April 26, 2024, 04:39:22 am

Freeze

Started by hoggusamoungus, July 21, 2016, 07:05:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 27, 2016, 09:40:38 am
Bull, and I suspect you know the that.

Making a "slam dunk case" has little to do with the case (whe

n you have one of your plantation boys admitting it on national TV, what's so hard to prove?), but has everything to do with the impotency of the NCAA.

Do you realize you're taking the "Bill Clinton Is Not Guilty Of Perjury Because Everyone Lies" defense?

"It's not so bad.  Everybody does it. It was only a little bit."

Must be so proud to be defending your program.

Plantation boys?  Always nice to hear from the Harrison contingent.

They've either got a case or they don't.  If they had all the goods to make a big case, they wouldn't wait around a few years to make it.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

GuvHog

Quote from: AugustaHog on July 26, 2016, 08:22:41 pm
You don't think Slive had influence during the whole Cam Newton ordeal?  Not sure Sankey is the puppet master Slive was, but I can guarantee if Ole Miss is undefeated after week 3, there is zero chance they would mess that up.  There is a ton of money in both of those two early games.

No, I don't believe Slive had any influence during that deal. I believe he was paid by the big money Auburn boosters to turn a blind eye to the wrong doing at Auburn and kept his distance from the NCAA investigation to keep the bribery from being discovered by them.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hawg66

I'm selling tin hats with the Hog logo. I'm gonna be rich.

PLHawg

July 27, 2016, 10:22:30 am #103 Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:36:50 am by NaturalStateReb
Quote from: NaturalStateReb on July 27, 2016, 08:50:17 am
Because the conference knows (actually, will not permit) that bowl bans aren't going to happen.

The NCAA will be permitted to regulate what the Power 5 want them to regulate, right up to the point where it costs real money.  Then the conferences will tell the NCAA to take a hike.

To me, it doesn't matter whether it's Ole Miss or someone else--I just think the conferences hold all of the cards now, not the NCAA.

Just on the massive cheating point, the NCAA has been looking at this for years now, literally.  If it was such a slam dunk case, they'd have already made it.

Once again, I'll reference the Reggie Bush/USC deal.  The NCAA had the goods on USC for like two years before they dropped the hammer. In fact, it was daily fodder for sports talk radio "When's the NCAA going to do something?".  The NCAA is legendary for moving at a snail's pace.  I would say the opposite is true - if they didn't have anything they would have already resolved the case.  Wishful thinking on your part, and the denial is typical of a home school fan, but time to face reality.  All Ole Miss fans can hope for is that the NCAA waits until after this season is over to announce sanctions and not mess up their upcoming "dream season".  Isn't it kind of interesting that Ole Miss is currently ranked 36 (Rivals) in recruiting?  That's what happens when you're under the microscope and the $$ quit flying around.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: PLHawg on July 27, 2016, 10:22:30 am
Once again, I'll reference the Reggie Bush/USC deal.  The NCAA had the goods on USC for like two years before they dropped the hammer. In fact, it was daily fodder for sports talk radio "When's the NCAA going to do something?".  The NCAA is legendary for moving at a snail's pace.  I would say the opposite is true - if they didn't have anything they would have already resolved the case.  Wishful thinking on your part, and the denial is typical of a home school fan, but time to face reality.  All Ole Miss fans can hope for is that the NCAA waits until after this season is over to announce sanctions and not mess up their upcoming "dream season".  Isn't it kind of interesting that Ole Miss is currently ranked 36 (Rivals) in recruiting?  That's what happens when you're under the microscope and the $$ quit flying around.

I don't think it shows we're under a microscope.  First, national signing day is a long way away.  Second, when you look Freeze's class rankings, he's not pulling in top 10 classes consistently.  About every third year, he has a great class.  The other two years, he has a good class.  If there were payments everywhere, you wouldn't see that pattern.  You'd see an SMU pattern--things are great all the time.  He'll have a top 20 class this year, but I doubt he has a top 10 class unless we really do pull a rabbit out of the hat with this season's results.

