

The NewEra

Quote from: goodguytex on July 28, 2016, 11:15:59 am
Yup, I'm with you there. Just everything about fall I love. Cooler weather, hunting season, kids back to school, mountains and trees of some of the most beautiful in the country in the great state of Arkansas start changing colors, football, all of it. I'm counting down the days impatiently.

Totally agree.  All of the above.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: TXArcher on July 28, 2016, 09:52:12 am

Praise Jesus. I didn't think it would ever end.
This is my non-signature signature.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: ZERO on July 28, 2016, 10:13:17 am

He could just make it up. It's not like we would know any better and it would give us some things to worry and fret about and some things to be overconfident about.

nchogg

Talked to an LSU fan in Florida yesterday and he loves miles and his record and thinks they will win the SEC. He felt like they could beat us this year and I said we will see. He also said his brother is one of the fans that want Miles head if he does not win the SEC this year. So be it. Today I worked in Alabama and the fans there did not know if the Tide would win the west or not, they will wait to see how the season progresses. They also said they don't look forward to the Arkansas game because for two years in a row we were one play from beating them and the game was soooo physical. The media my not give us any love but fans from other SEC teams are worried about us. They also can't understand the hype for TN.

hawginbigd1

So much optimism yet so many days left.....ughhhh!

I tell you we got so much to look forward to on offense, but . With the Taylor addition I just can't help but think about all the great packages RS can put together. Wise may be playing inside in pass packages. Rush ends, almost seem limitless options, Sosa, Taylor, Graham, Ramsey and others. So much speed and strength along the front. I can see a a front of Sosa, Ledbetter, Wise, and Taylor pinning their ears back and devouring QBs. In Dime packages you can also bring Greenlaw or Ramsey in on a green dog if the back stays in. I have a feeling our secondary is going to look a lot better even if they haven't actually gotten better because RS is going to be more aggressive with all the tools he has to work with.

Pigsknuckles

July 29, 2016, 09:41:05 am #15 Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:51:06 am by Pigsknuckles
Quote from: nchogg on July 28, 2016, 05:05:14 pm
Talked to an LSU fan in Florida yesterday and he loves miles and his record and thinks they will win the SEC. He felt like they could beat us this year and I said we will see. He also said his brother is one of the fans that want Miles head if he does not win the SEC this year. So be it. Today I worked in Alabama and the fans there did not know if the Tide would win the west or not, they will wait to see how the season progresses. They also said they don't look forward to the Arkansas game because for two years in a row we were one play from beating them and the game was soooo physical. The media my not give us any love but fans from other SEC teams are worried about us. They also can't understand the hype for TN.

Les Miles is 27-4 following a loss. Guess who is the "4"? :)
I will be pulling for Bama over LSU.