Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison Runnin Back

Started by Sho Nuff, July 21, 2016, 05:14:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sho Nuff

I need some help.  I was talking with a friend at lunch today, and we couldn't remember a name.  Who was the running back for Rison in the early 90's that was a stud, I think it was Jonathan something.  Thanks!

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

rhog1

Quote from: HogBreath on July 21, 2016, 06:35:14 pm
Shemar Bracey
Shemar Bracy was in the late 90s. He was the stud back in the 2000 state championship.

Georgeofthejungle

Quote from: Sho Nuff on July 21, 2016, 05:14:32 pm
I need some help.  I was talking with a friend at lunch today, and we couldn't remember a name.  Who was the running back for Rison in the early 90's that was a stud, I think it was Jonathan something.  Thanks!

Jonathan Adams from Osceola in the late 90's?

60Hog

Jonathon Thompson played for Rison in '92 and '93.  Bearden beat Rison 30-13 in '92 and Rison won 27-13 in '93.  My nephew was quarterback  of Bearden's '92 team.  May not be the Jonathon you are looking for. 

Sho Nuff

July 22, 2016, 09:23:00 pm #5 Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:03:47 am by Sho Nuff
The guy I am trying to remember was the RB when Rison beat Carlisle for the championship - can't remember which year.

jackflash

Sho Nuff

Quote from: jackflash on July 22, 2016, 10:05:21 pm
was his last name Pryor
Bruiser Pryor was from Barton.  There may have been a Pryor from Rison as well, not sure.

jusgtohogs

Shermar Bracey was the kid from Rison (my high school).  He ran head-to-head against Jonathon Adams at a track meet and beat him.  Played a couple years at ASU

Razorbackers

You're thinking of Vincent Ascolese.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Seminole Indian

Quote from: jusgtohogs on July 25, 2016, 12:53:47 pm
Shermar Bracey was the kid from Rison (my high school).  He ran head-to-head against Jonathon Adams at a track meet and beat him.  Played a couple years at ASU
Big, fast and talented player.

Pretty sure he was the one that could not get into Arkansas because of a "D" on his transcript out of JC.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

wholehog92

There was a Jonathan Butler that was really talented around that time but I don't recall where he played.  I was thinking Pulaski, but could be wrong.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: wholehog92 on July 25, 2016, 01:41:32 pm
There was a Jonathan Butler that was really talented around that time but I don't recall where he played.  I was thinking Pulaski, but could be wrong.
Jonathan Bradley was a standout at Barton, who set all kinds of records, but it was in the late 90's.

Out grew the position, and played DL, at ASU, and in the NFL.

His recruiting caused a stir when his father, who wanted him to sign with the Razorbacks where one of his relatives , maybe his brother, was a star player, would not sign his papers.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

wholehog92

Quote from: Seminole Indian on July 25, 2016, 01:53:25 pm
Jonathan Bradley was a standout at Barton, who set all kinds of records, but it was in the last 90's.

Out grew the position, and played DL, at ASU, and in the NFL.

His recruiting caused a stir when his father, who wanted him to sign with the Razorbacks,w here one of his relatives , maybe his brother, was a star player. would not sign his papers.

The player I was referencing would have been around 90-92.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Razorbackers

supersaint

Quote from: Sho Nuff on July 23, 2016, 09:03:22 am
Bruiser Pryor was from Barton.  There may have been a Pryor from Rison as well, not sure.

Bruiser was a freak athlete.  There's no telling what he could have done at UA had he stayed around.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Yard Hog

Shermar Bracey was the running back and Rison beat Carlisle in 1990 state championship.

rhog1

Quote from: Yard Hog on July 26, 2016, 02:51:54 pm
Shermar Bracey was the running back and Rison beat Carlisle in 1990 state championship.
Shemar was the running back when Rison beat Shiloh Christian in 2000. I was at that game.

Porkerface

Jonathon Young was the name of the running back that played for Rison in 90' - 91' when Rison won back to back state championships over Barton and Carlisle.
To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Big Pig Fan

I think you are talking about Jonathan Young. He was a running back and linebacker on 1991 state championship team. I played against him, heck of a player. He played linebacker at Henderson for a season.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: Porkerface on July 26, 2016, 03:39:43 pm
Jonathon Young was the name of the running back that played for Rison in 90' - 91' when Rison won back to back state championships over Barton and Carlisle.
That's it - thank you!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Yard Hog on July 26, 2016, 02:51:54 pm
Quote from: rhog1 on July 26, 2016, 02:56:20 pm
Shemar was the running back when Rison beat Shiloh Christian in 2000. I was at that game.

A lot can be said about a 10 year high school football career.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

longpig

There was a Johnathon Cash out of Kingsland.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Piggage

Quote from: longpig on July 28, 2016, 12:05:59 am
There was a Johnathon Cash out of Kingsland.

Actually his name was just J.R. It was never legally any variety of John.

He liked black uniforms, though.  :-\