Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any news of who Arkansas' non conference opponent for 2018, and 2019

Started by Westcoasthog, July 22, 2016, 12:23:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Westcoasthog

Any news of Arkansas' non conference opponent for 2018 and 2019 since Michigan opt
out of the home and home to play Notre Name.

ricepig

coolhog

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: coolhog on July 22, 2016, 09:37:26 pm
3 to ponder on,   georgia tech, stanford, oregon.

I would love to Call the Hogs in Palo Alto!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogwild

Although it would be a great matchup, I don't believe GA Tech is an option.  Aside from playing UGA every year, the have upcoming games against Tennesseee, Notre Dame and Ole Miss.  They have also been during home and away with Tulane, and have another scheduled.

RazorRed26

Since we rarely play Pac 12 teams, I would love to pick up a team from that conference.  From what I have read, CBB is trying to recruit more on the west coast.

TheBigGriffkowski

I would love for the Hogs to schedule a home and home against a PAC 12 team. Not only for recruiting, but being stationed in Utah I'd definitely be able to travel to watch the Hogs play.  :razorback:

ricepig

Quote from: RazorRed26 on July 23, 2016, 01:56:50 pm
Since we rarely play Pac 12 teams, I would love to pick up a team from that conference.  From what I have read, CBB is trying to recruit more on the west coast.

Pac12 plays 9 conference games, so it will harder to schedule one of them on a home and home on a short notice. The ACC plays 8 like we do, so there could be more options there.

coolhog

Georgia Tech date with notre dame  is where Michigan is fitting in.
But I don't think we will want to play that type of offense.

Shoat61

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on July 23, 2016, 02:17:30 pm
I would love for the Hogs to schedule a home and home against a PAC 12 team. Not only for recruiting, but being stationed in Utah I'd definitely be able to travel to watch the Hogs play.  :razorback:
Like an Arizona or Arizona State, or UCLA perhaps.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Westcoasthog

I am hoping that Arkansas can schedule a home and home game with Southern Cal in 2018 and 2019.

Dr. Starcs

Porked Tongue

Can't confirm with reasonable certainty, but I heard they are trying to swap around with multiple schools to open up more possibilities.

Obviously that can be tricky.

factchecker

For consideration.... Every P5 program that we've never played:

Arizona
Boston College
Clemson
Colorado
Florida State
Illinois
Indiana
Louisville
Maryland
Michigan State
North Carolina State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Oregon State
Penn State
Pitt
Purdue
Syracuse
Utah
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Washington
Washington State
West Virginia

source: r/cfb
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dr. Starcs

tusksincolorado

You in Layton, or Toole?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: factchecker on July 24, 2016, 08:50:48 pm

Arizona
Boston College
Clemson
Colorado
Florida State
Illinois
Indiana
Louisville
Maryland
Michigan State
North Carolina State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Oregon State
Penn State
Pitt
Purdue
Syracuse
Utah
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Washington
Washington State
West Virginia

Of the teams on that list, my preference would be either Indiana or Illinois.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hog Nutt

My son, who's graduating from Tech school on Friday at Lackland AFB, requested to be stationed at Utah. But got Tinker AFB instead.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: factchecker on July 24, 2016, 08:50:48 pm

Arizona
Boston College
Clemson
Colorado
Florida State
Illinois
Indiana
Louisville
Maryland
Michigan State
North Carolina State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Oregon State
Penn State
Pitt
Purdue
Syracuse
Utah
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Washington
Washington State
West Virginia

It would be awesome if we could schedule Notre Dame and pay them with Michigan's money.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

TheBigGriffkowski

Quote from: Hog Nutt on July 25, 2016, 09:39:16 am
My son, who's graduating from Tech school on Friday at Lackland AFB, requested to be stationed at Utah. But got Tinker AFB instead.

Tinkers not bad, at least he's close enough to go watch the hogs and some OU,OKC games.

All I get here is the Jazz, BYU, and the Utes. Not the same as SEC football.

Hog Nutt

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on July 25, 2016, 09:53:36 am
Tinkers not bad, at least he's close enough to go watch the hogs and some OU,OKC games.

That's what I hear. I'm thrilled he got Tinker (I think anyway). Only 5 hours away from us, and about 2 hours away from Fayetteville. We can go and visit him, then we can take him to see a game there.

hogcard1964

Quote from: GuvHog on July 25, 2016, 09:26:05 am
Of the teams on that list, my preference would be either Indiana or Illinois.

