Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dennis Green has passed away.

Started by ricepig, July 22, 2016, 10:15:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

Broderick Johnson is still alive and well...

(sorry, couldn't help it).
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

EastexHawg

"They were who we thought they were!"

Sad news.

Jackrabbit Hog

He was a colorful guy and a quote machine for sure, but he was also a very fine and well respected coach.  And a pioneer of sorts too; he was one of the first African-American head coaches at a major college when he took the dead-end job at Northwestern.  He didn't turn them around - and that was when Northwestern was rivaling Kansas State for the worst college football program anywhere - but he did instill some enthusiasm there at least for a little while.

My favorite quote:  "If you want to go ahead and crown them, then CROWN THEIR ASS!!"
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Mike T.

hhicNaychaBoi

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The OTR

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.