Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helmet/Uniform image request?

Started by HogFanInBryant, July 24, 2016, 08:02:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

July 24, 2016, 08:02:30 pm Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:06:57 pm by HogFanInBryant
I know some of the folks in here have some pretty cool software to make images of different uniform mixes and matches.  Does anyone have an image of what the white helmet with red Hog, red jerseys, and red pants would look like?  I know we've never worn that mix but it'd be pretty cool IMHO.  Thanks and WPS!

theFlyingHog

Have we ever worn red pants with white jerseys?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 24, 2016, 08:23:50 pm

1978 against Texas in Austin.

Andrew Hogfan

7 overtime game vs ole miss
WPS!!!

Dr. Starcs

Why didnt we wear those throwbacks last year that we wore against bama in '14? 

Those were sweet.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 24, 2016, 08:49:05 pm

Those were sweet.
Agreed.  Those were pretty fresh.

Dr. Starcs

Now that I think about it, it may just have been a 50 year anniversary thing for the '64 team.

But I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them again.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 24, 2016, 08:55:07 pm
Now that I think about it, it may just have been a 50 year anniversary thing for the '64 team.

It was a one time deal, although I hear they plan on breaking them out again in 2064.

Dr. Starcs

factchecker

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 24, 2016, 08:55:07 pm

I'm not sure if Adidas holds a copyright but I would like to see these again:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogFanInBryant

The last time I remember was when we got destroyed at Alabama in BB's first year I think?

factchecker

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on July 24, 2016, 09:06:08 pm
The last time I remember was when we got destroyed at Alabama in BB's first year I think?

I think you are right.  We have gone the more traditional white bottom/white top/red lids for away games recently:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: factchecker on July 24, 2016, 09:05:15 pm

They are sharp but a little too "Oklahoma-ish"...

Dr. Starcs

Since Oklahoma was brought up, their unis against West Virginia last year were the best I'd seen in a while.

At least until we showed those chrome helmets in the bowl game.

AugustaHog

I'm hoping the chrome helmets make it out at least a couple times this year.  It looked really good, which I was surprised by.  I liked the matte initially, but am growing tired of them now.  The chrome could break that up a little.

razorback44

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on July 24, 2016, 09:38:13 pm
They are sharp but a little too "Oklahoma-ish"...

Well Oklahoma got their classic uniform from Arkansas so essentially they're a little too Arkansas-ish.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Inhogswetrust

We are a few weeks away from the start of the season and you guys still want to talk about what uniforms you like..................good grief the season can't start soon enough.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

all in all uniform discussion has been tame this offseason compared to previous years...
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

GuvHog

Quote from: factchecker on July 24, 2016, 09:17:26 pm
I think you are right.  We have gone the more traditional white bottom/white top/red lids for away games recently:

Last year the Hogs wore the white Helmets with the white uniforms during the regular season for most of the away games (except for the LSU game) but had red chrome looking helmets for the Liberty Bowl.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on July 25, 2016, 09:07:22 am
Last year the Hogs wore the white Helmets with the white uniforms during the regular season for most of the away games (except for the LSU game) but had red chrome looking helmets for the Liberty Bowl.

Go ahead and find me a picture of Arkansas wearing a white helmet last year against Tennessee, Bama, or Ole Miss, lol.

GBHawg

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on July 24, 2016, 08:02:30 pm
I know some of the folks in here have some pretty cool software to make images of different uniform mixes and matches.  Does anyone have an image of what the white helmet with red Hog, red jerseys, and red pants would look like?  I know we've never worn that mix but it'd be pretty cool IMHO.  Thanks and WPS!

This is from a thread on HV many years ago where I posted a few different ideas.

010HogFan

This is what we need to go back to. End of thread.

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

H&D

Quote from: razorback44 on July 25, 2016, 12:24:06 am
Well Oklahoma got their classic uniform from Arkansas so essentially they're a little too Arkansas-ish.

Tell yourself that all you want, but outside of our state, nobody associates that uniform with us....
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

010HogFan

Quote from: H&D on July 25, 2016, 11:05:09 am
Tell yourself that all you want, but outside of our state, nobody associates that uniform with us....

who cares? If you want people to associate it with us all you have to do is wear it lol...it's the best looking uniform we've ever had and would look even better if Nike were to replicate it with stitched numbers

woodhog14

We wore red helmets in every game last year. Home and away.