You don't want the Razorbacks to ever play against a Big 10 team.  ...no matter how awful they are.

go hogues

We should play an ACC team. We hardly ever go that direction for games.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

bell2629

Rutgers. Please JL find a way for us to play Rutgers again. Please.

I don't care about SOS, I don't care about recruiting (although you never know when the next Vin A. may be right around the corner!), my spirit just can't take being 0 - 2 against them.
Praise the Lard!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on July 24, 2016, 10:42:40 pm
Layton

My boys are at Mountain Home and Malmstrom.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Tequilin' Time

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 23, 2016, 12:57:41 pm
I would love to Call the Hogs in Palo Alto!

my son lives in Carmel,  I could make that trip in a heart beat!

widespreadsooie

I would look towards Kansas State, Minnesota, Kansas, and maybe Houston if they're in the Big XII by then.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Hog Nutt on July 25, 2016, 09:59:17 am
That's what I hear. I'm thrilled he got Tinker (I think anyway). Only 5 hours away from us, and about 2 hours away from Fayetteville. We can go and visit him, then we can take him to see a game there.

He'll like and find a lot of things to do in the OKC area and the "eye candy" isn't bad for a young guy. However if he tries to make  it to Fayetteville from Tinker in 2 hours you'll probably need bond money to get him out of jail. ;) It's a 3+ hr trip any way you dice it if driving.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Hoggin in NYC on July 26, 2016, 04:02:19 pm

I'll be living in this house in Carmel Highlands after winning Powerball tomorrow night.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3136854817-30500-Aurora-Del-Mar-Carmel-CA-93923#photo-10

Inhogswetrust

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggin in NYC on July 26, 2016, 04:02:19 pm

Our son and his family live in San Jose. Tailgating there would be great. We can stop at his wine storage in Palo Alto and get some wine or Whisky to drink while there.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on July 25, 2016, 09:53:36 am

But the skiing is great!

nwahogfan1

If we are going to continue recruiting in Florida shouldn't we try to schedule another Florida school?

South Florida, Central Florida or Florida International would be good spots for recruits to go watch us play. 

ricepig

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 27, 2016, 09:05:48 am
If we are going to continue recruiting in Florida shouldn't we try to schedule another Florida school?

South Florida, Central Florida or Florida International would be good spots for recruits to go watch us play. 

Those aren't P5 schools.

RazrRila99

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 24, 2016, 04:31:33 pm
Like an Arizona or Arizona State, or UCLA perhaps.

There would be a VERY large Razorback contingent at any one of those games.  Especially the Arizona/ASU game.  JL Make it happen.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Whiskeyhog

Well here is a scenario.  If BYU joins the Big 12 they have to cancel a lot of contracts.  One of the contracts for 2018 is Wisconsin.  Now imagine a game at Lambeau like LSU is playing this year. 

AugustaHog

Lambeau may be one of the only places that could matchup with the BigHouse.  I could do that road trip.  Madison and Camp Randall would be pretty sweet too.

oldman1015

Quote from: Whiskeyhog on July 28, 2016, 07:19:15 am
Well here is a scenario.  If BYU joins the Big 12 they have to cancel a lot of contracts.  One of the contracts for 2018 is Wisconsin.  Now imagine a game at Lambeau like LSU is playing this year. 
I would have to take my son to that one.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Whiskeyhog on July 28, 2016, 07:19:15 am

It can take a couple of years after joining before actual conference play starts.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AugustaHog on July 28, 2016, 07:46:33 am
Lambeau may be one of the only places that could matchup with the BigHouse.  I could do that road trip.  Madison and Camp Randall would be pretty sweet too.

The big house is no big deal. I've been there.

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: AugustaHog on July 28, 2016, 07:46:33 am

I have been to couple of games at Camp Randall, spent more time watching the student section than the game.  They are nuts and well choreographed. 

ricepig

TrueBlue

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 28, 2016, 08:14:51 am
The big house is no big deal. I've been there.

So have I, several times.....they have had over 100,000 in attendance for every game since 1975. **smdh**

ricepig

Quote from: TrueBlue on July 28, 2016, 08:56:51 am
So have I, several times.....they have had over 100,000 in attendance for every game since 1975. **smdh**

Of course, that's tickets sold. Their previous AD admonished the students publicly on not showing up.