Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is happening tonight!

Started by OLjunkie, July 21, 2016, 06:50:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Theolesnort

The most encouraging thing to me was Rawleigh with that 607lbs on his neck and shoulders. He just might really be ready to go.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

AirWarren

Our running game is going to be tough to handle.

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on July 22, 2016, 09:54:20 am
Our running game is going to be tough to handle.

If we can run, we can use our play action passing, it was virtually unstoppable the last half of last season.

kibster

Quote from: Theolesnort on July 22, 2016, 09:24:28 am
The most encouraging thing to me was Rawleigh with that 607lbs on his neck and shoulders. He just might really be ready to go.

How does one get to 607?  Having a hard time making the math work.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Boarmonger

younghog

GO HOGS

HogHolio

Quote from: kibster on July 22, 2016, 10:20:52 am

I'm guessing when you are bending the bar like they do, you put some serious clamps on the end of the bar to hold the weights on. 

OLjunkie

Jake did great. 562 which was his goal going in. He really like the strength coach and the program. He is up to 309 and has set personal records for himself across the board.

ricepig

Quote from: OLjunkie on July 22, 2016, 10:54:38 am
Jake did great. 562 which was his goal going in. He really like the strength coach and the program. He is up to 309 and has set personal records for himself across the board.

This may not be a question you wish to answer, has he said much about the differences in the workouts between us and Texas. I know we stress more power, while UT was more spread oriented.

OLjunkie

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2016, 10:57:03 am
This may not be a question you wish to answer, has he said much about the differences in the workouts between us and Texas. I know we stress more power, while UT was more spread oriented.

He has.

KlubhouseKonnected

I bet he said it's different...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

OLjunkie

Quote from: HogHolio on July 22, 2016, 10:39:02 am
I'm guessing when you are bending the bar like they do, you put some serious clamps on the end of the bar to hold the weights on.

Those bars are pre-bent and weigh 52lbs versus the standard 45. That is why the numbers seem 7 lbs higher than what you are used to seeing. They do use collars as dumping 700 lbs is a bit of a train wreck.

Nosboar Accubond

kibster

Quote from: OLjunkie on July 22, 2016, 11:05:13 am
Those bars are pre-bent and weigh 52lbs versus the standard 45. That is why the numbers seem 7 lbs higher than what you are used to seeing. They do use collars as dumping 700 lbs is a bit of a train wreck.

Thanks!  I was wondering about that.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pig in the Pokey

Im betting those arms do not ever fumble again. Dude is a straight up hoss.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

BornaHog

47lb Olympic bar and 560lbs in weights, but I'm guessing. My set was maxed at 600lbs and I had a 36lb bar and 564lbs in weights, but i'm sure their bars are rated for more weight so they would have to weigh more is my guess. But Fanonthehill might to be able to answer this correctly.   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

mhsbc59

That's alot of weight my squat was 625 but that was in the the dark ages
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

factchecker

Quote"Your gonna see that squat rack overlooking 72,000..... people that come to see you.  You got 3 million people in the state of Arkansas that take great PRIDE.... in what YOU do!  Put em all on your back man."

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

rzrbackramsfan

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: OLjunkie on July 22, 2016, 10:54:38 am

Glad to hear it, he will do well here at Arkansas. Glad to have you guys here. And by the way, there isn't anything like a game at RRS stadium in the fall with the leaves turning in color, the coolness of the air and the sound going up from the stadium. An awesome experience and I am so glad you guys are here to be able to experience all of that.
Go Hogs Go!

TheBigGriffkowski

Quote from: DOGALUM on July 22, 2016, 06:25:51 pm
Perfect thing for me to see this time of year.  Great primer for the upcoming season.  Love it!!

What a speech by Coach Herb!!

LZH

rzrbackramsfan

Coaches aren't supposed to be there right? I definitely saw CBB at the 0:48 second mark

TheBigGriffkowski

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 22, 2016, 06:47:38 pm
Coaches aren't supposed to be there right? I definitely saw CBB at the 0:48 second mark

https://twitter.com/BretBielema/status/756302335761063936

This post was an hour before the lifting started.

hawgmasta

Man, thanks for sharing. That got me pumped up for the season! Was Capps the last kid?

clutch

6 45's a 10 and a 1 on each side. I'm sure they have heavier plates than 45's though so that they don't have to load 12 onto a bar. Probably have heavier than 45lb bars too.

ricepig

Wrong, the rule changed a year or so ago.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/84477/coaches-adapt-to-summer-access-to-team

clutch

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on July 22, 2016, 06:51:25 pm

If the first video is what you were talking about, that was last years video.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on July 22, 2016, 06:51:25 pm

That might just mean someone committed from Orlando.  Check out the video and tell me that's not him in the white windbreaker at the 0:49 second mark

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2016, 07:06:06 pm
Wrong, the rule changed a year or so ago.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/84477/coaches-adapt-to-summer-access-to-team

Good find.
Quote from: clutch on July 22, 2016, 07:06:40 pm
If the first video is what you were talking about, that was last years video.

No I'm referring to this years

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 22, 2016, 07:07:10 pm
That might just mean someone committed from Orlando.  Check out the video and tell me that's not him in the white windbreaker at the 0:49 second mark

It doesn't matter, they can be with them.

clutch

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 22, 2016, 07:08:21 pm
Good find.
No I'm referring to this years

Just now noticed where this years was posted. I didn't see that before.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

cc

Quote from: hawgmasta on July 22, 2016, 06:54:22 pm
Man, thanks for sharing. That got me pumped up for the season! Was Capps the last kid?

Yes and He almost jumped up with it.  I figure he can already squat 650 easy.  He was squatting 600 last year before baseball season. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Thanks for posting.

Awesome.

Wish I could be one of them.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

PonderinHog

sasnakrafan

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on July 22, 2016, 06:35:54 pm
What a speech by Coach Herb!!

After that, I felt like I could run through a brick wall.

songofthesword

Arkansas: Where our scat backs squat over 600 pounds.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgmasta on July 22, 2016, 06:54:22 pm
yep, the one who stood up like he wasnt holding any weight.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawgmasta

Holy smokes, Capps is full grown manning it then!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: songofthesword on July 23, 2016, 10:58:46 am
Arkansas: Where our scat backs squat over 600 pounds.
and our starting RB squats over 3x his weight!! (236 lbs squatting 707 lbs!)
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Looks like the OL went to Anderson's to eat tonight, that's going to cost him, haha.

https://twitter.com/OLINEPRIDE/status/758107072693022720