2014 we wore white helmets for away games against Auburn, aTm, State and Texas Tech.

woodhog14

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on July 24, 2016, 08:02:30 pm

We did wear our white helmet and red top against Rutgers in 2012. Not a good look IMHO.

TheBigGriffkowski

Quote from: woodhog14 on July 25, 2016, 11:41:33 am
We did wear our white helmet and red top against Rutgers in 2012. Not a good look IMHO.

Ehh, that looks horrible.

woodhog14

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on July 25, 2016, 11:45:30 am
Ehh, that looks horrible.

Agreed.

That was the only time they have worn white helmet with red tops. I think most people thought it was a bad look.

hobhog

GuvHog

Quote from: woodhog14 on July 25, 2016, 11:29:48 am
We wore red helmets in every game last year. Home and away.

2014 we wore white helmets for away games against Auburn, aTm, State and Texas Tech.

Yep, I got the 2 years confused. My bad.

I do like it when they wear the white helmets with solid red hogs occasionally but I didn't like those white helmets the Hogs wore in 2012. That white Hog outlined in red looked tacky to me.

clutch

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 24, 2016, 08:49:05 pm

Those were sweet.

Those were just a one time deal, but I wish they'd bring them back once a year. Those were probably my favorite uniform we've worn. They looked great.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on July 25, 2016, 12:27:19 pm
Yep, I got the 2 years confused. My bad.

I do like it when they wear the white helmets with solid red hogs occasionally but I didn't like those white helmets the Hogs wore in 2012. That white Hog outlined in red looked tacky to me.

Tacky? Players were sticking to the helmets?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Boardon Hamsay

This would be a great time to reintroduce Hogville to the War Damn Mockingbird unis.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on July 25, 2016, 10:59:32 am
We're going all black this year

We should at least do this for the WMS game
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

factchecker

Really?  Here is every away game last season----

at Tennessee:

at Alabama:

at Ole Miss:

at LSU (all red combo):

Liberty Bowl (white/white/ red chrome):

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Coach Bielema is kinda superstitious about jersey combos.  That is one of the reasons we wore the all reds AT Mizzou in 2014 (after beating LSU and Ole Miss in that combo).

When we kicked the ever loving cow piss out of Texas we were wearing the white bottom/white top/red lid combo.  Seems like since then we've wore that combo for away games..... except for LSU because they wear white at home. 

Heck, the first teamers even wore that combo in the Spring game this year:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: GBHawg on July 25, 2016, 10:13:26 am
This is from a thread on HV many years ago where I posted a few different ideas.

Thank you...this is pure awesomeness!  Count me in for white lids on top of all red!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: factchecker on July 25, 2016, 01:20:45 pm
Really?  Here is every away game last season----

at Tennessee:

at Alabama:

at Ole Miss:

at LSU (all red combo):

Liberty Bowl (white/white/ red chrome):

I applaud the effort that went into this post to prove something that was corrected about five posts before this.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hobhog on July 25, 2016, 12:08:14 pm
Helmets need to be red. Period.

I like a solid white helmet with a red hog.
I wouldn't want it to replace the red though, just an alternate....Maybe as the away game helmet.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

FreshHog

That red chrome helmet is one of my all time favorites. That helmet looks SWEEEEEET.

Looks like a brand new sports car for your head. Woo pig!

lahawg1

Quote from: hobhog on July 25, 2016, 12:08:14 pm
Helmets need to be red. Period.

I agree, go back to a Cardinal Red helmet with no metalflake, chrome, or dull finish. Stay traditional and let everyone know who comes to play.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: lahawg1 on July 26, 2016, 07:24:59 am
I agree, go back to a Cardinal Red helmet with no metalflake, chrome, or dull finish. Stay traditional and let everyone know who comes to play.

Leather helmets it is then!

VirginiaHog

We dont even have the white helmets anymore. Those were refinished in the red chrome per cbb.

Boardon Hamsay

I would think adidas has the rights to that design.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 26, 2016, 11:18:08 am
Leather helmets it is then!

This. And once a year, we have Apex do a retro version. Twould break the interwebs.

Hawginj

GuvHog

Quote from: VirginiaHog on July 26, 2016, 11:52:16 am
We dont even have the white helmets anymore. Those were refinished in the red chrome per cbb.

I hope they wear those with the white uniforms this year. Those red chrome helmets looked sharp in the Liberty bowl.