Last season was supposed to be the dream season.  I think we're probably looking at another second place west finish, behind either Bama or LSU.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on July 27, 2016, 10:40:01 am
I don't think it shows we're under a microscope.  First, national signing day is a long way away.  Second, when you look Freeze's class rankings, he's not pulling in top 10 classes consistently.  About every third year, he has a great class.  The other two years, he has a good class.  If there were payments everywhere, you wouldn't see that pattern.  You'd see an SMU pattern--things are great all the time.  He'll have a top 20 class this year, but I doubt he has a top 10 class unless we really do pull a rabbit out of the hat with this season's results.

Last season was supposed to be the dream season.  I think we're probably looking at another second place west finish, behind either Bama or LSU.

And you probably think that Trump will "Make America Great again!....Believe Me!"

Go wave your Confederate flag else where...
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

bondhue

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 27, 2016, 11:16:21 pm
And you probably think that Trump will "Make America Great again!....Believe Me!"

Go wave your Confederate flag else where...
Your comment is childish.  Obviously you have not followed the recent political news, so you should stop bringing politics into your discussion here.  The recent Wikileaks dump on the DNC and its queen have laid bare her and their corruption, and we now know she and they broke the rules to steal 186 delegates from Sanders.  The chair of the DNC had to step down over that.  The queen has also engaged in a pay for play scheme with rich donors, setting a price tag on appointive federal offices.  This is just for starters, if you know what I Mena.

If you shills want to keep on injecting politics into your posts on this forum I intend to make you very uncomfortable.

Now, to the issues of Ole Miss.  I want to see the thread again, which got locked, that showed Ole Miss recruits flashing big bills on Twitter.  I would like to know why the thread got locked, and where the cash came from.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

longpig

Quote from: bondhue on July 27, 2016, 11:54:21 pm
Your comment is childish.  Obviously you have not followed the recent political news, so you should stop bringing politics into your discussion here.  The recent Wikileaks dump on the DNC and its queen have laid bare her and their corruption, and we now know she and they broke the rules to steal 186 delegates from Sanders.  The chair of the DNC had to step down over that.  The queen has also engaged in a pay for play scheme with rich donors, setting a price tag on appointive federal offices.  This is just for starters, if you know what I Mena.

If you shills want to keep on injecting politics into your posts on this forum I intend to make you very uncomfortable.

Now, to the issues of Ole Miss.  I want to see the thread again, which got locked, that showed Ole Miss recruits flashing big bills on Twitter.  I would like to know why the thread got locked, and where the cash came from.

I'll personally see to it that the Ole Miss cash flossin thread you desire gets unlocked, Your Highness.
Don't be scared, be smart.

bondhue

Quote from: longpig on July 28, 2016, 12:13:54 am
I'll personally see to it that the Ole Miss cash flossin thread you desire gets unlocked, Your Highness.
Do you wish to make a political statement for me to respond to, or just pretend to be a sycophant?
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

longpig

July 28, 2016, 12:34:26 am #109 Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:16:26 am by longpig
Quote from: bondhue on July 28, 2016, 12:22:40 am
Do you wish to make a political statement for me to respond to, or just pretend to be a sycophant?

Don't do remedial political discussion.  Sorry.

oldhawg

Quote from: bondhue on July 28, 2016, 12:22:40 am

With respect for us football fans, please take it to the political forum for further discussion.

longpig

Quote from: oldhawg on July 28, 2016, 08:07:08 am
With respect for us football fans, please take it to the political forum for further discussion.

You're welcome bondhue.  Enjoy your dittoheading.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?board=105.0

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Pig in the Pokey

hahahahaahahaha, how cute. You actually believe he'll win!!! hilarious. Even Bernie couldn't beat her. Trumpolini is toast.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

KlubhouseKonnected

None of what you said really has anything to do with what he said. Just as a point of order.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Tyro3

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 28, 2016, 01:14:03 pm
hahahahaahahaha, how cute. You actually believe he'll win!!! hilarious. Even Bernie couldn't beat her. Trumpolini is toast.

I used to like reading your posts, now you are just getting on my nerves with this political crap, you are way to full of yourself. and you might be surprised what actually happens.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tyro3 on July 28, 2016, 06:06:38 pm
I used to like reading your posts, now you are just getting on my nerves with this political crap, you are way to full of yourself. and you might be surprised what actually happens.
I NEVER start the politics. I ALWAYS respond to it b/c it's annoying as hell so I make it worse in hopes it will get better.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

oldhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 28, 2016, 06:25:14 pm
I NEVER start the politics. I ALWAYS respond to it b/c it's annoying as hell so I make it worse in hopes it will get better.

That's like saying, "I have a toothache, so I think I'll poke a pencil in my ear to see if it gets better."  :)

tusksincolorado

WOW....

All I was doing was poking at a Webel Fan, and I get 10 posts on Clinton/Trump.

Bondhue have you seriously considered meds???

And no I haven't followed the current stupidity, there is already way to much hate in our country.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: oldhawg on July 28, 2016, 06:33:03 pm
That's like saying, "I have a toothache, so I think I'll poke a pencil in my ear to see if it gets better."  :)

Does that really work???  ;)

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: oldhawg on July 28, 2016, 06:33:03 pm
i'll quickly explain. i see people bash liberals/progressives (like a bernie or hillary joke) and the forum giggles. When I respond about trumpolini, somebody gets mad. every single time it's this way, so, i really can't resist. But i challenge anyone to find a thread where I make a political comment without quoting somebody's republican style hatred. In this case a poster wanted to lock up the democratic nominee over emails, when that republican nominee actively invites foreign governments to sabotage his political opponents, he was accused of rape by his 2nd ex wife, he has been sued 1800 times.... just stop and i will too. Bring the love, people.

wildhogman

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 28, 2016, 11:46:48 pm
i'll quickly explain. i see people bash liberals/progressives (like a bernie or hillary joke) and the forum giggles. When I respond about trumpolini, somebody gets mad. every single time it's this way, so, i really can't resist. But i challenge anyone to find a thread where I make a political comment without quoting somebody's republican style hatred. In this case a poster wanted to lock up the democratic nominee over emails, when that republican nominee actively invites foreign governments to sabotage his political opponents, he was accused of rape by his 2nd ex wife, he has been sued 1800 times.... just stop and i will too. Bring the love, people.
And I come here to read about the HOGS. Then when I am done reading about the hogs I read more hog news. and when that is finished, I read even more hog news. In short this is the quarterback forum where all thinsg football are discussed. Now you show me which of the idiots(politicians can help our current team and I am all ears. Otherwise,,,well ya get the idea, Don't make me tell you and the other children where they can place their politics. 
As to you appointing yourself the self mod to stop politics by inserting politics? Yeah in forrest fires they have back fires and such which works pretty well.  Around these parts though we have something even better called Doug, or Wilson Hog.  You met them yet?

theFlyingHog

LZH

Trumpolini?.....I was married to an Italian woman for eight years and I can tell you that they don't have the temperament to be Precedent.

LZH

And they talk funny, too.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on July 27, 2016, 09:55:10 am
Plantation boys?  Always nice to hear from the Harrison contingent.

They've either got a case or they don't.  If they had all the goods to make a big case, they wouldn't wait around a few years to make it.

I guess you don't realize Harrison is not in an area where they had plantations like one other part of the state or the WHOLE state of Mississippi.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 29, 2016, 07:16:09 am
I guess you don't realize Harrison is not in an area where they had plantations like one other part of the state or the WHOLE state of Mississippi.

I think he's referring to the Klan's HQ in Harrison.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: LZH on July 29, 2016, 08:58:35 am

The Klan has moved from their satellite locations in Cookeville, Tupelo, and Montgomery???

LZH

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 29, 2016, 10:03:29 am
The Klan has moved from their satellite locations in Cookeville, Tupelo, and Montgomery???

I don't know. I just saw something on television when I still lived in Lake Village that some loudmouth cracker and his daughter were running the international headquarters out of Harrison Arkansas.

southeasthog

Quote from: LZH on July 29, 2016, 10:28:21 am
I don't know. I just saw something on television when I still lived in Lake Village that some loudmouth cracker and his daughter were running the international headquarters out of Harrison Arkansas.
They also use to have a "adopt a highway" sign there sponsored by that chapter.

cosmodrum

Make Old Miss Garbage Again
Go away, batin'

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LZH on July 29, 2016, 08:58:35 am

I know But there is no "one true" Klans headquarters since there is no one Klan group under one administration. There is a perception that Harrison and the Ozarks are racist but they aren't any moreso than other places and areas. The most racist places I've been are actually where there are a lot of minorities.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: southeasthog on July 29, 2016, 10:35:30 am
They also use to have a "adopt a highway" sign there sponsored by that chapter.

I think I've read where there was one in Georgia and North Carolina from other racist organizations.